Windows 10: PC reset then It asked me to log in...

Discus and support PC reset then It asked me to log in... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't seem to log in to my PC. I completely reset it deleting anything and everything, but after it restarted it asked me to log in with a username... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnAguilar1, Dec 1, 2018.

1. PC reset then It asked me to log in...

I can't seem to log in to my PC. I completely reset it deleting anything and everything, but after it restarted it asked me to log in with a username and password. I tried just entering nothing or putting my email then entering nothing for password and I've tried logging in using my Microsoft account email and password but did not work. Then I tried to hold shift and restart to the admin thing and put a new password and username but it said I cant do anything because theres no admin account. I seriously dont know what else to do. Help please!

:)

JohnAguilar1, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Ikaruga Win User

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Dec 1, 2018
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 1, 2018
  4. PC reset then It asked me to log in...

Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

PC reset then It asked me to log in...

1. PC reset then It asked me to log in... - Similar Threads - reset asked log

2. Windows 10 reset asking me to log in to my MS account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reset asking me to log in to my MS account.: I'm gifting a windows 10 PC to my brother, and intend to unlink the device from my MS account. However I am in the middle of a reset at the point where the new windows installation is asking to be configured. The computer is asking me to log into my MS account, but the whole...
  3. Windows 10 reset asking me to log in to my MS account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 reset asking me to log in to my MS account.: I'm gifting a windows 10 PC to my brother, and intend to unlink the device from my MS account. However I am in the middle of a reset at the point where the new windows installation is asking to be configured. The computer is asking me to log into my MS account, but the whole...
  4. Windows 10 reset asking me to log in to my MS account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin?

How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin?: Due to a long and series of unfortunate events, I have somehow locked myself out of my computer. I am rather upset, as it seems the pin function was somehow reset. Now I have to log into a Microsoft account, which the email for that account was deleted. Old school email. How...
  6. Askes me to ask a parent to download when im logged in as the parent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Askes me to ask a parent to download when im logged in as the parent: I'm trying to download a game from the microsoft store and it askes me to ask a parent if i can get it when im logged in as and administrator and the parent....
  7. Askes me to ask a parent to download when im logged in as the parent

Askes me to ask a parent to download when im logged in as the parent: I'm trying to download a game from the microsoft store and it askes me to ask a parent if i can get it when im logged in as and administrator and the parent....
  8. Windows ask me 2fa to log me in after the 20H2 patch

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows ask me 2fa to log me in after the 20H2 patch: Since I updated my main PC to windows 10 20H2 I need to enter 2fa to log me in. I got other computer but only this one ask it. The other PC got the password field and they log me in normally. My main PC I need to click on Connection. A popup appear I enter my password and my...
  9. Factory reset but it’s asking me to sign in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset but it’s asking me to sign in: I factory reset my pc but now it’s asking me to sign in. I don’t understand. Shouldn’t it have wiped out all users and start by me creating a new user? I can’t log in to the computer as I don’t have the information to. What do I do? submitted by /u/Wooplez [link]...
  10. Reset pc, wont let me log in as administrator.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset pc, wont let me log in as administrator.: Hello, My computer had a lot of junk on it and it was clogging up hard drive space. This made me decide to reset it as if it was new again.this has all gone fine until the last part. Its all done and when its about to go into the home screen to log me in for the first...