Windows 10: PC Restarted, Kernel Power in event log and no minidump

Discus and support PC Restarted, Kernel Power in event log and no minidump in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC randomly restarted after few hours. I tried to enable the minidump but nothing happen. In the event view log, I found a kernel power event when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by phamlehieu, Jan 2, 2019.

1. PC Restarted, Kernel Power in event log and no minidump

My PC randomly restarted after few hours. I tried to enable the minidump but nothing happen. In the event view log, I found a kernel power event when the system restarted. Any ideas about the problem with my pc *cry*cry ?

Specs of my PC:
    • Gigabyte B360M Aorus Gaming 3
    • Intel I3-8100
    • 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX bus 2666 cas 16
    • Samsung SSD 860 EVO (500GB)
    • Gigabyte RX580 Gaming 8G
    • Intel 7260 Wifi & Bluetooth Card
    • Windows 10 Pro 64bit - build 1809

DESKTOP-L7A0U25-02-Jan-19_224454_05.zip

:)

phamlehieu, Jan 2, 2019

2. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jan 2, 2019
  3. SethKnows Win User
    New PC randomly restarting, Event 41 Kernel Power

Hi everyone, I'm back again and I've built a new PC. Still having bad luck with computers I guess. System specs are listed on my profile. I've been having problems with my pc restarting, event log shows Event 41 Kernel Power. It happens while playing Dead Space 3 within 5 minutes, but happens during other games occasionally. I thought it was software, until it started happening in my bios within a few seconds. I've tested the ram, switched both sticks, put them in different slots, etc. I've disabled all power saving options and nothing is overclocked. Usually it's random but I can trigger it in the bios and while playing Dead Space 3. I unplugged the reset wire to see if there was a short but it didn't work. This is the same PSU from my last build though, so I'm not sure if that's the problem. There's no way it can be software, right? If it's happening before the OS even loads. I also unplugged my SSD and HDD and still no luck. I'm not sure what else to do except RMA the mobo and/or the PSU.

SethKnows, Jan 2, 2019
  4. PC Restarted, Kernel Power in event log and no minidump

New PC randomly restarting, Event 41 Kernel Power

Is it shuting down or does it restart? cause I already seen restart with Kernel power event, and the faulty was nVidia/amd driver or VGA card..

P.S. as for vcore, if it is set to auto, with turbo boost, it can go up to 1.2v easy. In that case maybe disable turbo to see the real temp.. but 85C not overclock, is still too much..

ChristTheGreat, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

PC Restarted, Kernel Power in event log and no minidump

1. PC Restarted, Kernel Power in event log and no minidump - Similar Threads - Restarted Kernel Power

2. Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event 4163

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event 4163: how do i find the cause of this, and how do i fix the problemas i have experience this 5 times in a week. it always happen suddenly without warning. even when there are no hard processing software such as only opening google chrome.my spec are : AMD ryzen 7 6800HS Memory 16GB...
  3. Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event 4163

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event 4163: how do i find the cause of this, and how do i fix the problemas i have experience this 5 times in a week. it always happen suddenly without warning. even when there are no hard processing software such as only opening google chrome.my spec are : AMD ryzen 7 6800HS Memory 16GB...
  4. PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power: HI there, I am having an issue with my PC randomly restarting every so often but it does not go to a blue screen, it just restarts and boots back up into Windows fine. When I check the event log after the random restart I get the error code 41 kernel-power. I have the system...
  5. PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power

PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power: HI there, I am having an issue with my PC randomly restarting every so often but it does not go to a blue screen, it just restarts and boots back up into Windows fine. When I check the event log after the random restart I get the error code 41 kernel-power. I have the system...
  6. PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Event ID 41 Kernel-Power crash/restart new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 41 Kernel-Power crash/restart new PC: Hi allI am using a new prebuilt cyberpowerPC linked here https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-master-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-5600g-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-6600-xt-500gb-ssd-black/6479741.p?skuId=6479741 that I bought because of the part shortage and needing a...
  8. Event ID 41 Kernel-Power crash/restart new PC

Event ID 41 Kernel-Power crash/restart new PC: Hi allI am using a new prebuilt cyberpowerPC linked here https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-master-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-5600g-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-6600-xt-500gb-ssd-black/6479741.p?skuId=6479741 that I bought because of the part shortage and needing a...
  9. Computer Restarting - Event 41 Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Restarting - Event 41 Kernel Power: Windows Version 20H2 Hey all! So ever since I replaced my GTX 570 with a 970 I've been having some hiccups. I have another post related to more of the process of installing the 970 but it got off topic so I thought I'd start a new one since the circumstances have changed...
  10. Kernel-Power Event

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power Event: I've been having BSOD issues with my system ever since I made it. It seems to come up once every couple of weeks. So far I've re-seated the RAM, run chkdsk, and sfc. My drivers are up to date. Here's the event view of the most recent BSOD. - <Event...