Windows 10: PC reboots when left idle.

Discus and support PC reboots when left idle. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, Can I ask some help please? I've built second work system from spare parts a month ago. It all was fine but yesterday PC started to randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/optimizatormk8, Nov 5, 2020.

1. PC reboots when left idle.

Hi all,

Can I ask some help please? I've built second work system from spare parts a month ago. It all was fine but yesterday PC started to randomly reboot when left idle. When I launch some game or other heavy apps it's ok. But as soon as I close it PC reboots in 2-5 mins.

Event journal says only bout kernel unexpected stops and so on. I've already performed some things like reinstalling win, sfc scannow, chcksdk, memtest etc. OCCT, aida and furmark tests are OK. Reboots themselves are nice and smooth, not like an overheat or something like that problem.

Specs are:

I3 9100f

H370 aorus 3

Ventus 2070

Kingston 2600 4×8gb

Thermaltake rbg 750w

Samsung evo sata3 ssd

Win 10 pro 2004(latest)

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/optimizatormk8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/optimizatormk8, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 5, 2020
  4. PC reboots when left idle.

pc freezes when left idle

The pc freezes when left idle. Even the mouse wouldn't move. Looked at event viewer, nothing looks abnormal in it. It's definitely not hard drive because I recently replaced it with a new one. Does anyone have a solution to this?

mayank deshpande, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

PC reboots when left idle.

1. PC reboots when left idle. - Similar Threads - reboots left idle

2. Bsod when I left my pc idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod when I left my pc idle.: When i left my pc idle, its crashes about 10 min later. cause of bsod varies every time. My pc is new and I cant figure out why this is happening. here is dump file below, help me please!https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ant5Qg6x4scwgjuFs0U0tX9-kXJL?e=0oa8hr Thank you....
  3. PC Reboots when Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Reboots when Idle: We have a PC that is getting a BSOD with error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when idle. I don't really know what I am looking at in a .dmp file, but searching through, the .dmp files seem to be pointing to different causes. How should I go forward in resolving this?...
  4. PC Reboots when Idle

PC Reboots when Idle: We have a PC that is getting a BSOD with error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when idle. I don't really know what I am looking at in a .dmp file, but searching through, the .dmp files seem to be pointing to different causes. How should I go forward in resolving this?...
  5. PC Reboots when Idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSOD when left idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when left idle: Hi everyone, I have an Acer Aspire VX 15 that I have had for about 4 years. I have run into problems in those 4 years but they all got resolved eventually. However, this blue screen occurrence has happened recently and quite frequently. Whenever I leave my laptop idle for a...
  7. BSOD when left idle

BSOD when left idle: Hi everyone, I have an Acer Aspire VX 15 that I have had for about 4 years. I have run into problems in those 4 years but they all got resolved eventually. However, this blue screen occurrence has happened recently and quite frequently. Whenever I leave my laptop idle for a...
  8. BSOD when left idle

9. PC reboots when idle or set to hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC reboots when idle or set to hibernate: I updated the system to Windows 10 20H2 version several days ago, after which the pc started to reboot itself after being idle for several minutes or if I switch it to the sleep / hibernate mode.Grateful for any help or ideas.Thanks....
  10. BSODs when PC left idle

BSODs when PC left idle: Hello, A few months ago I was getting extremely frequent BSODs. I ended up reinstalling Windows 10 and that seemed to solve the problem. A few weeks later however and they are coming back. A consistent pattern is that they happen when I leave the PC idle for longer than a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc when idle need to reboot