Windows 10: PC Reboots every night?

Discus and support PC Reboots every night? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A computer on our group reboots every night. The group policy is set to disable automatic updates (also I don't think there are nightly updates).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Logan Albrecht, Sep 25, 2019.

1. PC Reboots every night?

A computer on our group reboots every night.

The group policy is set to disable automatic updates (also I don't think there are nightly updates).

There isn't anything in the power settings set to reboot or anything, no scheduled task I can find.
    It is set to not go to sleep, only to turn the screen off.

How can I stop the computer from rebooting nightly? Any ideas?

:)

Logan Albrecht, Sep 25, 2019

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Sep 25, 2019
  4. wp78de Win User

PC Reboots every night?

Windows updates forcibly rebooting my PC at night

I suggest to check the

1. Task Scheduler to disable auto-restart after installing updates:
      • Go to Task Scheduler Library/Microsoft/Windows/Update Orchestrator
      • disable the task named Reboot.

PC Reboots every night? ufj8w.png

1. Another good place to check is the Group Policy Editor:
      • Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update.. and the settings of:
      • No auto restart with loggedon users for scheduled automatic updates installations: Enabled
    2. There is also a place in Windows 10 new settings:
      • search Change Active Hours
      • click on Restart Options and disable Restart

wp78de, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

PC Reboots every night?

1. PC Reboots every night? - Similar Threads - Reboots every night

2. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  3. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  4. Windows reboots every night, unable to track/disable this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows reboots every night, unable to track/disable this: Hello,I've read similar posts but have yet to find the source causing my computer to reboot every single night without fail unless I put it in sleep mode as a test. This has been happening for, I believe, the past couple of months now, after years of having no issues leaving...
  5. PC reboots and possibly BSOD nightly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots and possibly BSOD nightly: I am trying to nail down what is causing this. This is a domain computer with a custom company image, so traditional troubleshooting and workarounds are more difficult. After combing the event viewer and looking through logs I've been led to the minidump file which is as...
  6. PC reboots and possibly BSOD nightly

PC reboots and possibly BSOD nightly: I am trying to nail down what is causing this. This is a domain computer with a custom company image, so traditional troubleshooting and workarounds are more difficult. After combing the event viewer and looking through logs I've been led to the minidump file which is as...
  7. Windows 10 Rebooting Every Night

Windows 10 Rebooting Every Night: Hello, I am hoping someone can help me detect why my version of Windows 10 is rebooting every night and discern how to stop it. It is very frustrating! Some information about my system:Windows SpecificationsEdition: Windows 10 ProVersion: 1909Installed on: 2019-11-09OS Build:...
  8. PC randomly reboots/crashes during the night - every night

in Windows 10 Support
    PC randomly reboots/crashes during the night - every night: Hello all, unsure where to post this so hopefully it gets moved to the right place. I've recently upgraded my cpu and memory and every morning when I wake up, my pc has rebooted. I've followed the steps to create a zip file as requested. Winver: OS Build 19041.572 166743
  9. Rebooting Every Night

Rebooting Every Night: My computer has been rebooting every night. Following error in the event logs "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8036c771358. A dump was saved in:...
  10. W10 Updates Not Installing - Reboots Every Night

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Updates Not Installing - Reboots Every Night: That's about it. Tried reinstalling them, rebooting now, etc., nothing helps. From update history: [img] [img] 106684

Users found this page by searching for:

1. school computer reboots every night at 11:00

2. desktop reboots every night

3. stop nightly reboots windows 10

4. computer reboots at night,
  5. after 1909 update computer reboots every night,
  6. windows 10 pc reboots every day 4:30 am