Windows 10: PC rebooting without BSOD or dumping memory

Discus and support PC rebooting without BSOD or dumping memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i don't know if this is the right subsection, since my problem is the PC shutting down and rebooting, but without showing any BSOD. If it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by erollo, May 23, 2020.

1. erollo Win User

PC rebooting without BSOD or dumping memory

Hello, i don't know if this is the right subsection, since my problem is the PC shutting down and rebooting, but without showing any BSOD. If it's not kindly move it to a more appropriate one please.

I set the options for the memory dump as shown in the sticky thread, but there is nothing in the "minidump" folder, and it reboots automatically even if the option is unchecked.

As of now the creashes have occurred 4 times, all while playing a game. The strange thing is, two of those occurred while I had just quit the game: the desktop showed for a second, then it rebooted.

My Win 10 version is 1903, installed last september. I played this game previously and a number of others since then, but it never crashed. After a pause of 2 months, I played it again and the crashes started. All drivers are the same as before.

One thing to mention is I've overclocked my DRAM, I tested it with MemTest (not MemTest86+) with 200% coverage per thread and reported no error.

I'm afraid this could be hardware-related, since the pc doesn't even have a BSOD or time to make a 256KB dump. Other than the V2 collected logs, i've included a Speccy report.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

erollo, May 23, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, May 23, 2020
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, May 23, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

PC reboots regularly with no warning - no BSOD

Still the question remains why driver verifier was used, a dump or a few dumps contain in most cases enough for a different step than driver verifier.

If you indeed had multiple BSOD crashes, I would want you to upload a zip from the DM Log Collector so the dumps can be analyzed, a single dump is than inappropriate to suggest something properly.

Thema:

1. PC rebooting without BSOD or dumping memory - Similar Threads - rebooting without BSOD

2. BSOD / Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD / Memory Dump: The issue is:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except.Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory.I have been having on and off crashing with this error as well...
  3. BSOD / Memory Dump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD / Memory Dump: The issue is:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except.Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory.I have been having on and off crashing with this error as well...
  4. BSOD / Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD - memory dump analysis

BSOD - memory dump analysis: I've been getting BSOD, for a few times now in the last few months. The debugging showed same issue every time. Can someone help me figure out the exact root cause of the issue ?Debugging Details: ------------------ KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.Sec Value: 3 Key :...
  6. BSOD - memory dump analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - memory dump analysis: I've been getting BSOD, for a few times now in the last few months. The debugging showed same issue every time. Can someone help me figure out the exact root cause of the issue ?Debugging Details: ------------------ KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.Sec Value: 3 Key :...
  7. BSOD - memory dump analysis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSOD with Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD with Memory Dump: I honestly have no idea how to read this, can anyone give me some pointers? Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.1 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [c:\windows\minidump\071920-13656-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File:...
  9. BSOD Memory Dump

BSOD Memory Dump: Just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 i5, 128GB SSD, 8GB RAM. I'm receiving BSOD's even after re-installing the OS Windows 10 Pro x64. I collected the dump file and need confirmation as the error appears to be hardware Memory related. Please analyse and advise. Link to DMP...
  10. Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files: Hello, I have been fighting with my computer for about four weeks now, and I am not getting anywhere. In a nutshell, my computer started to randomly shut down and seldom reboot. There are no specific patterns I notice, except that when I try to find out what's going on the...