Windows 10: PC Randomly Starts Lagging

Discus and support PC Randomly Starts Lagging in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; At random times my PC starts to feel really laggy even if it CPU/RAM are at like 50% and the only thing that fixes it is restarting? Is anyone else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shua-12, Oct 26, 2020.

1. PC Randomly Starts Lagging

At random times my PC starts to feel really laggy even if it CPU/RAM are at like 50% and the only thing that fixes it is restarting? Is anyone else having this issue?

submitted by /u/shua-12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shua-12, Oct 26, 2020
  2. ken132 Win User

Computer starts randomly lagging

Sorry to clarify, the internet is not lagging. By lagging I mean the computer is freezing (not completely) and it takes like a couple of second for each action to go through. For example clicking on the window icon > power > shut down, these steps could take up like a minute.

I've ran ESET OnlineScan and it found no malware. I'm also using malwarebyte and windows security and scheduled to scan everyday so I don't think I have a virus. (I never download anything phishy either).

I've ran all these as well:
    DISM /Online /CLEANUP-IMAGE /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

I tried using Driver Easy to update my drivers. The thing with this is it's so random. It hasn't happened since I last posted in this thread then just now it happened again randomly *Sad

I don't remember when it started happening because it's been a while and I've just lived with it whenever it happens I just restart my pc. Is there some kind of error logging I can view as soon as it happens after I restart my pc?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have idea? *Sad

ken132, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Oct 26, 2020
  4. RageAceYT Win User

PC Randomly Starts Lagging

Laptop randomly lags

As mentioned in the title, my 2 year old laptop has started to lag randomly, and it does not revert back to normal by itself. A few weeks ago this happened too but it was easily fixed by doing a forced restart. But now, even with a forced restart, it starts
    lagging, even on startup.

My performance settings are on best performance. I tried clean boot, it's still lagging upon startup. Any solutions would be appreciated.

RageAceYT, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

PC Randomly Starts Lagging

1. PC Randomly Starts Lagging - Similar Threads - Randomly Starts Lagging

2. PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown: Recently out of nowhere my windows 11 pc starts lagging out of nowhere , after several tries , it doesnt even let me log into windows and crashes and restarts. so I installed windows 10 and This problem seem to have solved but new problem arose , whole system lags randomly...
  3. PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown: Recently out of nowhere my windows 11 pc starts lagging out of nowhere , after several tries , it doesnt even let me log into windows and crashes and restarts. so I installed windows 10 and This problem seem to have solved but new problem arose , whole system lags randomly...
  4. Windows 10 randomly starts lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 randomly starts lagging: Hi, recently I have been experiencing an annoying issue with Windows. It seems whenever I play a game the OS starts lagging and the audio starts to lag/glitch. I have never experienced this issue before. With Assetto Corsa, the audio and OS starts lagging after 5 - 10 seconds...
  5. Windows 10 randomly starts lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 randomly starts lagging: Hi, recently I have been experiencing an annoying issue with Windows. It seems whenever I play a game the OS starts lagging and the audio starts to lag/glitch. I have never experienced this issue before. With Assetto Corsa, the audio and OS starts lagging after 5 - 10 seconds...
  6. Windows 10 randomly starts lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Pc lagging randomly

Pc lagging randomly: Randomly my PC would start lagging and it wouldn't stop until I shut it down and I have to shut it down through the power button because I can't click shut down. I am on Windows 10...
  8. Computer starts randomly lagging

Computer starts randomly lagging: Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to tell them because It was expensive. It is a pre-built computer. Here is the exact link with all the specs which has all the...
  9. Computer starts randomly lagging

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer starts randomly lagging: Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to tell them because It was expensive. It is a pre-built computer. Here is the exact link with all the specs which has all the...
  10. Windows Explorer randomly starts to lag and lags other programs until the pc or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer randomly starts to lag and lags other programs until the pc or...: i reinstalled windows last week due to file corruption and have been having an issue thats driving me crazy as despite trying a ton of fixes i cant seem to fix it. The windows explorer will somewhat randomly begin to lag and lag bleeds into certain other programs. It seems to...