Windows 10: PC resetting but not full reboot

Discus and support PC resetting but not full reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I need help its driving me crazy trying to figure it out. I have 2 PCs the same age the same hardware the same updates, but this one is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BunSlayer, Feb 4, 2020.

1. BunSlayer Win User

PC resetting but not full reboot

Hello,

I need help its driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

I have 2 PCs the same age the same hardware the same updates, but this one is having problems.

I have been having a issue I can not track down, it doesn't create error codes, It doesn't create a error report. My PC blinks, hiccup. Everything refreshes briefly. Happens about every 15 - 20 minutes the monitors refresh, if I am surfing the web or watching a movie the browser refreshes, takes me to the top of the page. If I am watching a movie from my external hard drive or my Optical drive I have it freezes the screen, but its momentary. I can hear it reset inside the PC, the drive as if its doing a soft boot. It doesn't fully reset. its brief only lasting .5 to 1 second. It doesn't go through the bios sequence. At first i thought it was my power supply. I changed the power supply. Next I thought maybe it was my GPU. I ran GPUZ its doing what its suppose to be doing, ran a stress test, getting great frame rates and score is where it was last month.

I did a roll back to January 15th, its as far back as my dates go. I think its the OS or possibly a problem with a update. The problem began about the end of 2019.

Do I need to remove Windows Pro and do a fresh install?

Can I remove an update to before the November 2019 patches ?

:)

BunSlayer, Feb 4, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Feb 4, 2020
  4. PC resetting but not full reboot

Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

PC resetting but not full reboot

1. PC resetting but not full reboot - Similar Threads - resetting full reboot

2. Full reset broke pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full reset broke pc: Tried to do a full reset on my pc as I’m selling it but now it says user service can’t load, I’ve tried following some guides but I can’t even load up safe mode on the pc as it takes ages and then it’s just a white screen so I have no idea what I’m meant to do now...
  3. Full reset broke pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full reset broke pc: Tried to do a full reset on my pc as I’m selling it but now it says user service can’t load, I’ve tried following some guides but I can’t even load up safe mode on the pc as it takes ages and then it’s just a white screen so I have no idea what I’m meant to do now...
  4. Full reset broke pc

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Reset PC not full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset PC not full: Trying to reset my PC to donate it to my cousin however it will only give me 100 percent of status and after restart nothing is reset. I can see all the apps installed and files in my computer as if nothing happens. The reset takes time to finish and I cant afford to do it...
  6. Reset PC not full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset PC not full: Trying to reset my PC to donate it to my cousin however it will only give me 100 percent of status and after restart nothing is reset. I can see all the apps installed and files in my computer as if nothing happens. The reset takes time to finish and I cant afford to do it...
  7. Reset PC not full

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My PC won't reboot after reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC won't reboot after reset: After reset my PC windows 10 it won't reboot .I try many times but it keeps showing :"the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an expected error.windows installation cannot proceed.to install windows click ok to restart the PC and...
  9. C drive full, Can't reset PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive full, Can't reset PC: My local Disk C: has about 27GB of space, It only has around 2.3GB free after spending a long time deleting as many things as I could from this laptop. I noticed that the thing taking up so much space over 20GB is a folder labeled 'Windows', which I can't delete any files...
  10. PC stuck at rebooting during full reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck at rebooting during full reset: I had to reset my PC due to some problems with my drivers... I selected that everything should be reset, all drives and files. I then pressed on "reset" and then I had to wait for it to reach 100%. When the window reached 100% my PC automatically restarted. Now I'm stuck at...