Windows 10: PC reboot loop unless I do an automatic repair on every restart.

Discus and support PC reboot loop unless I do an automatic repair on every restart. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is a problem that has just started happening out of nowhere, and it seems to fix itself after it attempts to repair from advanced options. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RealTelefission, Mar 2, 2021.

1. PC reboot loop unless I do an automatic repair on every restart.

This is a problem that has just started happening out of nowhere, and it seems to fix itself after it attempts to repair from advanced options.

I've tried checking my system health and what not for any issues, nothing looks to be corrupted or has any damaged files.

My PC runs fine, no indication whatsoever that it has any issues.

:)

RealTelefission, Mar 2, 2021

2. Automatic repair loop

So I have a year old ASUS laptop. Yesterday it entered the automatic repair loop and now I can't get it out. I have tried a number of fixes. Firstly I tried doing the followings command

• bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /Fixboot
    followed by chkdsk but nothing seems to happened

Then I did a system restore which seemed to fix it for a while but then it rebooted to the repair loop. Finally I reset the PC and reinstalled windows. Again this worked for a while and then rebooted to the repair loop. I am stuck and any help would
    be appreciated.

Andrew EvansSD, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Mar 2, 2021
  4. PC reboot loop unless I do an automatic repair on every restart.

Windows 10 automatic repair fail loop

Hi,

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help resolve the issue.

I suggest that you perform Power Drain which will help you skip the reboot loop and help you access the PC. To perform Power Drain, refer to the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

PC reboot loop unless I do an automatic repair on every restart.

1. PC reboot loop unless I do an automatic repair on every restart. - Similar Threads - reboot loop unless

2. How do i fix automatic repair loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix automatic repair loop?: I just upgraded my ram in my computer and when i booted it its started the automatic repair loop so i need help fixing that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-automatic-repair-loop/80d4aa7b-fe62-4828-ba20-c3968aa44d95
  3. Automatic repair loop, pc rest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair loop, pc rest: Hi I have been stuck in an automatic repair loop for about 2 days, I’ve tried all the options and it either doesn’t work or sends me back to the automatic repair. I have windows 10 already installed and I still have the disk and key but my pc doesn’t have a disk drive I...
  4. Automatic repair loop, pc rest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair loop, pc rest: Hi I have been stuck in an automatic repair loop for about 2 days, I’ve tried all the options and it either doesn’t work or sends me back to the automatic repair. I have windows 10 already installed and I still have the disk and key but my pc doesn’t have a disk drive I...
  5. Automatic repair loop, pc rest

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. New PC in automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC in automatic repair loop: Hey, everyone! I turned on a brand-new PC with Win10 pre-installed, and it didn't boot. Instead, it got stuck in an automatic repair loop. I've tried all of the solutions proposed in the community to no avail. My last resort is to reinstall Windows, but I'm afraid I might...
  7. PC stuck in automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck in automatic repair loop: Hello, I moved my PC recently and I forget to turn of the computer before unplugging it so I our it up stairs and once I plugged it tried to use the automatic repair but it popped up a blue screen saying my PC didn't start up correctly. I've tried nearly everything except...
  8. Automatic Repair Loop, but only when restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Repair Loop, but only when restarting: So I have a problem. My computer has been pretty finicky for years, but last night I've had to deal with a particularly annoying issue. My computer crashed out of the blue (this is normal behaviour for it) so I decided I would just restart it. However since then, whenever...
  9. PC stuck in automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC stuck in automatic repair loop: Hello, I wanted to format my SD Card (it is 4 partitions in EXT4), so opened diskmgmt and tried to delete all sd partitions. My PC's keyboard frozen, so i restarted pc and it keep restarting until I realized it is in boot loop, and i power off and power on pc. And windows...
  10. Stuck in automatic repair /diagnosing PC reboot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in automatic repair /diagnosing PC reboot loop: Currently I am stuck in this automatic repair /diagnosing PC loop. I force shutdown my lenovo G480 laptop as it was unable to get out of sleep mode and this happened. Currently every option I am given results in the same loop happening over or it just doesn't work. I cannot...