Windows 10: PC reboots at random times while playing games

Discus and support PC reboots at random times while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my computer keeps on rebooting at random times while playing games specifically dota 2. I have already conducted GPU and CPU stress tests using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by grpb23, Jun 4, 2020.

1. grpb23 Win User

PC reboots at random times while playing games

Hi, my computer keeps on rebooting at random times while playing games specifically dota 2. I have already conducted GPU and CPU stress tests using CINEBENCH, CPU-Z, FURMARK, Heaven Benchmark and could not replicate the reboot. I'm now looking into Windows Event viewer to determine what is causing my PC to shutdown. I've also tried checking %systemroot%\minidump.dmp, unfortunately the folder is empty. Does anyone know how to read the codes?

PC reboots at random times while playing games 34b8068f-2929-4ae9-97a6-4295e7da5cc7?upload=true.png

I have the following specs:

I7 - 8700

GTX 1080

2400 GSkill 2x8gb

MX Crucial 250gb ssd

seagate baracudda 500gb

:)

grpb23, Jun 4, 2020

2. Random Reboots

I've had, as the title suggests, random reboots for the length of the time since I've built my computer (2 years roughly) and they're completely inexplicable.

It happens under no load, high load, watching movies, listening to music, playing games, browsing the web, sitting by itself in the room when the my sleeping monitor is even saying WTF?!

There aren't any Events to view other than the usual 0xC*D event when the service just shrugs at me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe someone has had the same problem before and it was just a loose molex connection? I'm baffled.

xstayxtruex, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Draken Win User
    Reboots/Crashes while Gaming

Hello,

I have random crashes while playing games. Its the same problem as in this thread Random-ish reboots

So basically when playing a game the PC randomly crashes into a reboot. This occurs completely random and without warning.

As suggested in the linked thread I disabled fast startup, which sadly didnt fix the problem.

I also monitored my temperatures which are fine. A workaround that seems to be stable is lowering my graphics settings to very low.

I attached my V2 Logs after a Crash. Windows Version is 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)

Draken, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Windows random reboot

Hi jayewaah,

There are several reasons that computers do a random reboot such as overheating, third-party programs running on the background that is causing conflicts on the system or corrupted system files.

I'd like to know the following details so I can provide the appropriate troubleshooting steps to help resolve this concern:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • What antivirus program are you using?
    • Was your device overheating the moment you play games?
    • In which instance does the reboot occurs besides when playing games?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus program installed on your device?
    • Do you have any third-party programs installed recently?

For initial troubleshooting, kindly follow these steps:

• Check if there are available updates for your device by clicking on the
      Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security
      > Windows Update > Check for updates.
    • Verify if there are drivers that are missing or needs update. follow the steps on
      Update drivers in Windows 10 article.
    • Check if there are blockages inside your device's components that may lead to overheating. (cooling fan)
    • Perform a clean boot on your device to isolate the issue. This will determine if there are third-party
      applications that is causing conflict on your system. This will also help you check if the performance will improve and if the reboot instances will stop.

Update us with the results.

Marie Ave, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. PC reboots at random times while playing games - Similar Threads - reboots random times

2. Windows randomly reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly reboots while playing games: Hello, I've been having this issue for a few months now, where about 30 minutes after playing any video game, my computer screen shuts off, the fan whirrs, and my computer restarts. I've checked eventviewer, which gives me the following error:The computer has rebooted from a...
  3. Windows randomly reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly reboots while playing games: Hello, I've been having this issue for a few months now, where about 30 minutes after playing any video game, my computer screen shuts off, the fan whirrs, and my computer restarts. I've checked eventviewer, which gives me the following error:The computer has rebooted from a...
  4. PC reboots while playing games

PC reboots while playing games: My speakers make a crackling sound and then the computer restarts by itself. This only happens while gaming.I've- checked for overheating- turned off Automatic Restart- checked RAM- changed power optionsI've also taken it twice to a repair shop. This is what they did:-...
  5. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots while playing games: My speakers make a crackling sound and then the computer restarts by itself. This only happens while gaming.I've- checked for overheating- turned off Automatic Restart- checked RAM- changed power optionsI've also taken it twice to a repair shop. This is what they did:-...
  6. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Rebooting while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rebooting while playing games: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  8. Rebooting while playing games

Rebooting while playing games: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  9. PC reboots while playing games

PC reboots while playing games: Everytime I'm playing a game my pc will simply reboot after a short amount of time. I have a brand new pc that contains the following specs: MSI VENTUS GTX 1660ti XS OC GPU, Intel i5 10400f CPU, 2x8 GB RAM HYPERX FURY 2666mhz CL16, 2tb HDD Seagate Barracuda, and a 250gb SSD...
  10. My PC randomly reboots while playing video games

My PC randomly reboots while playing video games: Its been doing this for a while until the last few months. I was fine for all this time until this year rolled around. Now its doing it again with Hitman 2 despite me unchecking the 'automatic restart' box under advanced settings. I think this is the 'event' that occurred...