Windows 10: PC randomly restarts Error ID 41

Discus and support PC randomly restarts Error ID 41 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For a couple months now my pc has been randomly restarting and when I look at Event Viewer it says Error ID 41 and I get no bug codes or anything. Here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DudeMcBroGuy, May 15, 2022.

1. PC randomly restarts Error ID 41

For a couple months now my pc has been randomly restarting and when I look at Event Viewer it says Error ID 41 and I get no bug codes or anything. Here are my specs: Ryzen 7 3800xDark Hero VIIIRTX 2070 Super32 GB G.Skill 3600 mHzCorsair 750 Gold PSUI have recently replaced the motherboard to the Dark Hero so that is not the issue. I have also reseated everything. I have tried looking this code up but there are so many links and discussions, and none of the proposed solutions have helped me.Any help is appreciated, it is extremely annoying. It almost seems to restart when not under load as well

:)

DudeMcBroGuy, May 15, 2022

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 15, 2022
  3. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for replying with the required information.

What is the make and model of your PC?

As you have mentioned that the system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive,
    this scenario usually indicates a problem with the hardware. To help isolate the problem, I suggest you to refer the section
    Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang)
    from the following article on Windows Kernel event
    ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and follow the steps mentioned in the section to isolate the cause of the issue.

If you see that the computer generates a Stop error that contains a BugcheckCode value that is not reported in an event ID 41, change the restart behavior for the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

Right-click My Computer, and then click
    Properties.

Click Advanced system settings.

Click the Advanced tab.

In the Startup and Recovery
    section, click Settings.

Click to clear the Automatically restart
    check box.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Perform clean boot.

Check if any third party application is causing this issue. Refer the article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    for steps to perform clean boot.

Note:
    A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

Method 2: Adjust PC to best performance.

To do that,

In the search box on the taskbar, type
    performance
    , then select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.

On the Visual Effects tab, select
    Adjust for best performance > Apply.

Restart your PC and see if that speeds up your PC.

Method 3: Check your hard disk for errors.

To do that,

1. Double click on This PC icon.
    2. Right-click the hard disk drive that may be damaged.
    3. Click Properties, and then click the Tools tab.
    4. Click on the Check option.
    5. Now click on the Scan Drive option.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 15, 2022
  4. Jose Est Win User

PC randomly restarts Error ID 41

My pc just had black screen and stuck/freezing now i see in the event viewer log that i had a Kernel-Power id 41 why ?

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the information.

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly.

There are scenarios that causes event 41. Which of these 3 scenarios are you experiencing:

• Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.
    • Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.
    • Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 15, 2022
Thema:

PC randomly restarts Error ID 41

1. PC randomly restarts Error ID 41 - Similar Threads - randomly restarts Error

2. PC randomly crashes, Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly crashes, Event ID 41: Hello,my PC randomly crashes without a BSOD and restarts. The event log shows ID 41 with different bug codes. I am going to attach the most recent minidump since I could not make sense of it. Is there anything somebody on this messaging board finds within that file that might...
  3. PC randomly crashes, Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly crashes, Event ID 41: Hello,my PC randomly crashes without a BSOD and restarts. The event log shows ID 41 with different bug codes. I am going to attach the most recent minidump since I could not make sense of it. Is there anything somebody on this messaging board finds within that file that might...
  4. EVENT ID 41 PC KEEPS RESTARTING

EVENT ID 41 PC KEEPS RESTARTING: hi for the past few weeks my pc keeps restarting on its own, maybe few times a day event 41 in event viewer. my pc is fairly new 4 months oldAMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7GHz AM5 not overclocking yetArctic Liquid Freezer II 240MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM5 DDR5KINGSTON FURTY RENEGADE...
  5. PC randomly restarts Error ID 41

PC randomly restarts Error ID 41: For a couple months now my pc has been randomly restarting and when I look at Event Viewer it says Error ID 41 and I get no bug codes or anything. Here are my specs: Ryzen 7 3800xDark Hero VIIIRTX 2070 Super32 GB G.Skill 3600 mHzCorsair 750 Gold PSUI have recently replaced...
  6. New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41: Hello,I built a new PC last month and have been dealing with sudden, seemingly random restarts, which Event Viewer logs as Event ID 41. There's no blue screen and no bugcheck code in Event Viewer; the PC just powers down abruptly, then reboots like nothing happened.I've done...
  7. New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41

New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41: Hello,I built a new PC last month and have been dealing with sudden, seemingly random restarts, which Event Viewer logs as Event ID 41. There's no blue screen and no bugcheck code in Event Viewer; the PC just powers down abruptly, then reboots like nothing happened.I've done...
  8. New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10

PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10: Hi everyone For the last few weeks I've had an issue where my PC suddenly restarts. I've tried looking for clues in event viewer but all I can find are the following: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system...
  10. Computer randomly restarts event view error ID 41

Computer randomly restarts event view error ID 41: Hey all, i have a desktop that has been randomly restarting at least once per day since the april update KB4549951. It happens even in idle and can also happen when i am working on something. All that happens is the screen goes black no blue sceen, then the standard reboot...