Windows 10: PC reboot itself

Discus and support PC reboot itself in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your reply and sorry for my simple english My pc keep randomly rebooting during the day. It no shows any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Formattai, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Formattai Win User

PC reboot itself

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your reply and sorry for my simple english

My pc keep randomly rebooting during the day. It no shows any error or signal and in device manager the only thing is Kernel Power 41, so is kinda generic. I've already reinstalled windows, runned some memtest with no error, updated the bios and all the driver of the pc,changed the psu and added a new CPU fan,tryed every combination of frequency of the ram in the BIOS but none of this has solved my problem.

My configuration is:
    CPU ryzen 5 2600
    MB gigabyte b450m ds3h
    GPU pulse rx570 8gb
    Ram G.skill 16gb 3200mhz
    PSU BeQuiet system power 9 600W

:)

Formattai, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jan 8, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 8, 2021
  4. PC reboot itself

Lenovo Erazer X315 desktop PC running WIN 10 Home will reboot on its own

Hi Manny,

This is a common concern when
    a PC is overheating, infected by a malware,
    installing Windows updates,
    conflict in system the files, hardware malfunction and such. For us to determine what's causing this concern, please provide information on the following:

• Your Windows 10 Version and OS build. (Start > Settings > System > About).
    • Is the reboot happening intermittently?
    • Tell us any troubleshooting steps that you've done for us to avoid repeating the steps.

For now, we suggest updating your drivers from your manufacturer's website and check if your system is tested with Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

All the best.

Roberto Ven, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

PC reboot itself

1. PC reboot itself - Similar Threads - reboot itself

2. Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?: So I have a HP Victor gaming laptop that I've had for about 5 months and never had any issues with it up until about a week or so ago. It just started to reboot out of nowhere whether im just browsing chrome or playing a game, anything really. And I've done quite literally...
  3. Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?: So I have a HP Victor gaming laptop that I've had for about 5 months and never had any issues with it up until about a week or so ago. It just started to reboot out of nowhere whether im just browsing chrome or playing a game, anything really. And I've done quite literally...
  4. My machine reboots itself and causes me problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My machine reboots itself and causes me problems.: My Windows 11 computer reboots itself and causes me great problems. I always have many windows open for monitoring auctions, running searches for car parts, etc,...... and every once in a while I will notice that my computer has rebooted and all my open windows are gone....
  5. My machine reboots itself and causes me problems.

My machine reboots itself and causes me problems.: My Windows 11 computer reboots itself and causes me great problems. I always have many windows open for monitoring auctions, running searches for car parts, etc,...... and every once in a while I will notice that my computer has rebooted and all my open windows are gone....
  6. Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself: I checked the event viewer and saw a few errors; Error - "The previous system shutdown at 01:49:00 on ‎24/‎01/‎2024 was unexpected." - which is weird because it didn't shutdown at 01:49Critical -"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be...
  7. Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself: I checked the event viewer and saw a few errors; Error - "The previous system shutdown at 01:49:00 on ‎24/‎01/‎2024 was unexpected." - which is weird because it didn't shutdown at 01:49Critical -"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be...
  8. Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself

9. My laptop isnt rebooting in itself after i factory reset it with cloud installation all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop isnt rebooting in itself after i factory reset it with cloud installation all...: Hi, I did a factory reset with cloud installation all files removed from all drives It is Windows 11. It started out fine and installed the new version 100 % but then nothing is happening. Normally when I reset my laptop it shuts off and then restarts. But its been 2 hrs but...
  10. My laptop isnt rebooting in itself after i factory reset it with cloud installation all...

My laptop isnt rebooting in itself after i factory reset it with cloud installation all...: Hi, I did a factory reset with cloud installation all files removed from all drives It is Windows 11. It started out fine and installed the new version 100 % but then nothing is happening. Normally when I reset my laptop it shuts off and then restarts. But its been 2 hrs but...