Windows 10: PC randomly restarts

Discus and support PC randomly restarts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop randomly restarts. I have spent hours troubleshooting this. Some of the things I've tried include reinstalling Windows, updating BIOS,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JessieMaeVT, Jan 18, 2022.

1. PC randomly restarts

My laptop randomly restarts. I have spent hours troubleshooting this. Some of the things I've tried include reinstalling Windows, updating BIOS, updating drivers, running hardware scans, and a whole bunch of other things I can't even remember. The best I can figure is there is a driver that isn't playing nice. I tried to use the driver verifier tool, but my computer crashed immediately and there was no report, so that was no help. The most recent dump files are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoTtIftE-uFwitcqyMjkRAs5_kwjjA?e=b2pab4Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

:)

JessieMaeVT, Jan 18, 2022

2. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Pc keeps restarting randomly

Hello

my sons pc restarts every 2-3 days seemingly randomly, no connection to what was being done at the time.

have replaced the power supply and in the process seated all the power connections...temperatures are on the low side...even fitted a better cooler an arctic A11 just to be safe....

wonderd what the mist bvious things are t check...

someone said uninstall the graphic card and drivers and reinstall after a reboot...

not done any any troubleshooting / remedial steps yest apart from the new psu and cooler...

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Tau45 Win User

PC randomly restarts

Pc restarts randomly

I've got a problem with my pc, it restarts randomly without any bsod, I get event 41 only. Can it be caused by bus speed spikes? Here are some I saw:

PC randomly restarts 4brp7d5zwgs4-png.png

PC randomly restarts 6e4084lck2gg-png.png

As you can see the cpu multiplier is set to 40. The bus looks like raising close to 103MHz, it doesn't seem ok.

Here's the setup:
    PSU: Corsair VS 450W
    MOBO: MSI H81M-P33
    CPU: Pentium G3258 @4ghz 1.2V
    RAM: Crucial 8GB 1600MHz CL11
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX950
    HDD: Samsung SP2504C
    ODD: Asus DRW-24F1ST
    Windows 10 64-bit

It's crazy because I can run world of tanks and it will restart over and over, then I would run gta 5 and it will be fine.

Tau45, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

PC randomly restarts

1. PC randomly restarts - Similar Threads - randomly restarts

2. Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.: Hello, I recently built my own PC, it worked well for a week and then it suddenly restarted and booted in the recovery environment. I already tried to fully delete windows from the drive and reinstall it using a USB flash drive. Also all the functions in the recovery tab do...
  3. Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.: Hello, I recently built my own PC, it worked well for a week and then it suddenly restarted and booted in the recovery environment. I already tried to fully delete windows from the drive and reinstall it using a USB flash drive. Also all the functions in the recovery tab do...
  4. Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  6. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  7. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  8. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  9. My computer keeps randomly restarting, Windows 11

My computer keeps randomly restarting, Windows 11: My computer keeps randomly restarting while i am working on it , Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-randomly-restarting-windows-11/3f31537c-a01e-4797-b024-2714cfb1d331
  10. My computer keeps randomly restarting, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps randomly restarting, Windows 11: My computer keeps randomly restarting while i am working on it , Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-randomly-restarting-windows-11/3f31537c-a01e-4797-b024-2714cfb1d331