Windows 10: PC refuse to shutdown restart even hibernate it restart right back up.

Discus and support PC refuse to shutdown restart even hibernate it restart right back up. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Seem my PC refuse to stay down I try all fix recommend even go to updated the pc.I try Hibernate and shutdown it came back up restarting it self for no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CipherBlaze, Aug 17, 2022.

1. PC refuse to shutdown restart even hibernate it restart right back up.

Seem my PC refuse to stay down I try all fix recommend even go to updated the pc.I try Hibernate and shutdown it came back up restarting it self for no reason, I try shutdown fix disable fast startup and bunch of others fix in regedit it still restart back.I shutdown in safe mode it coming right back up im pretty much lost do I need to reset my pc?.I did do shutdown and cut off the main power switch before 6 sec countdown ,after 6 sec or 8 sec my pc restarting it self from Shutdown and hibernate automatically.When I want to use my pc I open the main power back my pc automatically start up with

:)

CipherBlaze, Aug 17, 2022

2. PC refuse to shutdown restart even hibernate it restart right back up.

Seem my PC refuse to stay down I try all fix recommend even go to updated the pc.

I try Hibernate and shutdown it came back up restarting it self for no reason, I try shutdown fix disable fast startup and bunch of others fix in regedit it still restart back.

I shutdown in safe mode it coming right back up im pretty much lost do I need to reset my pc?.

I did do shutdown and cut off the main power switch before 6 sec countdown ,after 6 sec or 8 sec my pc restarting it self from Shutdown and hibernate automatically.

When I want to use my pc I open the main power back my pc automatically start up without me press power button.

Tried the restarting trick and shutdown it still restart right back up.

Oh and Force shutdown 10 sec actually keep my pc stay down and it didn't coming back up even I on off main power socket it still stay down until I press the power button.

Do I need to reset my pc? Because I don't see any problems with motherboard either power supply.

(This problem happened after im using notepad and play old game StarCraft 1).

Edit : I notice new things when I open socket switch my pc would automatically start up without me press power button but this time I hear beep sound before it start up.

CipherBlaze, Aug 18, 2022
  3. PC refuse to shutdown restart even hibernate it restart right back up.

Not working the troubleshooting all seem normal and no issue, safe boot and clean boot still making the pc restarting itself after shutdown seem app not cause this.

Done SFC scan and full online scan no corrupted file even did Online repair to be on safe side.

My pc keep restarting odd I only use notepad and play StarCraft 1 before this problem happend and I rarely use the pc I only use of every 3 days or once a week.

Is theres a chance the power supply causing this restart and refuse the shutdown? I check my ram, CPU and motherboard no damage or swollen all seem normal only power supply I didn't check.

Is there chance power supply the one keep restart my pc? Because when I do 10 sec force shutdown it permenantly shutdown.

Pls advice on Reset options because how the 10 Sec force shutdown permanenty stop it from restarting or start automatically when I on the main power socket, is there any chance my OS 64 bits corrupted and loss file because I don't know how to repair and recover this.

CipherBlaze, Aug 18, 2022
  4. rymar115 Win User

PC refuse to shutdown restart even hibernate it restart right back up.

Computer refuses to restart or shutdown

Since the recent update to Windows 10 Fall Creators version my computer refuses to shutdown or restart. I even let it run overnight but it stays at the "shutting down" page or "restarting" only a power button will get me out of that screen. I have tried
    all the suggested remedies, power settings, turn fastboot on/off, Intel management engine, command line but no luck. All of this was working fine before this update.

Looking at the windows drives in Linux afterwards I noticed that all the drives, including the external one, are all in an unclean state. I run ntfsfix under Linux and then I'm able to access this again. So is there some possibility that the hibernation
    or the hybrid version of that is still running despite that being turned off? Getting pretty frustrated after several days. The windows runs fine otherwise just won't shutdown or restart.

rymar115, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

PC refuse to shutdown restart even hibernate it restart right back up.

1. PC refuse to shutdown restart even hibernate it restart right back up. - Similar Threads - refuse shutdown restart

2. PC always boots but refuses restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC always boots but refuses restart: Hello,I have a, in my opinion, very strange problem where I am now seeking support regarding the exclusion of, for example, a creators update or other Windows update that my build doesn't like. The issue is most likely my fault, but I cannot rule out that it's not. I have...
  3. PC always boots but refuses restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC always boots but refuses restart: Hello,I have a, in my opinion, very strange problem where I am now seeking support regarding the exclusion of, for example, a creators update or other Windows update that my build doesn't like. The issue is most likely my fault, but I cannot rule out that it's not. I have...
  4. PC keeps restarting even when you press shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps restarting even when you press shutdown: My PC wont turn off and once you hit shutdown restart will be processed and it will boot again into desktop. The PC is only working properly but now it wont shuts itself....
  5. PC keeps restarting even when you press shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps restarting even when you press shutdown: My PC wont turn off and once you hit shutdown restart will be processed and it will boot again into desktop. The PC is only working properly but now it wont shuts itself....
  6. PC keeps restarting even when you press shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC refuse to shutdown restart even hibernate it restart right back up.

PC refuse to shutdown restart even hibernate it restart right back up.: Seem my PC refuse to stay down I try all fix recommend even go to updated the pc.I try Hibernate and shutdown it came back up restarting it self for no reason, I try shutdown fix disable fast startup and bunch of others fix in regedit it still restart back.I shutdown in safe...
  8. PC refuse to shutdown restart even hibernate it restart right back up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC refuse to shutdown restart even hibernate it restart right back up.: Seem my PC refuse to stay down I try all fix recommend even go to updated the pc.I try Hibernate and shutdown it came back up restarting it self for no reason, I try shutdown fix disable fast startup and bunch of others fix in regedit it still restart back.I shutdown in safe...
  9. PC restarting instead of hibernate

PC restarting instead of hibernate: My PC restarts whenever it goes into hibernating after being unused for some time. It shows a blue screen with this error code CRITITAL_PROCESS_DIED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-restarting-instead-of-hibernate/5a1b4944-75b8-48ee-8d6a-154e180f32d9
  10. PC won’t shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won’t shutdown/restart: I don’t know if this has to do with a new windows update but recently my PC doesn’t fully shutdown or restart. When doing so, it prompts the usual “shutting down...” or “restarting...” for a lot longer than it normally does. Then, my monitors turn off but the tower stays on,...