Windows 10: PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10

Discus and support PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone For the last few weeks I've had an issue where my PC suddenly restarts. I've tried looking for clues in event viewer but all I can find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JasonWhite_018, Feb 19, 2021.

1. PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10

Hi everyone

For the last few weeks I've had an issue where my PC suddenly restarts. I've tried looking for clues in event viewer but all I can find are the following:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

A TCG Command has returned an error.
    Desc: AuthenticateSession
    Param1: 0x1
    Param2: 0x60000001C
    Param3: 0x900000006
    Param4: 0x0

The previous system shutdown at 15:00:36 on ‎19/‎02/‎2021 was unexpected.

svchost 14244,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 0xfffffc01 occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.
    I'm on windows 10 - 64bit version 1909
    Have 16gb of ram. AMD Ryzen 7 2700x process. GTX 2070 Nvidia. PSU is Corsair TX850M 850 watts.
    The BIOS is outdated 08/08/2018 though am reluctant to update as I'm not too sure how to. Though I can if it's advised.

Each time it restarted I was doing something different. Today I was playing a game, yesterday I was on a Zoom call and the time before that it was idle on the desktop.

I tried using the free version of WhoCrashed which summarised the following:

On Mon 05/08/2019 13:49:36 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\PoW32kWatchdog-20190805-0402.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!WheaConfigureErrorSource+0x5B2E
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A1 0xFFFFA384C0D7B040, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: CUSTOM_ERROR

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Though what's interesting is that the time my PC restarted was in fact 15:15, not 13:49. There's a pattern to it as well. It appears to always happen in the afternoon, I work from home so it is on a lot, never had a problem in the day or night. It also appears to always restart twice in the day, with each event being within an hour of each other.

According to event viewer a pattern in the error just before it restarts is:

A TCG Command has returned an error.
    Desc: AuthenticateSession
    Param1: 0x1
    Param2: 0x60000001C
    Param3: 0x900000006
    Param4: 0x0

I've checked over 4 restart events and this is the error that has preceded it each time.

:)

JasonWhite_018, Feb 19, 2021

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Michelle Vil, Feb 19, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10

New PC randomly restarting, Event 41 Kernel Power

Your event shows nothing; it is as OneMoar stated earlier:

Or this quote from MS explains the no event info here --> Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2
    If you are absolutely sure your PSU is good... check all your connections and be sure they are secure and properly placed.
    It would probably be best to un-connect and re-connect each one.
    Even the header connectors on the MB, power to wall, UPS, surge protector, ... all power connections.
    Make sure there are no power connectors laying around getting shorted out, too.
    Turn off, if, any OCing.
    Reset the BIOS to defaults.
    Check for any over heating

Then deal with windows after your are positive there is no hardware problems.

95Viper, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10

1. PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10 - Similar Threads - randomly restarts event

2. PC randomly crashes, Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly crashes, Event ID 41: Hello,my PC randomly crashes without a BSOD and restarts. The event log shows ID 41 with different bug codes. I am going to attach the most recent minidump since I could not make sense of it. Is there anything somebody on this messaging board finds within that file that might...
  3. PC randomly crashes, Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly crashes, Event ID 41: Hello,my PC randomly crashes without a BSOD and restarts. The event log shows ID 41 with different bug codes. I am going to attach the most recent minidump since I could not make sense of it. Is there anything somebody on this messaging board finds within that file that might...
  4. EVENT ID 41 PC KEEPS RESTARTING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EVENT ID 41 PC KEEPS RESTARTING: hi for the past few weeks my pc keeps restarting on its own, maybe few times a day event 41 in event viewer. my pc is fairly new 4 months oldAMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7GHz AM5 not overclocking yetArctic Liquid Freezer II 240MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM5 DDR5KINGSTON FURTY RENEGADE...
  5. EVENT ID 41 PC KEEPS RESTARTING

EVENT ID 41 PC KEEPS RESTARTING: hi for the past few weeks my pc keeps restarting on its own, maybe few times a day event 41 in event viewer. my pc is fairly new 4 months oldAMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7GHz AM5 not overclocking yetArctic Liquid Freezer II 240MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM5 DDR5KINGSTON FURTY RENEGADE...
  6. EVENT ID 41 PC KEEPS RESTARTING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random of Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random of Event ID 41: Hi All, I'm running this Random Restart issue on my VM. Hopefully someone able to help to find the root cause.Here the MEMORY.DMP file for your references; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pAxQnMl51AhQqSqbT0BPermkCGNosqtM?usp=sharing...
  8. Random of Event ID 41

Random of Event ID 41: Hi All, I'm running this Random Restart issue on my VM. Hopefully someone able to help to find the root cause.Here the MEMORY.DMP file for your references; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pAxQnMl51AhQqSqbT0BPermkCGNosqtM?usp=sharing...
  9. New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41: Hello,I built a new PC last month and have been dealing with sudden, seemingly random restarts, which Event Viewer logs as Event ID 41. There's no blue screen and no bugcheck code in Event Viewer; the PC just powers down abruptly, then reboots like nothing happened.I've done...
  10. New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41: Hello,I built a new PC last month and have been dealing with sudden, seemingly random restarts, which Event Viewer logs as Event ID 41. There's no blue screen and no bugcheck code in Event Viewer; the PC just powers down abruptly, then reboots like nothing happened.I've done...