Windows 10: PC recently started crashing. Completely reset, still crashing.

Discus and support PC recently started crashing. Completely reset, still crashing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; At this point I believe the problem is physical. This started happening a little over a month ago maybe 2. At first when it started crashing I wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ryan1919, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Ryan1919 Win User

PC recently started crashing. Completely reset, still crashing.

At this point I believe the problem is physical. This started happening a little over a month ago maybe 2. At first when it started crashing I wouldn't even get that "sorry something went wrong" screen it would just freeze for a few seconds and just immediately restart and the strangest thing was instead of loading back to the lock screen it would take me to this "Aptio Setup Utility" screen which I had never been to before this. The crashes were pretty infrequent and they would happen randomly. The frequency of the crashes hasn't really increased at all since it began, multiple days have gone by no crashes, but one day out of no where itll just happen. I thought maybe it happened anytime i may have been running game or streaming and there were a couple times it did crash while doing that but other times where id be playing a game for hours while having a stream or video playing in the background and it was fine.

Yes I have completely reset windows and it has still crashed. I was downloading a game at the time it crashed admittedly but I've downloaded other games over the past week or so and nothing happened then. I'm not completely dismissing the high usage as a key contributor to the problem but it doesn't seem to be the key issue, just something that may or may not cause it to trigger from time to time. Another reason i think it might be physical is while most of the crashes have happened while the laptop just sitting on my desk, there were a couple times it crashed right as I picked the laptop up to move it somewhere.

The crash that happened after the reset still took me to the"Aptio Setup Utility" screen

:)

Ryan1919, Apr 15, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 15, 2020
  3. reed1e Win User
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection keeps crashing.

Frequently during a Solitaire game the busy icon appears for a few seconds before the game shuts down completely. On restart the game continues from almost the same point. The crashes have only started recently (latest Windows update?)

Following posted advice I ran the Windows Store Apps trouble shooter and reset the app four times but each time the app continues to crash. The next step 'Detecting additional problems' initially listed 'hanging or crashing apps' as 'could not be fixed'.
    Two times ago it reported 'fixed' and the last time 'Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem'; 'Give feedback on this problem', hence this report.

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Pro, v1809, OS build 17763.379, 64 bit

reed1e, Apr 15, 2020
  4. PC recently started crashing. Completely reset, still crashing.

Gta 4 crashing constantly

Sup everyone, i seem to be having a very annoying problem. I purchased gta 4 recently and i installed it and it runs quite well, my system is listed in my specs. The problem with the game, is that about +/- 5 minutes of playing, the screen gets funny coloured squares and my whole pc crashes. I have xp sp3 installed. I have tried numerous things like clocking my cpu back to stock but to no avail. My pc is not overheating, thats for sure, i dunno. My mate just told me that it might just be a bug, but it seems strange that i bug in the game would cause my whole pc to crash. Any suggestions?

BradleyKZN, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

PC recently started crashing. Completely reset, still crashing.

1. PC recently started crashing. Completely reset, still crashing. - Similar Threads - recently started crashing

2. PC started crashing recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC started crashing recently: PC started crashing randomly about every other day this week, not sure what is causing it. Event viewer logs 1h prior to most recent crash : eventlogs 1h.evtxPlease help, and thank you in advance...
  3. PC started crashing recently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC started crashing recently: PC started crashing randomly about every other day this week, not sure what is causing it. Event viewer logs 1h prior to most recent crash : eventlogs 1h.evtxPlease help, and thank you in advance...
  4. PC recently started crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC recently started crashing: A few weeks ago my pc started randomly crashing with HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error and a processor APIC id 16. Event code 20.It appears to happen randomly, pc usually works wihout crashes under load, but it may crash while browsing or after a few minutes after...
  5. PC recently started crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC recently started crashing: A few weeks ago my pc started randomly crashing with HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error and a processor APIC id 16. Event code 20.It appears to happen randomly, pc usually works wihout crashes under load, but it may crash while browsing or after a few minutes after...
  6. PC recently started crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My PC has started crashing recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has started crashing recently: So lately when I'm using my PC the screen goes black, but I still hear sound although I can't do anything and I have to force restart my PC. After that the PC is lagging and the display settings say that my moniter is 1000hz while its only 75hz. There also doesn't seem to be...
  8. My PC has started crashing recently

My PC has started crashing recently: So lately when I'm using my PC the screen goes black, but I still hear sound although I can't do anything and I have to force restart my PC. After that the PC is lagging and the display settings say that my moniter is 1000hz while its only 75hz. There also doesn't seem to be...
  9. PC starts crashing and freezing recently.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC starts crashing and freezing recently.: So I had this PC for about 9 months to a year, and just recently, my PC is starting to crash and freeze. I use an HP Pavilion 15 laptop and could really use some help.Some steps I have tried are:-Reset my PC with keep files feature-Clean up unnecessary space...
  10. Month old pc, just recently started crashing and did a new windows install, still crashing.

Month old pc, just recently started crashing and did a new windows install, still crashing.: heres the link for my .dmp files https://1drv.ms/u/s!As2m7STVSVbRhiuppXHlY5BdB37g?e=fOpVvp pc specs https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/dYTfdD gpu is a used evga 1080ti sc i build the pc around early december and it didn't had any problem. around late december early...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc still crashing after reset