Windows 10: PC reset failure

Discus and support PC reset failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I decided to reset my whole PC since I just wanted a fresh start. When I did that, I left for just a few minutes and when I came back it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdamFrancis3, Dec 8, 2018.

1. PC reset failure

Hello.

I decided to reset my whole PC since I just wanted a fresh start. When I did that, I left for just a few minutes and when I came back it said that it failed to reset the computer. So I just clicked start Windows 10. After that, it's been looping and I can't really start the computer. I've tried watching videos and tutorials and been trying to use CMD prompt but nothing is working. Please help me. What do I need to do?

. Adam

:)

AdamFrancis3, Dec 8, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Dec 8, 2018
  4. PC reset failure

Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

PC reset failure

1. PC reset failure - Similar Threads - reset failure

2. Factory Reset failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset failure.: When i try to factory reset my pc it shows: dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.I dont now what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-failure/04beaa76-d2b8-4221-aa86-3e09a127bbaa
  3. Factory Reset failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset failure.: When i try to factory reset my pc it shows: dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.I dont now what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-failure/04beaa76-d2b8-4221-aa86-3e09a127bbaa
  4. Reset failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset failure: I’ve just done a reset on my Laptop but the battery died when it got to about 55% and now I’ve plugged it back in it just switches on starts loading and then completely switches off again and it’s been doing this continuously now for a while how do I fit it please?...
  5. Reset failure

Reset failure: I’ve just done a reset on my Laptop but the battery died when it got to about 55% and now I’ve plugged it back in it just switches on starts loading and then completely switches off again and it’s been doing this continuously now for a while how do I fit it please?...
  6. Reset failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Blue screen: driver power state failure after reseting network connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen: driver power state failure after reseting network connection.: Hello, I’ve run into the blue screen with the message: driver power state failure. This happened after I tried to restart my pc after reseting my network connection I didn’t and still don’t have access to the internet. After the blue screen pops up, I can use my pc normally,...
  8. Blue screen: driver power state failure after reseting network connection.

Blue screen: driver power state failure after reseting network connection.: Hello, I’ve run into the blue screen with the message: driver power state failure. This happened after I tried to restart my pc after reseting my network connection I didn’t and still don’t have access to the internet. After the blue screen pops up, I can use my pc normally,...
  9. Blue screen: driver power state failure after reseting network connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Failure to boot after Factory Reset

Failure to boot after Factory Reset: I recently obtained a PC tower from an acquaintance, but they failed to delete their information from it so I initiated a factory reset. The whole reset process took around 3 hours and after the PC itself reset, it has been stuck on the white wheel of spinning dots at the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reasons for reset pc failure