Windows 10: PC regularly shuts down and restarts when resuming from sleep

Discus and support PC regularly shuts down and restarts when resuming from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently, about once a day, my PC shuts down with no warning or Windows crash, a few seconds after resuming from sleep. Just dramatically switches... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imacken, Jan 31, 2021.

1. imacken Win User

PC regularly shuts down and restarts when resuming from sleep

Recently, about once a day, my PC shuts down with no warning or Windows crash, a few seconds after resuming from sleep.

Just dramatically switches off and restarts.

Don't know where to start! Any help appreciated.

Windows 10 20H2

:)

imacken, Jan 31, 2021
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused PC regularly shuts down and restarts when resuming from sleep :confused:*Mad PC regularly shuts down and restarts when resuming from sleep :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jan 31, 2021
  3. PC not shutting down or sleeping

Hi Felipe,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about the shutting down or sleeping in Windows 10. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before this issue happens?
    • Any changes made to your hardware?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
    • Have you also tried
      updating your drivers
      ?

We also found a helpful response from Yashwanth Kotakuri on July 7, 2016 in this

thread
    . This will give you steps that resolve the same issue.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Anthony Gal, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Joe13 B-) Win User

Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button in Start Menu is not working

Hey all!

I've been finding some helpful tricks these days to help you in some problems. This time, I've found a way to
    restart / shutdown / put your PC to sleep / switch user / sign out of your PC in Windows, when your Start Menu / your Power button in
    Start Menu isn't working.

To restart / shutdown / put your PC to sleep / switch user / sign out of your PC, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows Logo key + Alt + F4 keys together. A window pops up, asking, 'What do you want the computer to do?'.
    • Click the drop-down box, and select the option you want it to do (i.e., Shut Down, Sign Out, Restart, etc.) and click 'Ok' to make your Windows PC do it.

That's all! You can use this method whenever you want. It won't be an improper shutdown. If this won't work for you, you can long-press the Power button on your PC to shutdown.

I'll come up with many more help topics!

Joe13 B-), Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. PC regularly shuts down and restarts when resuming from sleep - Similar Threads - regularly shuts down

2. System restarts when resuming from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restarts when resuming from sleep mode: For several weeks, I have experienced an issue where I press the power button to resume from sleep mode in Windows 11, but nothing appears on the screen even though the computer is on. I then press the power button again, and the computer either turns off or restarts. In the...
  3. System restarts when resuming from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restarts when resuming from sleep mode: For several weeks, I have experienced an issue where I press the power button to resume from sleep mode in Windows 11, but nothing appears on the screen even though the computer is on. I then press the power button again, and the computer either turns off or restarts. In the...
  4. PC restart when shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC restart when shut down: My PC just started to restart when I press turn off idk why and it’s never happened before it’s just like I press shut down go for a sec and when I back the pc like restarted it’s not happening sec time like when I click turn off again it’s shutting down but the problem is...
  5. PC shuts down when set to Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down when set to Sleep.: This PC shuts down even though it is set to Sleep and must be signed in again each time Windows is re-opened. In Power and Sleep settings both Display are Sleep set at Never. who UNPLUGS their PC? In Additional Power Settings HP recommended Power Balance is set. Beneath...
  6. BSOD on restart and PC shuts down when it's supposed to go to sleep

BSOD on restart and PC shuts down when it's supposed to go to sleep: Hey everyone, I have lately been having a couple of minor problems on my PC: 1) Whenever I try to restart my PC, I encounter the BSOD "System thread exception not handled." I have looked for help online already, but the suggestions of making sure all my device...
  7. Laptop shuts down instead of resuming from sleep

Laptop shuts down instead of resuming from sleep: Recently, my laptop started doing this. I'd say in the last 3-4 weeks. It goes to sleep when I shut the lid or put it to sleep, but shuts off when lid is opened, power button is pressed, etc. It's a Lenovo P51s, version 20H. All updates are current, both Microsoft and...
  8. BSOD when Sleeping, Restarting or shutting down, page_fault_in_non...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when Sleeping, Restarting or shutting down, page_fault_in_non...: A couple days ago when normally putting my PC to sleep at night it restarted. I then tried to put it to sleep again and watched as the screen went black and the pc just sat there on for like 10 seconds then began the process of rebooting. The next day when i was using my pc...
  9. BSOD on regular basis when resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on regular basis when resuming from sleep: Hello everybody, I have freshly installed Windows 10 Home 64 on Samsung 850 EVO 500 Gb SSD. From the install time I getting regular BSOD's, but only in one typical scenario: after 4th or 5th time when pc resumed from sleep, other ways the pc runs perfectly. Getting...
  10. Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]: Toshiba Satellite S55-B5268 hibernate is not work, when select hibernate, Win 10 goes to hibernate, after about 10 second screen will be black and laptop will be off. When press Power button to resume from Hibernate, after 5 second laptop goes off automatically, and when...