Windows 10: PC reboot when i start a game

Discus and support PC reboot when i start a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys! (before u start to read I just wanna tell you that I'm not a technical PC guy, I just like to play games, but I don't understand that much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fr3iRr, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Fr3iRr Win User

PC reboot when i start a game

Hey guys! (before u start to read I just wanna tell you that I'm not a technical PC guy, I just like to play games, but I don't understand that much about hardware and PC stuff, be kind Happy )

So in the last few days, my computer just started to reboot while I was gaming, I usually play Rainbow Six Siege and this never happened before. Today and yesterday I barely start the game and my PC crash(I tried with other game and happen the same).

What happens is, I'm playing, then my screen crash for like 2 secs and then black screen, I hear my fans start to rotate very fast for like 3 secs and then my computer restart.

I've already updated my Drivers, windows, did the FunMark test and Prime95, and no errors. Only crashed when I tried the afterburner MSI test, the combustor MSI (after I did the teste I just uninstalled afterburner cause I saw some forums people talking that afterburner could cause some errors).

Don't know what to do anymore, I'm kinda lost so if you guys can help me I appreciate your time!

Thanks

PC specs:

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A99X EVO R2.0

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Vishera 32nm Technology

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    Storage: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZRZ-00HTKB0

RAM: 8.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Bios version: 2501

:)

Fr3iRr, Mar 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 rebooting during gaming

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• Is the issue occurring with a particular game or with all games?

• Is the game compatible with Windows 10?

• Are you trying to play online games?

I would suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it works fine:

Follow the steps:

• Right click on start menu and tap on device manager.

• Select display adapters from the list and hit enter.

• Right click on the display adapters and select update.

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Mar 31, 2020
  4. PC reboot when i start a game

pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

PC reboot when i start a game

1. PC reboot when i start a game - Similar Threads - reboot start game

2. PC froze then reboot when playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC froze then reboot when playing a game: So I had this issue before, and the solution I was given was to run DDU to remove my current Nvidia drivers, I did that it was working great for a little over a week now but Today I've been getting random reboots when playing a game. My specs are as follows:GPU: RTX 4090CPU:...
  3. PC REBOOTING WHEN GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC REBOOTING WHEN GAMING: Good evening. A couple of months ago my computer started rebooting after some time gaming . I spent some time away from it and came back a couple of days ago with the intent of fixing it. I'm increasingly convinced it's a power suply issue, but would some reaffirmation....
  4. PC REBOOTING WHEN GAMING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC REBOOTING WHEN GAMING: Good evening. A couple of months ago my computer started rebooting after some time gaming . I spent some time away from it and came back a couple of days ago with the intent of fixing it. I'm increasingly convinced it's a power suply issue, but would some reaffirmation....
  5. Pc Rebooting When Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Rebooting When Gaming: Good evening. A couple of months ago my pc started to reboot after some time gaming. I didn't used it for a while and now i'm trying to fix it. This is what the XML view of the event in event viewer says. I'm increasingly convinced it has to do with the power-supply, but...
  6. Pc Rebooting When Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Rebooting When Gaming: Good evening. A couple of months ago my pc started to reboot after some time gaming. I didn't used it for a while and now i'm trying to fix it. This is what the XML view of the event in event viewer says. I'm increasingly convinced it has to do with the power-supply, but...
  7. PC reboots itself when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC reboots itself when gaming: My pc keeps restarting whenever I play a game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-reboots-itself-when-gaming/da07ca43-b8fb-4e94-a2dc-dfb5ff24fa6e
  8. New Gaming PC reboots when playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Gaming PC reboots when playing game: Hi I recently built my own gaming rig only to find out that it is not exactly working as I intended. When my friend gifted me the game Rust on Steam I was so excited to play when right before I load in my screen goes back and I'm at the sign before I can see my desktop. It...
  9. PC reboot when i start a game

in Windows 10 Support
    PC reboot when i start a game: Hey guys! (before u start to read I just wanna tell you that I'm not a technical PC guy, I just like to play games, but I don't understand that much about hardware and PC stuff, be kind Happy ) So in the last few days, my computer just started to reboot while I was gaming,...
  10. Pc reboots when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc reboots when gaming: So it started 3 days ago when i was playing dota then about 40 mins into the game the screen turned black then the next second the windows logo shows up then after that it would just continue to reboot on its own on like a reboot loop until i turn the pc off my self the power...