Windows 10: PC Rebooting right after boot. 0x00000116

Discus and support PC Rebooting right after boot. 0x00000116 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have encountered a problem where my PC reboots right after I log into windows 1 of 2 times i start it, the boot also takes longer than normal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StianM1, Jun 23, 2020.

1. StianM1 Win User

PC Rebooting right after boot. 0x00000116

Hi,

I have encountered a problem where my PC reboots right after I log into windows 1 of 2 times i start it, the boot also takes longer than normal. The PC screen also flickers abit, but this is only happening 1 out of 5 times right after boot. It also blinks a few times giving the sound that it looses contact with something? Im guessing the gpu, but I know that isnt the issue.

I found this in the event viewer: The computer restart after bug check. The Bug check was:0x00000116 0xffff800e3a695010, 0xfffff80267322610, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000000000000d.

I have tried to switch:

Graphics Card, Harddrive and RAM. And reinstalled windows. The same problems occur.

I have also tried to clean out the Prefetch folder and this seemed to help a few reboots but then the problem returned.

I have two PC's where the other one works perfectly with the same setup.

The support line told me it could be the processor which is my next step, but the weird thing is that after boot "holds on", everything works fine until the next time I try to boot.

Any ideas? :

:)

StianM1, Jun 23, 2020

2. Reboot loop on cold boots in the morning.

I mean possibly a bad write of the first bios. What happens in the dual bios is if the first bios fails to load, it cycles like 3-5 times trying to boot said bios chip. When it fails to load that correctly, the second chip automatically kicks in and you can boot.

I suggest trying a flash to the latest bios using a thumbdrive formated in fat32 with the bios file on it. reboot the PC and hit the Home key to get into the flash utility, then search for the bios and load it.

sneekypeet, Jun 23, 2020
  3. reboot and select property boot device

You need to set your main Harddrive which has your Operating System on as the first harddrive to boot, if have more than one harddrive.

open Bios
    boot priority
    Select the OS harddrive as first boot drive , If not sure switch between them
    Set correct time and date if wrong
    Save and reboot

If not sure on steps , give the Make and model number of motherboard and can assist you.

Hopefully no damage to the HDD

SnakeDoctor, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. PC Rebooting right after boot. 0x00000116 - Similar Threads - Rebooting right boot

2. Frequent 0x00000116 Error and reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent 0x00000116 Error and reboot: I have been experiencing a recurring issue where my computer reboots with a "0x00000116" bugcheck error while gaming, even at low system load. This error results in a sudden reboot. After checking the reliability history this was what I got:Problem: Windows stopped...
  3. Frequent 0x00000116 Error and reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent 0x00000116 Error and reboot: I have been experiencing a recurring issue where my computer reboots with a "0x00000116" bugcheck error while gaming, even at low system load. This error results in a sudden reboot. After checking the reliability history this was what I got:Problem: Windows stopped...
  4. Frequent 0x00000116 Error and reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bugcheck: 0x00000116 Causes PC To Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bugcheck: 0x00000116 Causes PC To Reboot: Hi,My Computer has been freezing then it reboots after a short time. From Event Viewer it is saying its caused by 0x00000116Computer is pretty new only a couple of weeks old, I have the latest drivers from my graphics card and the crash happens randomly sometimes when the...
  6. Bugcheck: 0x00000116 Causes PC To Reboot

Bugcheck: 0x00000116 Causes PC To Reboot: Hi,My Computer has been freezing then it reboots after a short time. From Event Viewer it is saying its caused by 0x00000116Computer is pretty new only a couple of weeks old, I have the latest drivers from my graphics card and the crash happens randomly sometimes when the...
  7. Bugcheck: 0x00000116 Causes PC To Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC boot loop after reboot

PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that the PC boot logo spun for a few minutes, froze and then rebooted and did the same thing and you don't want to get out of that boot cycle.Any help would be appreciated....
  9. PC boot loop after reboot

PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, the PC boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze, and then rebooted and did the same. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. PC boot loop after reboot

PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, the PC boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze, and then rebooted and did the same. Any help would be appreciated....
Tags: