Windows 10: PC reboot when attempting to connect to zoom meeting

Discus and support PC reboot when attempting to connect to zoom meeting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a laptop which just received Windows 10 version 2004 update on Friday 10/23/2020 Now when attempting to join a meeting in Zoom the PC will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeffreyStine, Oct 26, 2020.

1. PC reboot when attempting to connect to zoom meeting

I have a laptop which just received Windows 10 version 2004 update on Friday 10/23/2020 Now when attempting to join a meeting in Zoom the PC will crash and create a dump then reboot. Running zoom works...crashing occurs when an attempt is made to connect to a meeting. Not sure if this is related but there are several warnings in the System log appearing under the DistributedCOM source.
    "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user LXXXXX\LXXXXX SID S-1-5-21-2424949286-1515249909-2122594652-1001 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

I have already tried changing the permissions under the PerAppRuntiomeBroker in Component Services Computers-DCOM Config-PerAppRuntimeBroker Security Tab - Launch and Activation Permissions to allow my user Local launch and Activation but that did not solve my problem. Any guidance would be fantastic.

:)

JeffreyStine, Oct 26, 2020
  2. [Matador] Win User

Re CAMERA connect for Zoom meetings

How do I get the ZOOM app onto the Privacy access list?

I'm not having any luck in unblocking the camera. I can see and hear at Zoom meetings, but not seen.

Does Zoom need Windows permission? How do you fix that? I'm not very good at tech mazes; maybe someone

can walk me through that needed connection? Why is Zoom omitted from the apps with access list?

Error number received at clicking the video sign to join: #OxA00F4244 [no connection)

Checked re App Access which are all marked ON, but no Zoom app listed.

Suggestions, recommendations?

[Matador], Oct 26, 2020
  3. PierreJF Win User
    Sound not working after Zoom meeting through Bluetooth

I have an issue where my music does not play through Bluetooth headphones after a Zoom meeting. It was working perfectly fine before, but after my Zoom meeting (which I listened to and participated in using my Bluetooth headphones, the sound didn't work.
    The song was playing, but there was no sound through my headphones. This is a recurring problem after Zoom meetings.

Any suggestions?

PierreJF, Oct 26, 2020
  4. encom45 Win User

PC reboot when attempting to connect to zoom meeting

Zoom meeting - terminal session rdp - no video

hello, hope someone can assist as Zoom support did not.
    i have end user that has local workstation Windows 10, logs into server via terminal session setup RDP connection saved, then runs a test zoom meeting and no video cam detected . the RDP connection i set to carry over the devices from the local machine to server. however zoom camera does not work from the local Hd 720p cam.

encom45, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

PC reboot when attempting to connect to zoom meeting

1. PC reboot when attempting to connect to zoom meeting - Similar Threads - reboot attempting connect

2. Lenovo Legion T5 reboots during Zoom meetings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Legion T5 reboots during Zoom meetings: Good evening, My desktop "Lenovo_FM_Legion T5 28IMB05" reboots on a during church zoom meetings. Is there a way to troubleshoot what is happening?Thanks,...
  3. Zoom Meeting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Zoom Meeting: I am trying to have a Zoom Meeting - first time doing this - I can see and hear the other person BUT they cannot see or hear me - What do I need to do to get that to work?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-meeting/be2d3e0d-f98d-4d2a-b32c-e394da71d99b
  4. Zoom meetings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zoom meetings: Can anyone give advice on how to download and use Zoom on my new laptop which uses Microsoft Windows 10s - I do not want to delete the 10s programme - but want to be able to have the Zoom meetings with my family that were available on my old laptop - thanks in advance...
  5. Zoom meetings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Zoom meetings: I am unable to participate with video on a Zoom meeting. I can get a still photo but it has a white camera with a slash through it. But, no video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-meetings/4bf723b1-f0e3-4ee9-be31-95591cd15472
  6. Zoom video meeting?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Zoom video meeting?: Is there a specific app for Microsoft surface pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-video-meeting/e6829a7b-ebfb-419d-95dd-b4ed6ec816a4
  7. download zoom meetings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download zoom meetings: I have tried to download zoom through microsoft edge that is installed , but the only option is zoom rooms. I need zoom mtgs. how do i download the zoom app for meetings and conferences? I have tried to go through google play like the pop up says but i couldn't download...
  8. Camera Zoom Meetings

Camera Zoom Meetings: When in a zoom meeting, my picture is upside down. How do I change the picture to be right side up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-zoom-meetings/fa329f79-8a49-48df-ae58-aa1f15eca181
  9. Zoom meetings

Zoom meetings: Good morning! I have to use zoom meetings now for work and I can't download it on my Dell laptop that runs windows 10 S mode. Is there any way you can add this app to the Microsoft Store????? I don't want to lose security with switching out of S mode. PLEASE HELP!!!!!...
  10. Zoom Meeting App

Zoom Meeting App: In the wake of everything shutting in-person meetings down for the pandemic, I'm relying more and more on Zoom meetings. I would like to be able to access them from my personal laptop, which I've left in 10S because I don't use it that much for anything beyond email....