Windows 10: PC randomly turns off completely and restarts.

Discus and support PC randomly turns off completely and restarts. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had this issue for the past month or longer. It's inconsistent as hell and ridiculously annoying. Basically at random points my pc will turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Codexter, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Codexter Win User

PC randomly turns off completely and restarts.

I've had this issue for the past month or longer. It's inconsistent as hell and ridiculously annoying. Basically at random points my pc will turn off completely and then restart for absolutely no reason whatsoever, even when loading into a game which is more common. Now I have tried every fix, re-installing windows 10 completely, checked my hardware for failing, PSU is still alive (fan works and rig starts up obviously), GPU is still very much alive, Temps are not the issue never exceeding 50c on cpu or 70c on gpu. Drivers have been updated completely also removed and fresh installed, So i can not for the life of me figure out what is wrong. I check my event viewer and this is what i get after every crash:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-03-17T11:02:25.474058900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1942</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Dexter</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>

</Event>

PC Specs are:

i7-4790 3.6GHz

16GB DDr3 G-Skill Snipers

250GB SSD 850 EVO

Asrock H97 fatality performance mobo

Gigabyte 970G1 SOC gpu

750 Smarth watt thermaltake psu

Closed loop liquid cooling for cpu

:)

Codexter, Mar 17, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC randomly turns off completely and restarts. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 17, 2019
  3. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Mar 17, 2019
  4. PC randomly turns off completely and restarts.

Laptop Randomly Restarts / Turns Off and comes on with No Wifi

Thanks for the reply

I dont get any errors when the laptop restarts, but it happens randomly and instantly everything shuts down with no warning. Its not like a restart because it doent say restart it just turn off. And sometimes switches ot self back on.

I dont think I have downloaded any applications to cause the problem.

Te problem happens randomly, i think most of the time when im using the internet or using cpu heavy applications. But i think it happens randomly.

I tried the troubleshootin and it doest have the wifi adapter when it randomly shuts down. It just shows ethernet and bluetooth adapter. When i restart it again wifi works.

Hassan786m, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

PC randomly turns off completely and restarts.

1. PC randomly turns off completely and restarts. - Similar Threads - randomly turns off

2. PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts: As the title indicates, my PC has randomly restarted ie screen black, mechanical light up keyboard and mouse go black and then restarts. There is no rhyme or reason, most of the time I am just browsing the internet i.e a fairly light load. About a month ago, my CPU was...
  3. PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts: As the title indicates, my PC has randomly restarted ie screen black, mechanical light up keyboard and mouse go black and then restarts. There is no rhyme or reason, most of the time I am just browsing the internet i.e a fairly light load. About a month ago, my CPU was...
  4. Pc randomly turning off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc randomly turning off: My pc randomly shut off and my bitdefender has been telling me that I have unwanted malware or something and it hasn’t usually been shutting off and if it did randomly it would come up on the put in my pin screen and everything is fine but this time it shut off it’s asking me...
  5. Pc randomly turning off

Pc randomly turning off: My pc randomly shut off and my bitdefender has been telling me that I have unwanted malware or something and it hasn’t usually been shutting off and if it did randomly it would come up on the put in my pin screen and everything is fine but this time it shut off it’s asking me...
  6. PC turning off completely even after restart?

PC turning off completely even after restart?: Hi, so i whenever i restart my PC it needs disk checking and i found out in task manager that the CPU runs for 1 second basically it starts fresh, normally the PC doesnt shut down completely right?And also it takes like 10-20 seconds till the blue screen with "Restarting"...
  7. PC turning off completely even after restart?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turning off completely even after restart?: Hi, so i whenever i restart my PC is needs disk checking and i found out in task manager that the CPU runs for 1 second, normally the PC doesnt shut down completely right?And also it takes like 10-20 seconds till the blue screen with "Restarting" disappears and the PC turns...
  8. PC turning off completely even after restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turning off completely even after restart?: Hi, so i whenever i restart my PC is needs disk checking and i found out in task manager that the CPU runs for 1 second, normally the PC doesnt shut down completely right?And also it takes like 10-20 seconds till the blue screen with "Restarting" disappears and the PC turns...
  9. Pc randomly Turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc randomly Turning off: Hello, since yesterday morning my pc has been stuttering, freezing and turning off not long after being turned on. I can’t even open a browser without it crashing. What is this? And how could I potentially resolve it? Thanks....
  10. How to completely TURN OFF automatic restarts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to completely TURN OFF automatic restarts?: I work for a small business whose server runs Windows 10 Pro. This is because the boss didn't want to cough up the money for Windows Server and does not want anything to do with Linux. Oh well. There are three VMs running on Oracle VirtualBox in the background continuously....