Windows 10: PC rebooted and it suddenly changed

Discus and support PC rebooted and it suddenly changed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sorry, I don’t know how to title this and how to explain it, but here’s what happened. I forgot to plug in my laptop while working so it suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ptrjnsntg, Oct 16, 2020.

1. ptrjnsntg Win User

PC rebooted and it suddenly changed

Sorry, I don’t know how to title this and how to explain it, but here’s what happened.

I forgot to plug in my laptop while working so it suddenly turned off when it ran out of battery. As I turned it back on, as I am signing in on my user account the pin and password stuff to unlock the pc, I noticed that my profile picture was set back to the default photo. After that, there was a message that is something lke getting windows ready or setting it up I can’t clearly remember which do not usually show up when I’m opening my laptop. So when it finally opened, everything was like set back to default, the desktop has the default wallpaper and only the default app icons the shortcuts I had was gone, then I checked the files. They were empty, the documents, downloads, pictures, videos, everything seems to be gone. Luckily I tried searching for the files on the search bar and they showed up, it seems like all of them moved to Local Disk C:/Users/my account. How do I change it back?

:)

ptrjnsntg, Oct 16, 2020

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 16, 2020
  4. ineuw Win User

How to Change the Group by View of a Folder in Windows 10 tutorial

The delay to reply was unrelated to this topic. I was preparing to add a disc drive. The preferred view is working now, and here is the step by step list of what I did, and it includes an additional step at the end. I also rebooted after each step.

1. Reset all views to default.
    2. Rebooted.
    3. Changed the "My Pc" view to Details and set the "Group By" to [None]. But left everything else at default.
    4. Rebooted.
    5. "My Pc" view retained the selected setting, alphabetically ordered "Details" without grouping.
    6. Switched to Drive C:\, set it to "Details" and changed the column order to "Name, Size Type and Date". Grouping is available but not applied by the default settings.
    7. Rebooted.
    8. "My Pc" lost the settings, reverted to "Tile" and "Group by" was active again.
    9. Reconfigured to "Details" and set the "Group By" to [None].
    10. Rebooted.
    11. "My Pc" view retained the selected settings. Alphabetically ordered "Details" without grouping.

ineuw, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. PC rebooted and it suddenly changed - Similar Threads - rebooted suddenly changed

2. Sudden PC reboot with a krrr sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden PC reboot with a krrr sound: i was playing gta 5 and suddenly this happenedfound this in event viewer The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xffffbe0546eec4c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8013f43bb05, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in:...
  3. Sudden PC reboot with a krrr sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden PC reboot with a krrr sound: i was playing gta 5 and suddenly this happenedfound this in event viewer The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xffffbe0546eec4c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8013f43bb05, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in:...
  4. Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?: My PC started rebooting recently and its has happened 2 times in the past week but not sure what is causing it, so if someone can help me by taking a look at the crash log and let me know it would be of help. Thank youLet me know what i need to share in the logs and where to...
  5. Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?: My PC started rebooting recently and its has happened 2 times in the past week but not sure what is causing it, so if someone can help me by taking a look at the crash log and let me know it would be of help. Thank youLet me know what i need to share in the logs and where to...
  6. Why is my Pc suddenly rebooting?

7. PC Suddenly froze and rebooted

PC Suddenly froze and rebooted: Hello.My PC randomly froze up and rebooted itself without showing a BSOD, in which I'm sure it has one but didn't just pop out on screen. It happened when I was gaming. I checked the event viewer and it has a log that my PC recovered from a bugcheck and created a dmp...
  8. PC Suddenly froze and rebooted

PC Suddenly froze and rebooted: Hello.My PC randomly froze up and rebooted itself without showing a BSOD, in which I'm sure it has one but didn't just pop out on screen. It happened when I was gaming. I checked the event viewer and it has a log that my PC recovered from a bugcheck and created a dmp...
  9. PC Suddenly froze and rebooted

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. sudden reboot

sudden reboot: Hi everyone Today I was using my PC and it suddenly rebooted with no error whatsoever when I checked the events it had event 41 (only 2 were unknown cause, the others was me shutting down the PC improperly) and I have no idea what could have caused it Immediately after the...