Windows 10: PC randomly restarts for no reason.

Discus and support PC randomly restarts for no reason. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,i clean installed windows on my PC. I had a few bluescreens and now my pc just randomly shuts off and restarts, I dont know what the issue is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmaKlm, Sep 5, 2021.

1. AmaKlm Win User

PC randomly restarts for no reason.

Hello,i clean installed windows on my PC. I had a few bluescreens and now my pc just randomly shuts off and restarts, I dont know what the issue is. This happened to me several times now in the past few days. All drivers should be up to date.Help is very appreciatedr5 3600b450 tomahawkrtx 2070 super2x8gb crucial ram650W bequiet platinum power supply

:)

AmaKlm, Sep 5, 2021

2. Computer randomly shuts off and restarts with Reason Code: 0x500ff

My buddy's computer keeps randomly restarting. Usually when he's playing a game. It has randomly restarted just when he's on YouTube. 
    Event Viewer says:

Here is a screenshot of Event Viewer. 
    I think this event was it.  He has a prebuilt cyberpower gaming PC. 
    Any suggestions are good.

Johnny Lin, Sep 5, 2021
  3. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

ASUS Laptop randomly restarts

There could be various reasons why your laptop is having random restarts. Some of these causes are
    important Windows Updates, anti-virus, incompatibility issue with the graphic card drivers, and
    overheating.

We'd like to know more information to help us identify the root cause of the said concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting any messages when the computer restarts? (e.g. "Configuring updates...")
    • Is the issue happening only when your PC is idle or does it also happen while you are using it?
    • How often does this issue occur?
    By default, Windows 10 automatically downloads updates and restarts your PC to install those. This allows you to get the latest features and improvements for your operating system. You can schedule updates using active hours in Windows 10 or select a specific
    schedule to restart your PC be following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Look for Restart options and click it.
    • Set the schedule for the time when you want your PC to restart and install the updates.
    If the suggested steps above do not resolve your concern, you may also want to run the
    Power troubleshooter to check for any incorrect power settings which may cause such. To do so, please do these steps:

• Access the Control Panel of your computer.
    • In the Control Panel Search field, type troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooting tool.
    Let us know of any feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

1. PC randomly restarts for no reason. - Similar Threads - randomly restarts reason

2. PC randomly crashes for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly crashes for no reason.: Hello,My PC has recently been crashing every time I'm playing a game with a decent amount of needed graphics and whatnot, it isn't the CPU or the GPU as they don't overheat or anything. I've looked for it on event viewer and memory diagnostic tool, although I'm not completely...
  3. PC randomly crashes for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly crashes for no reason.: Hello,My PC has recently been crashing every time I'm playing a game with a decent amount of needed graphics and whatnot, it isn't the CPU or the GPU as they don't overheat or anything. I've looked for it on event viewer and memory diagnostic tool, although I'm not completely...
  4. PC randomly crashes for no reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC randomly restarts

PC randomly restarts: My laptop randomly restarts. I have spent hours troubleshooting this. Some of the things I've tried include reinstalling Windows, updating BIOS, updating drivers, running hardware scans, and a whole bunch of other things I can't even remember. The best I can figure is there...
  6. Pc randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc randomly restarts: i have replaced the power supply already...i have an i7 8700k and a gtx 2080 super.I get The cplspcon service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error in event viewer. never blue screens, just restarts, temperatures don't seem unnormal, nothing overheats...would...
  7. Pc randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly restarts: i have replaced the power supply already...i hvae an i7 8700k and a gtx 2080 super.I get The cplspcon service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error in event viewer....
  8. PC randomly reboots for no reason

PC randomly reboots for no reason: Hello, my PC randomly reboots for no apparent reason for a few days now. It doesn't freeze, it doesn't say "Rebooting Windows" or whatever, it just goes straight to black and then I see the BIOS message and it starts just like nothing happened. I'm running Windows 10,...
  9. PC randomly restarts

PC randomly restarts: My new pc randomly crashes and restarts on its own. I've tried using the driver verifier and it wouldn't boot so I had to boot it in safe mode. It has also shown boot failure after restarting on its own. Google drive link containing dump filesonly 1 in minidump folder...
  10. PC - Restarts without a reason and bluescreen

PC - Restarts without a reason and bluescreen: Hi All, My PC is been restarts every 10 -15 mins of operations since last year. Yesterday I reset it as factory default and deleted all the software on it but issue still persists. Please see the event log below and suggest a solution. -<Event...