Windows 10: Pc reboots when gaming

Discus and support Pc reboots when gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So it started 3 days ago when i was playing dota then about 40 mins into the game the screen turned black then the next second the windows logo shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexDavid2, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Pc reboots when gaming

So it started 3 days ago when i was playing dota then about 40 mins into the game the screen turned black then the next second the windows logo shows up then after that it would just continue to reboot on its own on like a reboot loop until i turn the pc off my self the power it on it never happens when im browsing the net the event viewer shows no hardware error and no bsods everytime it crashes im suspecting overheating but never experienced it before i got 4 fans + the cpu cooler

i5 3340

1050ti

600 watt generic psu

8 gb ram

:)

AlexDavid2, Mar 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 rebooting during gaming

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• Is the issue occurring with a particular game or with all games?

• Is the game compatible with Windows 10?

• Are you trying to play online games?

I would suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it works fine:

Follow the steps:

• Right click on start menu and tap on device manager.

• Select display adapters from the list and hit enter.

• Right click on the display adapters and select update.

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Mar 28, 2019
  3. pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Thrackan Win User

Pc reboots when gaming

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Pc reboots when gaming

1. Pc reboots when gaming - Similar Threads - reboots gaming

2. PC freezes and reboots while using discord and playing video game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and reboots while using discord and playing video game: I tried clean boot https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd and then used discord and steam only. It still rebootbelow is the error event. Let me know how I can attach the dumpThe computer has...
  3. PC freezes and reboots while using discord and playing video game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and reboots while using discord and playing video game: I tried clean boot https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd and then used discord and steam only. It still rebootbelow is the error event. Let me know how I can attach the dumpThe computer has...
  4. my pc keeps getting black screen and rebooting with and without gaming and even while browsing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keeps getting black screen and rebooting with and without gaming and even while browsing: Hi,my pc keeps getting black screen and rebooting with and without gaming and even while browsingupdating the gpu drivers didn't workComputer name:DESKTOP-L47H3GGWindows version:Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19045 x64Windows dir:C:\WINDOWSHardware:B550M S2H, Gigabyte...
  5. my pc keeps getting black screen and rebooting with and without gaming and even while browsing

my pc keeps getting black screen and rebooting with and without gaming and even while browsing: Hi,my pc keeps getting black screen and rebooting with and without gaming and even while browsingupdating the gpu drivers didn't workComputer name:DESKTOP-L47H3GGWindows version:Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19045 x64Windows dir:C:\WINDOWSHardware:B550M S2H, Gigabyte...
  6. my pc keeps getting black screen and rebooting with and without gaming and even while browsing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Consistent PC crashes, reboots randomly in middle of some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent PC crashes, reboots randomly in middle of some games.: Lately I've been having some issues where my PC will just randomly restart while playing some games; no blue screen just.. screen goes black then I'm at my boot screen. I've tried to troubleshoot many issues without success. Updated and reinstalled every possible driver...
  8. Consistent PC crashes, reboots randomly in middle of some games.

Consistent PC crashes, reboots randomly in middle of some games.: Lately I've been having some issues where my PC will just randomly restart while playing some games; no blue screen just.. screen goes black then I'm at my boot screen. I've tried to troubleshoot many issues without success. Updated and reinstalled every possible driver...
  9. crashing all the time, random rebooting while gaming and glitched bsod's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashing all the time, random rebooting while gaming and glitched bsod's: hi, i got a pc, pretty decent actually, rx 6950 xt, ryzen 7700x b650 mb, ddr5 ram 6000mhz 32gb 2 sticks, 850psu enough cooling. but the thing is i crash every day, glitched bsod, game kicks and random reboots, i have windows 11 and i just lost i tried updating/reinstalling my...
  10. crashing all the time, random rebooting while gaming and glitched bsod's

crashing all the time, random rebooting while gaming and glitched bsod's: hi, i got a pc, pretty decent actually, rx 6950 xt, ryzen 7700x b650 mb, ddr5 ram 6000mhz 32gb 2 sticks, 850psu enough cooling. but the thing is i crash every day, glitched bsod, game kicks and random reboots, i have windows 11 and i just lost i tried updating/reinstalling my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PC reboots whenever I try and play a game

2. game reboots pc windows 10

3. computer restarts when gaming

4. windows 10 reboots when loading game,
  5. pc reboots when starting game