Windows 10: PC reboots when not in use. Even 10016 appears about the same time in Event viewer

Discus and support PC reboots when not in use. Even 10016 appears about the same time in Event viewer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 PC is randomly rebooting. It seems to happen when the PC isn't in use, overnight. It's happened twice last night and twice the night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kearneybobs, Sep 7, 2018.

1. PC reboots when not in use. Even 10016 appears about the same time in Event viewer

My Windows 10 PC is randomly rebooting. It seems to happen when the PC isn't in use, overnight.

It's happened twice last night and twice the night before i think.

I've had a look at event viewer and is showing Even 10016 quit often.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
    to the user DESKTOP-6UMSLRJ\Brian SID (S-1-5-21-4155236990-2375559170-1170841908-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I'm not sure if this is causing it though.

One thing I've noticed that quite often when I'm watching videos (on either browser or VLC) the screen stops, sound stops coming out of speakers and CPU usage peaks. This stops the second I move the mouse and the video picks up as if it had been playing in the background the whole time.

I'm wondering if this is happening when I'm not on the PC and then it reboots as a result of this.

:)

kearneybobs, Sep 7, 2018

2. Event viewer error 10016

Hi Eve,

For us to narrow down your concern for getting the event viewer error 10016, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • When did the issue first begin?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Event viewer error with event id 10016

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I understand that you are getting an error “DistributedCOM 10016” in the event viewer logs.

• Do you face any issues on the computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
    This problem may occur if either of the following conditions is true:

• A program with the class ID (CLSID) that appears in the message tries to start the COM component by using the DCOM infrastructure. However, the user does not have the required permissions to start the COM component.

• The Network Service account does not have the correct permissions.

Event logs are special files that record significant events on your computer, such as when a user logs on to the computer or when a program encounters an error. Whenever these types of events occur, Windows records the event in
    an event log that you can read by using Event Viewer. Advanced users might find the details in event logs helpful when troubleshooting problems with Windows and other programs.

If you do not have any issues with app or any other program I would suggest you to ignore it.

Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Joanne Win User

PC reboots when not in use. Even 10016 appears about the same time in Event viewer

Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM

Hello again..

It is unbelievable what is happening to me *Sad *Sad

I have followed the procedure described in post #90 of this thread, step-by-step!! And... after rebooting a couple of times the same error appears again!! See Event Viewer screenshot of my post #232.

Can anyone, please, tell me what am I doing wrong?!

Joanne, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

PC reboots when not in use. Even 10016 appears about the same time in Event viewer

1. PC reboots when not in use. Even 10016 appears about the same time in Event viewer - Similar Threads - reboots 10016 appears

2. recent error in event viewer rebooting pc at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recent error in event viewer rebooting pc at random times: As described above my pc randomly just reboots and this error is posted in event viewer. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8019e31461d, 0xffff8280fa8de0e8, 0xffff8280fa8dd900....
  3. recent error in event viewer rebooting pc at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recent error in event viewer rebooting pc at random times: As described above my pc randomly just reboots and this error is posted in event viewer. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8019e31461d, 0xffff8280fa8de0e8, 0xffff8280fa8dd900....
  4. Event ID 10016 keeps appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 10016 keeps appearing: Hi I'm running Windows 10, version 1909, 18363.1082 I keep getting event ID 10016 appearing: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Sometimes it appears as often as every minute. I've...
  5. Event viewer 10016/ DPC_WATCHDOG_Violation

Event viewer 10016/ DPC_WATCHDOG_Violation: Hello, I have an issue with my PC which was built new a few months ago Windows 10 18363.720 that when playing some games it crashed to computer shut down very suddenly like power outage and restart soon after, the shut downs occurs at very specific time when playing...
  6. Event 10016 keeps rebooting my PC

Event 10016 keeps rebooting my PC: I keep getting this in event logs, which I find rather annoying as this wasn't a problem with my computer before and I can't seem to fix it Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 2018-08-03 6:37:03 PM Event ID: 10016 Task...
  7. Error 10016 in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error 10016 in Event Viewer: I have a ton of these errors showing in event viewer, I'm really not sure what I need to do to correct this and was hoping somebody here could guide me through the process especially if I need to change something in the registry... The application-specific permission...
  8. Error 10016 in Event Viewer

Error 10016 in Event Viewer: Hello. I keep having Errors 10016 involving DCOM in Event Log. Even when I set correct permissions with the Regedit and DCOM administrative console regarding the CLSID and APPID, those errors keep appearing with a different item each time a few days later. So I was...
  9. Event Error ID 10016 in Event Viewer...

Event Error ID 10016 in Event Viewer...: Windows 10 Home 64 bit ASUS X540LA Notebook What is going on here and what is the best for dealing with this? The AppID seems to be designating RuntimeBroker, but I have done everything so far to correct this error. What am I missing? Log Name: System Source:...
  10. Event Viewer Event ID# 10016 listed four consecutive times at boot??

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Event ID# 10016 listed four consecutive times at boot??: Morning Steve C, I appreciate your willingness to participate in this discussion. Thanks and regards,