Windows 10: PC randomly restarts with no warning

Discus and support PC randomly restarts with no warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently built a PC and the PC is restarting with no warning. In the Event Viewer, there is not really any information, as all I see is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brandonz12345, Jan 19, 2021.

1. PC randomly restarts with no warning

Hello, I recently built a PC and the PC is restarting with no warning. In the Event Viewer, there is not really any information, as all I see is the Kernel Power Error 41, which does not tell anything about why the PC is crashing. I believe this is a software issue or a driver issue as I used WhoCrashed and see this error code:

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: amdppm.sys 0xFFFFF8014EE018D5
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x17BC9B180, 0xFF, 0xE0, 0xFFFFF8014EE018D5
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\amdppm.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Processor Device Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Here is the crash file from Minidump:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1njodA2VTZat7i6roBz-qgj5wlZs_-GUL/view?usp=sharing

I would really appreciate any help on solving this error.

Thank you!

:)

Brandonz12345, Jan 19, 2021

2. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Jan 19, 2021
  3. kebabs35 Win User
    Since installing Windows 10, PC restarts randomly without warning.

I installed Windows 10 on my Pc (a 1 tb, HP Pavillion desktop, less than 2 years old) a few months ago and since then my computer restarts randomly without warning, sometimes it seems that updates have been installed as when the pc restart it say configuring
    updates (although on the previous version you had some warning). In the updates settings I changed it from automatic restart to notify to restart, thinking it may be to do with that but it has made no
    difference, my Pc still restarts without warning and sometimes i can be in the middle of doing something so it is pretty frustrating. At other times there does not seem to be any reason for it, it just happens. I understand that it is affecting others with
    windows 10. Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem yet?

kebabs35, Jan 19, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

PC randomly restarts with no warning

Windows 10 Randomly Restarts Laptop Without Warning

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop reboots by itself randomly. We suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and System File Checker tool to scan for any corruptions that may be causing your system to reboot. Kindly follow the steps to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the left panel.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. Click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

To run the System File Checker tool, kindly refer to this article:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

PC randomly restarts with no warning

1. PC randomly restarts with no warning - Similar Threads - randomly restarts warning

2. PC Randomly Restarts with no warning and under no load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Restarts with no warning and under no load: Hi All,My PC randomly restarts, and I cannot figure out why.Happened right now from a cold start this morning, was in an idle state while I was drinking coffee and looking at my phone. No apps running.Event viewer was no help, typical metadata staging & COM errors. No event...
  3. PC Randomly Restarts with no warning and under no load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Restarts with no warning and under no load: Hi All,My PC randomly restarts, and I cannot figure out why.Happened right now from a cold start this morning, was in an idle state while I was drinking coffee and looking at my phone. No apps running.Event viewer was no help, typical metadata staging & COM errors. No event...
  4. My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD

My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD: I need help. My PC suddenly powers down and restarts without any warnings or such. Usually it happens when I'm playing games, mostly Apex Legends. It will occur usually after 1-2games of TDM, sometimes in BR as well. Now recently, i've only been using it for work and it...
  5. My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD: I need help. My PC suddenly powers down and restarts without any warnings or such. Usually it happens when I'm playing games, mostly Apex Legends. It will occur usually after 1-2games of TDM, sometimes in BR as well. Now recently, i've only been using it for work and it...
  6. PC is randomly restarting without any warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is randomly restarting without any warning: Split from this thread. I also facing same problem the PC is randomly restarting without any warning , even though my PC is fully updated still facing it what can i do...
  7. PC is randomly restarting without any warning

PC is randomly restarting without any warning: Split from this thread. I also facing same problem the PC is randomly restarting without any warning , even though my PC is fully updated still facing it what can i do...
  8. My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD: My issue is that sometimes when I use my pc it just randomly restarts without giving any warnings. Its pretty inconsistent so you can't exactly tell when it'll happen and you can use the pc longer sometimes before it happens and sometimes shorter. Whenever I use my pc whether...
  9. PC randomly restarts without giving any warnings

PC randomly restarts without giving any warnings: Greetings, so my PC frequently restarted by itself without showing any warnings or error messages, not even BSOD is displayed and often times it restarted when im playing games, watching movies, or simply just browsing the internet. I asked my friends first about this and...
  10. PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD: This is extremely annoying. New PC, built it myself about a month ago, no prior experience. System Builder - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING, MX330 ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker Windows 10 pro. Had some kinks to work out in the first week...