Windows 10: Pc reset refuses to work

Discus and support Pc reset refuses to work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ive been trying to reset my laptop but all my attempts have failed. Now my pc has glitched out and is stuck on the part with the spinning dots. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RyanHu 56, Sep 15, 2019.

1. RyanHu 56 Win User

Pc reset refuses to work

Ive been trying to reset my laptop but all my attempts have failed. Now my pc has glitched out and is stuck on the part with the spinning dots. The laptop will go to this part, shut off and redo i was wondering if i could perhaps reset from advanced startup?(i also have windows on a usb)

:)

RyanHu 56, Sep 15, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 15, 2019
  3. John Zab Win User
    Resetting my PC doesn't work

HI Benjamin,

To further isolate the issue regarding with resetting your PC, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which steps have you tried already?
    • Was there a specific error message?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Pc reset refuses to work

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Pc reset refuses to work

1. Pc reset refuses to work - Similar Threads - reset refuses

2. Laptop refuses to continue Windows reset after a power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop refuses to continue Windows reset after a power outage: As described in the title, I was trying to reset my Acer Predator Helios 300 2019 which came with Windows 10, and upgraded to 11. However, due to a power outage, the laptop powered off midway through the reset. Now, the laptop says that the reset cannot continue and to press...
  3. Laptop refuses to continue Windows reset after a power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop refuses to continue Windows reset after a power outage: As described in the title, I was trying to reset my Acer Predator Helios 300 2019 which came with Windows 10, and upgraded to 11. However, due to a power outage, the laptop powered off midway through the reset. Now, the laptop says that the reset cannot continue and to press...
  4. Windows 10 refusing to update or reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 refusing to update or reset: hi allfor the past few months I've had an issue where my win 10 PC refuses to install an update, it will download, pend restart, i would restart then it wouldn't install and just stay there.eventually, I'm now wanting to factory reset my C: drive however every way i have...
  5. Windows 10 refusing to update or reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 refusing to update or reset: hi allfor the past few months I've had an issue where my win 10 PC refuses to install an update, it will download, pend restart, i would restart then it wouldn't install and just stay there.eventually, I'm now wanting to factory reset my C: drive however every way i have...
  6. Windows 10 refusing to update or reset

7. Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset: I tried resetting my mecer notebook or laptop , it hasn't passed the stage of showing only the mecer screen when it's on. It says the mecer laptop ran into a problem, it will restart of which it's been stuck on the same issue. What do I do.?...
  8. Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset: I tried resetting my mecer notebook or laptop , it hasn't passed the stage of showing only the mecer screen when it's on. It says the mecer laptop ran into a problem, it will restart of which it's been stuck on the same issue. What do I do.?...
  9. Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset

10. My keyboard is refusing to type in the password or code to reset the password, wgat can l do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is refusing to type in the password or code to reset the password, wgat can l do?: Hello , it started like this, l switch on my laptop and when when l was about to enter my password, it says that l have to reset my password. So l clicked on reset password and it took me to Microsoft login page , so as l was trying to type in my password the keyboard was not...