Windows 10: PC Restart

Discus and support PC Restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had a problem with restarting my PC. I would click Start, click Restart, PC would show "Restarting" then go black then show power save message and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnWendorff, Aug 24, 2019.

1. PC Restart

I had a problem with restarting my PC. I would click Start, click Restart, PC would show "Restarting" then go black then show power save message and return to black and stop. PC stays on, screen black. Forced to power down and back up to reboot. Tried several things to fix over about 1 year (off and on). Finally was browsing through drivers and saw one for "BACKUP" which rang a tiny bell that I may have turned on backup about same time as the restart problem began.

Uninstalled BACKUP driver and now restart works fine.

:)

JohnWendorff, Aug 24, 2019

2. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

PC Restart [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

PC Restart [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Aug 24, 2019
  4. PC Restart

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

PC Restart

1. PC Restart - Similar Threads - Restart

2. Pc randomly restarts during windows setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc randomly restarts during windows setup: I've had this pc for 3 years no problem and now it restarts when turning on pc. I thought at first it was the ssd so I replaced that and its still happening. My pc will start up fine but it says there's issues with windows and when I troubleshoot it through the usb with...
  3. Pc randomly restarts during windows setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly restarts during windows setup: I've had this pc for 3 years no problem and now it restarts when turning on pc. I thought at first it was the ssd so I replaced that and its still happening. My pc will start up fine but it says there's issues with windows and when I troubleshoot it through the usb with...
  4. Walked away from computer and when i came back it and woke it up with mouse it restarted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Walked away from computer and when i came back it and woke it up with mouse it restarted...: Walked away from my computer for a few minutes and came back to my monitors asleep and when I woke the computer started up like I just had turned it on so it must've crashedHere is minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFYNxBj2A8qzL1eI4ikwgfswwYCIezjx/view?usp=sharing...
  5. Walked away from computer and when i came back it and woke it up with mouse it restarted...

Walked away from computer and when i came back it and woke it up with mouse it restarted...: Walked away from my computer for a few minutes and came back to my monitors asleep and when I woke the computer started up like I just had turned it on so it must've crashedHere is minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFYNxBj2A8qzL1eI4ikwgfswwYCIezjx/view?usp=sharing...
  6. Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.: Hello, I recently built my own PC, it worked well for a week and then it suddenly restarted and booted in the recovery environment. I already tried to fully delete windows from the drive and reinstall it using a USB flash drive. Also all the functions in the recovery tab do...
  7. Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.

Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.: Hello, I recently built my own PC, it worked well for a week and then it suddenly restarted and booted in the recovery environment. I already tried to fully delete windows from the drive and reinstall it using a USB flash drive. Also all the functions in the recovery tab do...
  8. Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....: I am finally reaching out to anyone who can help me. I've had a laptop for a year and it just won't stay on. Sometimes I get a BSOD and sometimes it just restarts. I've looked through event viewer and it's either giving no information or it's just beyond my scope. If I...
  10. Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....: I am finally reaching out to anyone who can help me. I've had a laptop for a year and it just won't stay on. Sometimes I get a BSOD and sometimes it just restarts. I've looked through event viewer and it's either giving no information or it's just beyond my scope. If I...