Windows 10: PC: Receiver shows Multi-channel or PCM when playing Atmos content

Discus and support PC: Receiver shows Multi-channel or PCM when playing Atmos content in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It was once a known issue on Xbox One, notably with 2019 Denon receivers, but has been fixed in the latest updates from Microsoft. But it also occurs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndréAlexandre Antunes, Jul 24, 2020.

1. PC: Receiver shows Multi-channel or PCM when playing Atmos content

It was once a known issue on Xbox One, notably with 2019 Denon receivers, but has been fixed in the latest updates from Microsoft. But it also occurs in Windows 10 and has not been fixed. When running games with Atmos support on Windows 10, the receiver indicates "Multi In" on the Display when it should indicate ATMOS. In movies and in the Dolby app itself, the receiver's display reads "Atmos" normally. This link describes exactly the problem that happened on the Xbox and was fixed, but they forgot to fix it on Windows 10.

https://kb.dolby.com/access?kid=ka00g000000g8IFAAY&articletype=FAQ__kav

Will microsoft fix this bug on the PC as it did on the Xbox? Thank you.

:)

AndréAlexandre Antunes, Jul 24, 2020

2. PC: Receiver shows Multi-channel or PCM when playing Atmos content

It was once a known issue on Xbox One, notably with 2019 Denon receivers, but has been fixed in the latest updates from Microsoft. But it also occurs in Windows 10 and has not been fixed. When running games with Atmos support on Windows 10, the receiver
    indicates "Multi In" on the Display when it should indicate ATMOS. In movies and in the Dolby app itself, the receiver's display reads "Atmos" normally. This link describes exactly the problem that happened on the Xbox and was fixed, but they forgot to fix
    it on Windows 10.

https://kb.dolby.com/access?kid=ka00g000000g8IFAAY&articletype=FAQ__kav

Will microsoft fix this bug on the PC as it did on the Xbox? Thank you.

AndréAlexandre Antunes, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Dolby Atmos for Home Theater

I have the same issue. Atmos will only show on my receiver if I play a 4k UHD movie in the disc drive/blu blu app.

Nothing else works and shows as multichannel PCM on my amp. Its an Onkyo TX-NR696.

I have tried playing my 4K UHD movies through the Vudu app, Netflix Atmos movies, amd games like Gears of War 4 to test. All of it shows up as PCM on my Onkyo. I really want this to work for Vudu because I buy most of my movies in UHD through it.

Xbox goes HDMI goes into the Game input on receiver. Settings in my Xbox are bitstream>dolby atmos through HDMI.

Im also am Xbox insider.

I PRED4TOR I, Jul 25, 2020
  4. PC: Receiver shows Multi-channel or PCM when playing Atmos content

Atmos not working anymore for Non-Atmos content

Dolby Atmos used to work for Non-Atmos contents as well, but now it works only when I play an Atmos content. Why was it changed and is there any way we can get it working again?

RahulPillai, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

PC: Receiver shows Multi-channel or PCM when playing Atmos content

1. PC: Receiver shows Multi-channel or PCM when playing Atmos content - Similar Threads - Receiver shows Multi

2. Outputting stereo content on a 5.1 multi-channel audio system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outputting stereo content on a 5.1 multi-channel audio system: Hello! I already wrote in support of the motherboard manufacturer ASUS about this problem, I was advised to write to Microsoft support. I will duplicate here my question and answer from ASUS support."Hello! I'm having trouble setting up 5.1 multi-channel audio correctly on a...
  3. Outputting stereo content on a 5.1 multi-channel audio system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outputting stereo content on a 5.1 multi-channel audio system: Hello! I already wrote in support of the motherboard manufacturer ASUS about this problem, I was advised to write to Microsoft support. I will duplicate here my question and answer from ASUS support."Hello! I'm having trouble setting up 5.1 multi-channel audio correctly on a...
  4. Windows 10 Atmos Multi-In bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Atmos Multi-In bug: I just bought a new Denon AVR-x4700h, I run my gaming laptop through my receiver and when I try and play a game that supports Dolby Atmos the receiver just says 'Multi-In and does not play in Atmos I have windows in the 'Dolby Atmos for home theater' setting when I try this,...
  5. AVR DENON X-1600H showing Multi In instead of Dolby Atmos

AVR DENON X-1600H showing Multi In instead of Dolby Atmos: Hi guys im having an issue with Windows 10 recently and i want to make sure if anyone has the same problem or if it's only me. I ve never had a problem with my AVR since today. The AVR shows that the audio coming from the games that are Dolby Atmos certified is just Multi In...
  6. PC does not show the tablet's content

in Windows 10 Support
    PC does not show the tablet's content: the new Lenovo tablet is shown in the PC (windows 10) as "MTP USB device", but clicking on it gives "this file is empty", i.e., cannot read the tablet's content and cannot download anything thereto. Device Manager does identify the tablet but tells me that "device requires...
  7. Windows 10 only outputs pcm 2.0 . Cant get atmos to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 only outputs pcm 2.0 . Cant get atmos to work: Hi, First off everything has been working fine until today. My pc is connected via Hdmi to my Onkyo onkyo tx-nr686 receiver 7.1 system with atmos speakersfrom my intergreated intel graphics card output on my pc. My tv is Lg Cx Oled. If I play mkv's with vlc that include Dts...
  8. PC to AVR no audio output when Atmos

PC to AVR no audio output when Atmos: Recently my setup stopped producing sound. When sound was playing, my AVR would show "dolby surround" when playing games and watching youtube. I left my computer on for 24 hours. When I came back, my AVR would say "dolby atmos" when playing games and youtube. Unfortunately,...
  9. multi channel sound not selectable in sound panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    multi channel sound not selectable in sound panel: An audio/video receiver is connected to the PC via HDMI. Speakers options for 5.1 and 7.1 are greyed (not selectable), do you know how to make them selectable otherwise only stereo format is decoded by the hometheater receiver?...
  10. Netflix app shows Dolby Atmos icon but it does not play atmos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix app shows Dolby Atmos icon but it does not play atmos: After reading too much forums, blogs and reports, I give up. My Windows 10 has HEVC, dolby atmos works with VLC or even playing movies directly in Windows, I have 8700K, GTX 1080 TI, all updated. Netflix App is working with 4k and Bluray, my Spatial Sound also has Dolby...