Windows 10: PC Reset issue

Discus and support PC Reset issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I recently chose to reset my pc but during the reinstallation of windows 10 it got stuck at 92%. Its been like this for 10 hours. Any help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CRD408, Sep 19, 2020.

1. CRD408 Win User

PC Reset issue

Hello I recently chose to reset my pc but during the reinstallation of windows 10 it got stuck at 92%. Its been like this for 10 hours. Any help?

:)

CRD408, Sep 19, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Ikaruga Win User

PC Reset issue

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

PC Reset issue

1. PC Reset issue - Similar Threads - Reset issue

2. Reset Issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Issue!: Hi I'm trying to do a factory reset on my Dell Computer because it has been slowing down massively lately even tho all my storage is practically clear! It is now stuck on this loop, how do I resolve this? If I click ok it tries to restart then this box appears again. I'm...
  3. Reset Issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Issue!: Hi I'm trying to do a factory reset on my Dell Computer because it has been slowing down massively lately even tho all my storage is practically clear! It is now stuck on this loop, how do I resolve this? If I click ok it tries to restart then this box appears again. I'm...
  4. Win11 reset issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 reset issue: So i just migrated from win10 to win11 by using an official .iso which i executed through the explorer. Then i noticed that i couldnt activate core isolation due to left-overs from old Razer drivers. I couldnt manage to trace the driver down through the device-manager or...
  5. Win11 reset issue

Win11 reset issue: So i just migrated from win10 to win11 by using an official .iso which i executed through the explorer. Then i noticed that i couldnt activate core isolation due to left-overs from old Razer drivers. I couldnt manage to trace the driver down through the device-manager or...
  6. Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.: Hello,Need your expertise, before I delete all partitions and reinstall windows 11 Pro from scratch.so.I read all the posts in regards to app/edge browser/ 3 dots both options to modify and the other one greyed out.No fix worked, registry fix, and the other one. So just went...
  7. Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.

Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.: Hello,Need your expertise, before I delete all partitions and reinstall windows 11 Pro from scratch.so.I read all the posts in regards to app/edge browser/ 3 dots both options to modify and the other one greyed out.No fix worked, registry fix, and the other one. So just went...
  8. I reseted my computer and having issues logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reseted my computer and having issues logging in.: When I try logging back in I get "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I tried everything in the advanced recovery. I reset it completely, system restore, startup settings and startup repair but didn't work....
  9. I reseted my computer and having issues logging in.

I reseted my computer and having issues logging in.: When I try logging back in I get "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I tried everything in the advanced recovery. I reset it completely, system restore, startup settings and startup repair but didn't work....
  10. I reseted my computer and having issues logging in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging