Windows 10: PC recognizes hard drive but won't but boot it via BIOS (Asus)

Discus and support PC recognizes hard drive but won't but boot it via BIOS (Asus) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I just wanted to start my PC but it doesn't recognize my hard drive. Instead, my BIOS does recognize my hard drive... I tried to boot it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlareAV, Dec 17, 2020.

1. PC recognizes hard drive but won't but boot it via BIOS (Asus)

Hi,

I just wanted to start my PC but it doesn't recognize my hard drive. Instead, my BIOS does recognize my hard drive... I tried to boot it from there but after some seconds, I got back in the BIOS.
    This happened some times before this year but every time I was able to boot Windows after some tries.
    Don't know, what do to now. PC isn't really doing anything currently.

Thanks for helping me. Kr

submitted by /u/FlareAV
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FlareAV, Dec 17, 2020
  2. djburkes Win User

CD-RW not recognized???

I just purchased a new case, motherboard, and hard drive. The motherboard is an ASUS P5AD2-E Premium. I installed everything last night along with a new SATA 150 300GB Maxtor hard drive. When I booted up everything went ok to begin with, I was able to enter bios and everything. I was wanting to install a fresh copy of Windows on this hard drive but my CD-RW isn't recognized. The CD-RW is hooked up to an IDE connection, when the PC boots is says scanning for IDE devices but it says that none are detected. So I installed an 80 GB SATA 150 hard drive with windows already on it, I can boot to windows but still no CD-RW activity. I'm really new to this stuff, probably jumped into building my own PC too quickly but I followed directions to a T. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

djburkes, Dec 17, 2020
  3. SATA drive not being recognized on Gigabyte Mobo

After I updated the BIOS to the latest version 8 I was able to have the SATA recognized.
    After running sfc /scannow for maintenance I can't get the SATA drive to boot first. It is recognized in the BIOS and is listed first in the boot order under Advanced BIOS Features.

When the IDE drive boots it is not recognized in either Windows Explorer or disk management.

Any thoughts on why I can't see the SATA drive anymore would be appreciated.

brainwave89, Dec 17, 2020
  4. PC recognizes hard drive but won't but boot it via BIOS (Asus)

Boot from old hard drive

The motherboard of my old computer died suddenly and so I bought a new computer. It has two 1TB HDDs on RAID 0 and comes preinstalled with Windows 10 Home. I wanted my computer to boot from my old 120GB SSD from my old computer but it doesn't seem to recognize it as boot drive. It was working perfectly with my old computer.

I can view files from the SSD and so this confirms that it is working. The boot partition is marked active.

I tried changing the boot hard drive in the bios but in the bios, the only two options shown in the boot menu are

• Windows Boot Manager (Intel Volume1)
    • CD/DVDRW

After searching online, a website suggested swapping the Sata of the old hard drive with that of the new one. I tried even this but this didn't work either. It gave me the error "boot disk not found" and in the boot menu, the only option was "CD/DVDRW".

For Reference :

Motherboard : ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING

All Hard Drives Run GPT.

Any other solutions?

Don't Root here plz..., Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

PC recognizes hard drive but won't but boot it via BIOS (Asus)

1. PC recognizes hard drive but won't but boot it via BIOS (Asus) - Similar Threads - recognizes hard drive

2. PC won't boot when using 2nd hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC won't boot when using 2nd hard drive: So I'm trying to connect this hard drive to because it's dying and I want to get some stuff off it. I connected it to my working PC and it never gets to the login screen it just sits at the spinning circle forever. I made sure that my computer wasn't trying to boot off the...
  3. PC won't boot when using 2nd hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't boot when using 2nd hard drive: So I'm trying to connect this hard drive to because it's dying and I want to get some stuff off it. I connected it to my working PC and it never gets to the login screen it just sits at the spinning circle forever. I made sure that my computer wasn't trying to boot off the...
  4. Bios does not recognize a boot drive?

Bios does not recognize a boot drive?: I have installed Chrome OS on my SD card with Neverware and when I plug it into my notebook the Bios does not recognize the SD card. Bios erkennt kein Boot-Laufwerk?
  5. Windows won't recognize reformatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won't recognize reformatted hard drive: I recently cloned by hard drive onto an SSD which is now my C: drive. I then started the Windows installation process in order to reformat my hard drive. But now when I connect both the hard drive and the SSD to the motherboard my PC always tries to boot up from the hard...
  6. My Hard Drive is visible in BIOS but won't boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Hard Drive is visible in BIOS but won't boot.: I get this specific error: This Product is covered by one or more of the following patents: US6,570,884, US6,115,776, and US6,327,625 Realtek.......... I've researched about this error and people mostly say that the hard drive won't boot and the computer is trying to boot...
  7. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: Hey, I got a new hard drive today and for some reason I am unable to add it to my already existing ssd drive that my pc desktop currently runs on. I have tried going into create and format hard disk partitions and allocating the “unallocated disk” but there isn’t any drive...
  8. BIOS Not Always Recognizing Hard Drive

BIOS Not Always Recognizing Hard Drive: Hi guys! My girlfriend has a PC which I bought her a couple of years ago, it's a relatively basic (but more than adequate) system. It's used perhaps once or twice a month, usually for simple tasks such as photos, internet browsing etc. A couple of weeks ago, with Windows...
  9. Hard drive not recognized on new PC

Hard drive not recognized on new PC: Hello, So I've recently built a new PC and I installed 4 hard drives on it. 1)256GB SSD 2)500GB HDD 3)600GB HDD 4)600GB HDD My problem is that the 3rd HDD drive is not recognized and its displayed as "Intel Raid 0 Volume" in Device Manager (I didn't change any...
  10. Win10_Pro_15031 won't boot with "UEFI" selected in Asus Bios

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10_Pro_15031 won't boot with "UEFI" selected in Asus Bios: I have a home built desktop with an Asus Maximus V Gene mob with a Intel 3570k CPU running UEFI on Win 10 Pro 15031 preview. All updates have been applied and I have the latest BIOS from Asus. I have 3 SSD's, each with a separate OS: (1) Win 7 HP 64 bit (2) Win 10 Pro...