Windows 10: PC Reset stuck on create a PIN

Discus and support PC Reset stuck on create a PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, I have just performed a PC reset in an attempt to fix an issue it seems to have completely failed to fix, and now I cannot access my PC at... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LillyHill1, Jul 29, 2020.

1. PC Reset stuck on create a PIN

Hi All,

I have just performed a PC reset in an attempt to fix an issue it seems to have completely failed to fix, and now I cannot access my PC at all. It has requested I create a PIN, but the on screen keyboard has been removed and it won't recognise the keyboard I am using right now on my other PC in order to type this.

I am now stuck, I cannot skip the step or set it up later, I cannot access the PC, I cannot set up a PIN, it is extremely frustrating and seems an unncessary step to make mandatory at this stage when I have just set a username and password.

Any recommendations please?

:)

LillyHill1, Jul 29, 2020

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jul 29, 2020
  4. PC Reset stuck on create a PIN

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

PC Reset stuck on create a PIN

1. PC Reset stuck on create a PIN - Similar Threads - Reset stuck create

2. Pc stuck resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck resetting: When I tried to reset my pc it’s stuck rebooting and I can’t get into safe mode, many different ways but I’m stuck on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-resetting/bbc1de83-7fa2-4ce7-a30c-205fdf2d0163
  3. Pc stuck resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck resetting: When I tried to reset my pc it’s stuck rebooting and I can’t get into safe mode, many different ways but I’m stuck on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-resetting/bbc1de83-7fa2-4ce7-a30c-205fdf2d0163
  4. Pc Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Factory reset stuck: Hey today i decided to factory reset my computer operating on Windows 10 but it has been stuck on 50 percent for over an hour already and in total it has been going for 4 hours, do i wait it out or will i need to do something?...
  5. Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop: Hello! I recently purchased a Langmuir CNC machine system and one of the steps is to log into a Microsoft account to access the application. As per the instructions included, I created a Microsoft account. After creating a login, it asks me to create a “Hello PIN” in the...
  6. Resetting this PC stuck at 37%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting this PC stuck at 37%: Hello I recently got an issue with my Laptop recently and it's that it says "resetting this pc 37% it has been like this for surely more than 8 hours maybe even 10. The disk icon is intermittent but I don't know if I should wait or try powering off my laptop and turn it on...
  7. Resetting this PC stuck at 37%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting this PC stuck at 37%: Hello I recently got an issue with my Laptop recently and it's that it says "resetting this pc 37% it has been like this for surely more than 8 hours maybe even 10. The disk icon is intermittent but I don't know if I should wait or try powering off my laptop and turn it on...
  8. Resetting PC stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting PC stuck: So I decided to try wiping my computer as I had it since 2017 and haven't cleaned my storage all too well so I decided to try to do a full wipe. I started the Reset and after a while I go check it and its stuck on 49%. Im not sure what to do....
  9. PC Stuck at the Create a pin "just a moment" Please i need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Stuck at the Create a pin "just a moment" Please i need help: So my PC is not responsive and doing things to reset it does not work either, So when i reset it the normal opening part comes in with the background wallpaper and all but when i click to type in my password to log in, Nothing is there its just the background blurred. The...
  10. Resetting this PC stuck at 29%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting this PC stuck at 29%: Hi I'm using windows 10 LTSC 17763.1397 x64. Im reset my pc with all drive option +Erase. Also I have 256gb ssd & 1tb hdd. And now Resetting this PC stuck on 29% in long hours. What should i do? submitted by /u/rrhyast [link] [comments]...