Windows 10: PC restart on clicking shutdown weird problem

Discus and support PC restart on clicking shutdown weird problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop showed this weird problem of rebooting within 5 seconds of clicking shut down.As usual I looked up and tried to follow all possible fixes but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PRAKHAR JOSHI, Jun 17, 2021.

1. PC restart on clicking shutdown weird problem

My laptop showed this weird problem of rebooting within 5 seconds of clicking shut down.As usual I looked up and tried to follow all possible fixes but none of them seemed to workBelow are the fixes I attempted1 Turning Off all services clean boot environment to identify which driver is causing it2 Checking that fast startup is disabled It already was3 Updating Drivers4 Updating Bios5 Power troubleshooting6 Ticking of restart pc after system crash in advance system settings7 Updating Windows From Media Creation8 Setting PowerDownAfterShutdown In regedit to 19 Made Sure that none o

:)

PRAKHAR JOSHI, Jun 17, 2021

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Senarium Win User
    Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Jun 17, 2021
  4. PC restart on clicking shutdown weird problem

little cat, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

PC restart on clicking shutdown weird problem

1. PC restart on clicking shutdown weird problem - Similar Threads - restart clicking shutdown

2. Shutdown and Restart Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown and Restart Problem: I have Asus vivobook 14. I tried to dual boot ubuntu alongside windows 10 on it. But the installation failed. After that, shutdown and Restart took way too long. For shutdown, the screen turn off but the power indicator turn off after a minute or two. And when I restart the...
  3. Shutdown and Restart Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown and Restart Problem: I have Asus vivobook 14. I tried to dual boot ubuntu alongside windows 10 on it. But the installation failed. After that, shutdown and Restart took way too long. For shutdown, the screen turn off but the power indicator turn off after a minute or two. And when I restart the...
  4. Win10 weird shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 weird shutdown problem: Hey guys, I'm having this weird bug since a while. Everytime I press shut down nothing happens till 5-20 minutes later when it finally shows the shutdown screen. Did any of you encounter this or know how to fix it? I have the 64 bit educational version. Thanks in advance....
  5. PC won’t shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won’t shutdown/restart: I don’t know if this has to do with a new windows update but recently my PC doesn’t fully shutdown or restart. When doing so, it prompts the usual “shutting down...” or “restarting...” for a lot longer than it normally does. Then, my monitors turn off but the tower stays on,...
  6. Computer restart although a click on shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restart although a click on shutdown: If I click on Shut down (see attached picture) my computer restarts. Do you know how can I solve this? 135013
  7. PC SHUTDOWN PROBLEM!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC SHUTDOWN PROBLEM!: Hello, i am a new windows user... i brought my pc [ DELL ] about 4 months ago.... it has WINDOWS 10 PRO op. sys. As a gamer i like to play many games.. all of them were working fine for me... but i found a problem when i installed a gaming emulator..... whenever i open...
  8. Weird Restart Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Restart Problem: So, restarting your computer is vital for refreshing it and to apply changes to something you've made to or whatever. The thing is, if I restart my pc, it'll show that restart screen and I literally don't see the dot animation above the "Restarting" text and it will NEVER...
  9. Laptop shutdown/restarting problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shutdown/restarting problems.: Hi, so whenever I shutdown my computer Start > Shutdown, fans, LEDs stay on most of the time but sometimes it turns off completely. Or, when I restart my computer Start > Restart, it doesn't restart but shutdowns. I don't know what to do, Fast Startup is turned off, all...
  10. Problems with the Restart and Shutdown Buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with the Restart and Shutdown Buttons: Good morning everyone, I have an Hp running Win10 Pro. When I want to shutdown or restart, The buttons don't seem to work. I end up doing a "hard" shutdown. Has anyone experienced that and if you have, how do you fix it? Thank you in advance for any help I receive on this....