Windows 10: PC reboots unexpectedly whenever I power on any vm on vmware workstation pro

Discus and support PC reboots unexpectedly whenever I power on any vm on vmware workstation pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently bought HP laptop with i7 processor and window 11.I have installed Vmware workstation Pro but whenever i try to power on any virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Loveneet, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Loveneet Win User

PC reboots unexpectedly whenever I power on any vm on vmware workstation pro

I have recently bought HP laptop with i7 processor and window 11.I have installed Vmware workstation Pro but whenever i try to power on any virtual machine .It shows error and reboot unexpectedly.

:)

Loveneet, Dec 27, 2021
  2. PaulBosio Win User

KB4517211 causes VMware Workstation Pro 14.1.7 to fail

https://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/141820-vmware-workstation-pro-cant-run-windows-message.html

better solutions to fix rather than uninstalling the update....

Either reg fix or compatibility administrator tool

For compatibility administrator tool, only need to install 1st one on list and unselect the rest (only a 7.7Meg install)

https://www.tenforums.com/virtualiz...o-cant-run-windows-message-3.html#post1740491

PaulBosio, Dec 27, 2021
  3. PKMishra Win User
    Vmware workstation 7 stoped working after upgrade from Win7SP1 to Win10

Upgrade was perfect for all applications. But VMware workstation 7.1.6 went through the upgrade process but the VMs on the machine did not restart giving memory error. Reinstalled the software, VMs still do not start saying the "Authorization Service not
    started. Tried to install latest VMware Player 12, (VMware claims it runs on Win10), even that did not start. Both VMware 7.1.6 and VMware player 12 during installation gave an apparently non-fatal error message pertaining to "IRQL_NOT_LESS_NOT_EQUAL". Running
    Win10 Pro 64-bit with latest updates. Any suggestion to make VMware 7.1.6 work is welcome - PKM

PKMishra, Dec 27, 2021
  4. i4get42 Win User

KB4517211 causes VMware Workstation Pro 14.1.7 to fail

I'm having the same problem.

Just in case there is something we have in common:

I am running VMware Workstation 14 player

My CPU is an AMD 3700

I've confirmed that hyper-v is disabled

virtualization is still showing as enabled.

Oracle VM VirtualBox still works.

I need VMware Workstation 14 because 15 does not work with GNS3 yet.

i4get42, Dec 27, 2021
Thema:

1. PC reboots unexpectedly whenever I power on any vm on vmware workstation pro - Similar Threads - reboots unexpectedly whenever

2. VMware Workstation 16 Pro + Ubuntu 22.04.1 - VM unresponsive with high CPU introduced with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VMware Workstation 16 Pro + Ubuntu 22.04.1 - VM unresponsive with high CPU introduced with...: Several users are reported to be seeing VM unresponsiveness with high CPU using VMware Workstation 16.2.x Pro + Ubuntu 22.04.1 introduced after the Windows 10 September 2022 monthly update.VMWare Workstation as not seen any similar performance issues like this in well over 2...
  3. VMware Workstation 16 Pro + Ubuntu 22.04.1 - VM unresponsive with high CPU introduced with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMware Workstation 16 Pro + Ubuntu 22.04.1 - VM unresponsive with high CPU introduced with...: Several users are reported to be seeing VM unresponsiveness with high CPU using VMware Workstation 16.2.x Pro + Ubuntu 22.04.1 introduced after the Windows 10 September 2022 monthly update.VMWare Workstation as not seen any similar performance issues like this in well over 2...
  4. PC reboots unexpectedly whenever I power on any vm on vmware workstation pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots unexpectedly whenever I power on any vm on vmware workstation pro: I have recently bought HP laptop with i7 processor and window 11.I have installed Vmware workstation Pro but whenever i try to power on any virtual machine .It shows error and reboot unexpectedly....
  5. Windows 10 crashing when powering on VM on VMware workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 crashing when powering on VM on VMware workstation: I got new desktop installed with Windows 10 and have installed it with up to date patches. I have installed VMware workstation and created VM. When I poweron the VM on workstation. Base windows 10 is crashing with below errorsI tried removing Mcafee antivirus, tried disabling...
  6. Windows 10 crashing when powering on VM on VMware workstation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing when powering on VM on VMware workstation: I got new desktop installed with Windows 10 and have installed it with up to date patches. I have installed VMware workstation and created VM. When I poweron the VM on workstation. Base windows 10 is crashing with below errorsI tried removing Mcafee antivirus, tried disabling...
  7. Windows 10 crashing when powering on VM on VMware workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro: This program was working perfectly fine a few months ago and after updating Windows 10 now is not working. What is the problem? Is there going to be a Fix soon?...
  9. Esxi - Linux VM itself running VMWare Workstation

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Esxi - Linux VM itself running VMWare Workstation: Hi there @johnnyZ Here's a screenshot of an Arch Linux system running as a VM on ESXI 5.7 (Esxi is the HOST OS) with the arch linux kernel at 5.3.11 and this VM running VMWare workstation -- so in theory your VM's could easily use any VMWare VM images from USB devices while...
  10. Installing vmware workstation pro error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing vmware workstation pro error: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help...