Windows 10: PC requires two restarts to run

Discus and support PC requires two restarts to run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I am having issues with my Windows 10 gaming PC. Recently it requires me to restart it twice in order for some of the applications to run and for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Miranda178, May 25, 2022.

1. PC requires two restarts to run

Hi. I am having issues with my Windows 10 gaming PC. Recently it requires me to restart it twice in order for some of the applications to run and for my Samsung tv to register screen input. Everything is up to date and no virus have been found. The issues I am finding is my computer won't detect my tv speakers all the time, I lose input to the tv, and applications stop working such as AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. It will say that my graphic drivers are not compatible even though the software works on this PC set up. All of this appears to "fix" itself after I do two restarts. I upgraded qu

:)

Miranda178, May 25, 2022
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC requires two restarts to run :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 25, 2022
  3. Omahabob Win User
    Restart Required Loop

I'm not normally a fan of re-opening old threads. But since I ran into this issue with audio software on a brand new Alienware PC, the thread is apparently still applicable to at least some degree. The troubleshooters in Control Panel fixed the issue for me. Thanks, zbook.

Omahabob, May 25, 2022
  4. PC requires two restarts to run

Will constant restart harm pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you running a game and restarting your system?
    • What do you mean when you state "desktop gaming pc running windows 10 64 bit "?

I would like to inform that restarting your computer will not do any harm to your PC. But if there are any games or apps running in the background, I would suggest that you close all the running programs and then restart.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, May 25, 2022
Thema:

PC requires two restarts to run

1. PC requires two restarts to run - Similar Threads - requires restarts run

2. PC Shutting Off/Requires Restart Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shutting Off/Requires Restart Randomly: This is a problem I've had for a while now. My PC often shuts down/requires a restart randomly for some reason. Most of the time, this happens when I'm watching video or playing games almost always 2D games, not resource-heavy 3D ones. I tried diagnosing this problem with a...
  3. PC Shutting Off/Requires Restart Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Shutting Off/Requires Restart Randomly: This is a problem I've had for a while now. My PC often shuts down/requires a restart randomly for some reason. Most of the time, this happens when I'm watching video or playing games almost always 2D games, not resource-heavy 3D ones. I tried diagnosing this problem with a...
  4. Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart: Hello,I have the following problem: both of my monitors suddenly lose the signal as if by accident. Disconnecting and reconnecting the cables doesn't help, nor does restarting the drivers Win+Alt+Shift+B - I have to perform a computer restart by using the button on the case...
  5. Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart: Hello,I have the following problem: both of my monitors suddenly lose the signal as if by accident. Disconnecting and reconnecting the cables doesn't help, nor does restarting the drivers Win+Alt+Shift+B - I have to perform a computer restart by using the button on the case...
  6. Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC requires two restarts to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC requires two restarts to run: Hi. I am having issues with my Windows 10 gaming PC. Recently it requires me to restart it twice in order for some of the applications to run and for my Samsung tv to register screen input. Everything is up to date and no virus have been found. The issues I am finding is my...
  8. PC requires two restarts to run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC requires two restarts to run: Hi. I am having issues with my Windows 10 gaming PC. Recently it requires me to restart it twice in order for some of the applications to run and for my Samsung tv to register screen input. Everything is up to date and no virus have been found. The issues I am finding is my...
  9. Pc sometimes slow requires restart to fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc sometimes slow requires restart to fix: My pc when I start it up has a gamble to be pretty slow (apps loading slow, internet is slow even though on other devices internet is fine) or normal. I don't think its malware, I can't think of anything that would cause it to be malware. I'm thinking its either windows 10...
  10. Reg:Joining two pc's as one and run

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Reg:Joining two pc's as one and run: Hi TF, I have a laptop of win 10 16gb i7 and i have another laptop i7 16gb. My problem is i nèed a pc of 32gb to work with. As i cannot upgrade. I need to make the two above pc as one(virtually via software) and use. I need to use it for vmware esxi lab environment. I...