Windows 10: PC reboots when idle or set to hibernate

Discus and support PC reboots when idle or set to hibernate in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I updated the system to Windows 10 20H2 version several days ago, after which the pc started to reboot itself after being idle for several minutes or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by YuliaNikishina, Apr 25, 2021.

1. PC reboots when idle or set to hibernate

I updated the system to Windows 10 20H2 version several days ago, after which the pc started to reboot itself after being idle for several minutes or if I switch it to the sleep / hibernate mode.Grateful for any help or ideas.Thanks.

:)

YuliaNikishina, Apr 25, 2021
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Apr 25, 2021
  3. marissi Win User
    Putting win10 to hibernate after idling for 1hour

I'm using Task Scheduler to setup job for hibernating pc. It works when trigger is on schedule, but not on idle! When its set to idle it does nothing!

marissi, Apr 25, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

PC reboots when idle or set to hibernate

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

PC reboots when idle or set to hibernate

1. PC reboots when idle or set to hibernate - Similar Threads - reboots idle set

2. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  3. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  4. PC Reboots when Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Reboots when Idle: We have a PC that is getting a BSOD with error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when idle. I don't really know what I am looking at in a .dmp file, but searching through, the .dmp files seem to be pointing to different causes. How should I go forward in resolving this?...
  5. PC Reboots when Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Reboots when Idle: We have a PC that is getting a BSOD with error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when idle. I don't really know what I am looking at in a .dmp file, but searching through, the .dmp files seem to be pointing to different causes. How should I go forward in resolving this?...
  6. PC Reboots when Idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC reboots when idle always - bugcheck 0x000000ef

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC reboots when idle always - bugcheck 0x000000ef: I need help here. My computer constantly reboots when it's idle and I've checked Event Viewer for this. The first crash occurred 3/25/2021 2:48:07 PM. Ever since, it's been happening consistently with the error tag of "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  8. PC reboots when left idle.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC reboots when left idle.: Hi all, Can I ask some help please? I've built second work system from spare parts a month ago. It all was fine but yesterday PC started to randomly reboot when left idle. When I launch some game or other heavy apps it's ok. But as soon as I close it PC reboots in 2-5 mins....
  9. Windows 10: I hibernate, but the PC reboots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: I hibernate, but the PC reboots: I normally hibernate my laptop at night. This allows me to pick up my work in the morning right where I left it in the evening. This doesn't work anymore. I hibernate it, but when I switch it on in the morning, it starts from scratch. I am not aware of any reconfiguration...
  10. PC is still rebooting from hibernate :(

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is still rebooting from hibernate :(: My computer, after the Windows 10 update, keeps rebotting after I hibernate. I can't remember if it does this for a regular shutdown. I tend to push the power button to prevent it from booting Windows. I did go and disable "allow this device to wake" in Device Manager and I...