Windows 10: Pc restarted by itself. Gave this message on event viewer. Happened the other day as well....

Discus and support Pc restarted by itself. Gave this message on event viewer. Happened the other day as well.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/andrewandersen8 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/andrewandersen8, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Pc restarted by itself. Gave this message on event viewer. Happened the other day as well....

/u/andrewandersen8, Aug 4, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

PC restarted by itself when it was idle how can i check why in

Hi, as I said, predicting the relevant event id's for a restart that occurred for unknown reasons is not straightforward. Try searching for 'What is the event id for a restart' for example, and you'll see what I mean.

I can only suggest you inspect the events around the period of interest , looking for a log off, shut down, restart... and if necessary using the link I posted to identify them. Trying to work out why a PC restarted just from the event viewer could be extremely time consuming, depending on the number of events.

If you're lucky and there are few, then it may be feasible to discover something.

First you'd need a list in time order - note that if you simply open the Event Viewer, the reports are categorised,which make tracking something through time impossible. as you know the time period, you could try this:

Pc restarted by itself. Gave this message on event viewer. Happened the other day as well.... [​IMG]

But easier is to get this free program (title top left) which lists events in order:

Pc restarted by itself. Gave this message on event viewer. Happened the other day as well.... [​IMG]

Much easier: look at your update history for that day: does it show an update being applied? If so, what is it? Does that update require a restart?

dalchina, Aug 4, 2020
  3. EarthDog Win User
    Can somebody with nvidia gpu force manually restart pc and then check event viewer,for me?

Not sure. I haven't seen the that thread...

However, if anyone didn't catch it (I didn't, surprisingly - reported his dupe, and Tatty smelled it before I did), this is our good friend sew333/litwicki24/sde44 etc etc... Jump out of the rinse and repeat cycle boys.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...hen-check-event-viewer-fo&p=625217#post625217
    https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-cras...gpu-force-manually-restart-pc-then-check.html
    And the nail in the coffin - http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...ually-restart-pc-then-check-event-viewer.html

EarthDog, Aug 4, 2020
  4. spike47 Win User

Pc restarted by itself. Gave this message on event viewer. Happened the other day as well....

Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Pc restarted by itself. Gave this message on event viewer. Happened the other day as well....

1. Pc restarted by itself. Gave this message on event viewer. Happened the other day as well.... - Similar Threads - restarted itself Gave

2. Event viewer message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer message: Can anybody please explain this message.Is it important, and if so, how to fix?Message appears every day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-message/0df78dd4-7476-42dd-81aa-9a9e8e46ed69
  3. Event viewer message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer message: Can anybody please explain this message.Is it important, and if so, how to fix?Message appears every day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-message/0df78dd4-7476-42dd-81aa-9a9e8e46ed69
  4. Event viewer message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Restart Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restart Itself: We have IPC from Beckhoff installed on our folding MachinePC restart itself without any permission during the normal operation of machine one surprising scenerio is occuring here The Scenerio is that "the pc restart itself only when we switch ON the power after one or two...
  6. Warning messages in Event Viewer: JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat

Warning messages in Event Viewer: JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat: Why am I getting the following warnings in Event Viewer and how can I fix this? svchost 3948,D,12 SRUJet: The database format feature version 9080 0x2378 could not be used due to the current database format 1568.20.0, controlled by the parameter 0x410022D8 8920...
  7. Event viewer error message

Event viewer error message: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000006000, 0xffff800fdf8c68e0, 0xffffffffc0000225, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: aa93d767-cdf9-4308-8724-20e4c099006c. Help, my computer has been...
  8. ESENT Messages in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    ESENT Messages in Event Viewer: A week ago I saw some ESENT messages in Event Viewer. I don't have a clue what this stuff is about so I gave up on it and hoped it wouldn't be a problem. Today there are more messages, and the more I clicked around in Event Viewer the more messages were created. If all else...
  9. Multiple error messages in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Multiple error messages in Event Viewer: I fnd that I have the same error message appearing at about 10 second intervals (on one occasion over 21000 were logged). Details below: Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 22/01/2016 15:32:30 Event ID: 490 Task Category: (1) Level: Error Keywords: Classic...
  10. PC Restarting by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Restarting by itself: Hi my PC had started rebooting without any user input, this seems to be happening only when the PC is not in use. I'll leave the PC with a browser window up or just on the desktop and when I come back a while later it is at the login screen. As far as I can tell...