Windows 10: PC reboots a couple of minutes into playing any steam game

Discus and support PC reboots a couple of minutes into playing any steam game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My pc keeps rebooting every time I play any of the steam games Ive recently installed- Assetto Corsa and American Truck simulator. No error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Axon Alex, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Axon Alex Win User

PC reboots a couple of minutes into playing any steam game

Hi,

My pc keeps rebooting every time I play any of the steam games Ive recently installed- Assetto Corsa and American Truck simulator. No error message shows up and it just restarts the whole system

I've disabled the 'Automatically restart' in the advanced power options and it still reboots without any error message or warning

Updated drivers and windows and the issue still persists

The first time this happened, the pc rebooted on a loop every time after the signing in screen and reaching the desktop. Did a system restore and now the rebooting is just limited to when I start playing

This ONLY happens with steam games. Ive tried to run heavy load software like After effects and Photoshop and there's no problem.

:)

Axon Alex, Nov 19, 2020

2. PC reboots randomly when playing games in steam

Hello,

So for the past month my PC has just reboots, it reboots when I play games on steam mainly. But its not because its overheating, because I check my AMD OverDrive and the temps are fine. I also unchecked "Automatically restart" under system failure, but it
    still does it.

Also I did a SFC and nothing was wrong, and a DISM which didn't help at all. Neither does View event logs, but I don't know what it means.

The screens suddenly turn black and there's a glitching noise in the speaker.. Not sure why I have tried anything I can, I appreciate the help

PC Reboots, no warnings- Original Title

BradleyMcSheffrey, Nov 19, 2020
  3. PC reboots randomly when playing games in steam

Hi Bradley,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

2. Does the issue occur when you play offline games as well?

3. Does the issue arise when you launch normal desktop applications?

For now, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the steam application and check if the issue replicates. Also try to play games on other online sites and check

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 19, 2020
  4. PC reboots a couple of minutes into playing any steam game

Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

PC reboots a couple of minutes into playing any steam game

1. PC reboots a couple of minutes into playing any steam game - Similar Threads - reboots couple minutes

2. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots while playing games: My speakers make a crackling sound and then the computer restarts by itself. This only happens while gaming.I've- checked for overheating- turned off Automatic Restart- checked RAM- changed power optionsI've also taken it twice to a repair shop. This is what they did:-...
  3. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots while playing games: My speakers make a crackling sound and then the computer restarts by itself. This only happens while gaming.I've- checked for overheating- turned off Automatic Restart- checked RAM- changed power optionsI've also taken it twice to a repair shop. This is what they did:-...
  4. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer freezing after a couple minutes while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing after a couple minutes while playing games.: I've had this problem for a while now where I would be playing a game such as CS:GO or Destiny 2 or even just minecraft and had issues with the computer screen freezing and the audio also freezing after around 10 seconds of the screen freezing. When I check the temp of my...
  6. Computer freezing after a couple minutes while playing games.

Computer freezing after a couple minutes while playing games.: I've had this problem for a while now where I would be playing a game such as CS:GO or Destiny 2 or even just minecraft and had issues with the computer screen freezing and the audio also freezing after around 10 seconds of the screen freezing. When I check the temp of my...
  7. PC works fine until I close a steam game, a couple of minutes later it restarts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC works fine until I close a steam game, a couple of minutes later it restarts.: My PC is working fine, all drivers up to date. It never misses a beat, it plays any game in steam. But when I exit steam a short while later the PC restarts, not a crash it's just as if I have pushed the soft restart button, I don't get a blue screen or any error messages. It...
  8. PC works fine until I close a steam game, a couple of minutes later it restarts.

PC works fine until I close a steam game, a couple of minutes later it restarts.: My PC is working fine, all drivers up to date. It never misses a beat, it plays any game in steam. But when I exit steam a short while later the PC restarts, not a crash it's just as if I have pushed the soft restart button, I don't get a blue screen or any error messages. It...
  9. PC works fine until I close a steam game, a couple of minutes later it restarts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. PC shutting down and rebooting when playing steam games. HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting down and rebooting when playing steam games. HELP!: Playing steam games makes my pc shut down and restart. specs: Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB Device ID 5D471E6E-387A-4F04-97E2-EA31109528B4 Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA967 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...