Windows 10: PC restarted mid BIOS update now wont boot.

Discus and support PC restarted mid BIOS update now wont boot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Will the windows 10 ISO from Microsoft boot my PC after I accidently restarted it during a BIOS update or do I have to use the windows 10 image from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by artislee, Apr 7, 2017.

1. artislee Win User

PC restarted mid BIOS update now wont boot.

Will the windows 10 ISO from Microsoft boot my PC after I accidently restarted it during a BIOS update or do I have to use the windows 10 image from DELL that they say I must and that I cant get to download completely?

:)

artislee, Apr 7, 2017

2. update kb 3199209

PC is now restarting on its own when I'm in mid work. No warning. No permission asked. Mid email or doc it restarts and anything I had been working on is gone when it boots back up.

CrissyJohnston, Apr 7, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Bricked PC

Mid-install of fall creator's update, as part of the install process my PC restarted itself but was unable to boot back up. Just a white dash underscore on a otherwise black screen. I left it for a while but nothing else happened. I tried turning it off
    and on multiple times but always the same. I cannot access or even see the 'BIOS' / boot options screen. My USB ports are not powering up. My CD drive does not spin up at all. The HDD is not spinning at all.

I am quite shocked that this has happened. Up until now my PC has been working well and is only 18 months old.

thealexweb, Apr 7, 2017
  4. artislee Win User

I'm sorry its a dell inspiron 3650 desktop PC.

artislee, Apr 7, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you interrupted it during the flashing of a bios upgrade then you are probably looking at a motherboard replacement, unless you can replace the bios chip. What happens when you turn the computer on now? What error do you get?

NavyLCDR, Apr 7, 2017
  6. dimar Win User
    dimar, Apr 7, 2017
  7. artislee Win User
    Thanks for all the advice thankfully I was able to get everything going again with the windows 10 ISO downloaded from microsoft plus I dont have all the extra Dell stuff that they add. I'M not sure exactly what was the problem but I do know it stemmed from restarting during the bios upgrade. Any ways thanks again

artislee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC restarted mid BIOS update now wont boot. - Similar Threads - restarted mid BIOS

2. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...
  3. My pc wont boot into windows or bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc wont boot into windows or bios: Hello yesterday i was going To trouble shoot To windows ten i normally cliked it so it would boot into windows, but the problem is it didnt it goed straight To some black screen where it says "secure boot violation" the it says ok and i press it then it says error nothing To...
  4. My pc wont boot into windows or bios

My pc wont boot into windows or bios: Hello yesterday i was going To trouble shoot To windows ten i normally cliked it so it would boot into windows, but the problem is it didnt it goed straight To some black screen where it says "secure boot violation" the it says ok and i press it then it says error nothing To...
  5. My pc wont boot into windows or bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Pc wont boot to bios after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc wont boot to bios after BSOD: So had this build about 2 years and recently updated to Windows 11. Had blue screen error and now unable to boot the pc. Screen is off no signal no power to keyboard or mouse. Tried removing ram and resetting the CMOS jumper and battery. Tried using the integrated gpu but...
  7. Pc wont boot to bios after BSOD

Pc wont boot to bios after BSOD: So had this build about 2 years and recently updated to Windows 11. Had blue screen error and now unable to boot the pc. Screen is off no signal no power to keyboard or mouse. Tried removing ram and resetting the CMOS jumper and battery. Tried using the integrated gpu but...
  8. PC Freezung and restarting mid-game

PC Freezung and restarting mid-game: Hi, mid game my screen will display a frozen screen of random colors and either freezes or restarts my pc. Here are the reports Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎7/‎27/‎2020 4:16 PM Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to...
  9. Pc wont boot wont BIOS after BSOD

Pc wont boot wont BIOS after BSOD: Hi my pc is a win10 machine it seemed to break last night bios while trying to restore it as it was corrupt, bios and before that the startup had 2 PEs n I was trying to get Ted of disk genius PE to leave MACRIUMs PE, n said it was restoring BIOS from the backup GIGABYTE...
  10. PC locks up then wont boot to bios

PC locks up then wont boot to bios: Hi My PC keeps locking up and when it dose the screen is frozen but I can still hear the sound, the only way to fix it is by turning the power off in my pc, when I do this and boot it back up the bios screen doesn't even show up and I need to reset it several times before...