Windows 10: PC reboots while playing games

Discus and support PC reboots while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everytime I'm playing a game my pc will simply reboot after a short amount of time. I have a brand new pc that contains the following specs: MSI VENTUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marinel Cipu, Nov 15, 2020.

1. PC reboots while playing games

Everytime I'm playing a game my pc will simply reboot after a short amount of time. I have a brand new pc that contains the following specs: MSI VENTUS GTX 1660ti XS OC GPU, Intel i5 10400f CPU, 2x8 GB RAM HYPERX FURY 2666mhz CL16, 2tb HDD Seagate Barracuda, and a 250gb SSD Kingston A2000.
    Even on the lowest settings, I can hear the coil whine sound coming from the gpu and it will keep rebooting after a short amount of time or it will even give me a bsod in some cases bsod error code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION . The thing is, whenever I enable the vsync feature the sound is gone but after a while it will return but it will still crash after some time. What can I do?
    The guy who assembled the whole pc keeps telling me that I should return my 650w PSU and get a 850w one but in my opinion 650 is more than needed for this rig. I've reinstalled windows twice now, drivers up to date, windows up to date, the temps are <50 degrees Celsius in games CPU and max 60-65 or 70 degrees Celsius GPU. After running a benchmark test using the heaven benchmark test tool after around 3 minutes it rebooted, temps were ok.
    I guess all I can do for now is just to rma the gpu and get the same gpu, but a new one instead, since I noticed some artifacts on my screen and green dots while the pc was rebooting. Check the images
    So, that's the only available option?
    Thanks in advance.
    Photos here:
    https://ibb.co/449zsRV
    https://ibb.co/9T52kr8

:)

Marinel Cipu, Nov 15, 2020

2. play games on my pc

Hi Lisa,

In order to assist properly, kindly answer the following questions:

• On which website are you trying to play the game? What is the title of the game?
    • Have you tried using other browsers like Edge?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide more details on the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing that same thing using other PCs?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 rebooting during gaming

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• Is the issue occurring with a particular game or with all games?

• Is the game compatible with Windows 10?

• Are you trying to play online games?

I would suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it works fine:

Follow the steps:

• Right click on start menu and tap on device manager.

• Select display adapters from the list and hit enter.

• Right click on the display adapters and select update.

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Nov 15, 2020
  4. PC reboots while playing games

Can't play my pes13 game on my windows 10 professional PC desktop

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play game.

I will certainly help you with this.

Did you check the game compatibility with Windows 10?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the program in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the game icon through which you launch the game.

• Click on properties.

• Click on compatibility tab.

• Check the box, run this program in compatibility mode and select the previous operating system.

• Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

PC reboots while playing games

1. PC reboots while playing games - Similar Threads - reboots while playing

2. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots while playing games: My speakers make a crackling sound and then the computer restarts by itself. This only happens while gaming.I've- checked for overheating- turned off Automatic Restart- checked RAM- changed power optionsI've also taken it twice to a repair shop. This is what they did:-...
  3. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots while playing games: My speakers make a crackling sound and then the computer restarts by itself. This only happens while gaming.I've- checked for overheating- turned off Automatic Restart- checked RAM- changed power optionsI've also taken it twice to a repair shop. This is what they did:-...
  4. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Rebooted While Playing Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Rebooted While Playing Game: I received this in my Event Viewer The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004e 0x000000000000009a, 0x000000000010c0d2, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. I have an HP Omen 40L 3070 i7 12700k 32gb ram 2TB SSD that came with an air cooler, just...
  6. Computer Rebooted While Playing Game

Computer Rebooted While Playing Game: I received this in my Event Viewer The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004e 0x000000000000009a, 0x000000000010c0d2, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. I have an HP Omen 40L 3070 i7 12700k 32gb ram 2TB SSD that came with an air cooler, just...
  7. Rebooting while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rebooting while playing games: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  8. Rebooting while playing games

Rebooting while playing games: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  9. reboot while playing games.

reboot while playing games.: i have changed my cpu 3600x to 3100 and no reboots have happened so far not a real test as it has been a couple of hours since i have done this. but i came a cross driver verifier and i decided to give it a try. upon trying it the pc crashes almost instantly. ill upload the...
  10. PC reboots at random times while playing games

PC reboots at random times while playing games: Hi, my computer keeps on rebooting at random times while playing games specifically dota 2. I have already conducted GPU and CPU stress tests using CINEBENCH, CPU-Z, FURMARK, Heaven Benchmark and could not replicate the reboot. I'm now looking into Windows Event viewer to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dpc_watchdog_violation