Windows 10: PC restarting automatically

Discus and support PC restarting automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear, Kindly check the below error screen short. I did troubleshooting: I removed all drivers and installed updated drivers, diagnosed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MohammadTabrez1, Nov 23, 2019.

1. PC restarting automatically

Dear,

Kindly check the below error screen short.

I did troubleshooting:

I removed all drivers and installed updated drivers, diagnosed Computer, checked the ram, Even though I am facing the same problem. kindly need your support and reply in this regards.

As I mentioned " Your PC ran in a problem and need to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then you can restart"

PC restarting automatically [​IMG]

:)

MohammadTabrez1, Nov 23, 2019

2. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 PC restarts automatically

Hi Davis,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Does this issue happen after a certain interval of time?
    • Does this issue arise when opening applications?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to:

• Application conflicts.
    • Driver conflicts.
    • Virus attacks.
    • Hardware failure.
    • Corrupted system memory.
    I suggest you to check the Event Viewer and check what’s happening on the computer when the system restarts.

Event viewer-- What is going on
    in your computer

Also please follow the below steps and check if the automatically
    restart the computer
    option is turned on during system failure.

• Press Windows key + R and type sysdm.cpl
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Settings button under
      'Startup and Recovery'
    • check Automatically restart option is been checked.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 23, 2019
  4. PC restarting automatically

Automatic Restart

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you turn on the automatic restart using command prompt. However, you need to access the
    Startup settings. On some Windows 10 computer, pressing
    F11
    once a computer boots up will bring the System Recovery menu. We suggest that you check if it's the same on your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Turn on your computer, then press F11 simultaneously.
    • If a blue screen with Choose an option shows up, click on
      Troubleshoot
    • Look for Advanced options, then click on Command Prompt.
    • On the command prompt, type this in "wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = True".
    • Once done, click the "X" at the top right of the screen.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We would appreciate it if you'd provide a screenshot of the command prompt.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

PC restarting automatically

1. PC restarting automatically - Similar Threads - restarting automatically

2. My laptop restart automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop restart automatically: Hi Team,It's been 4-5 months. i'm facing this issue.When i open 3-4 tabs in google chrome. After sometime, my laptop restart automatically.I have update my graphic card driver.But i couldn'd find any solution as of now.Kindly help me asap....
  3. My laptop restart automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop restart automatically: Hi Team,It's been 4-5 months. i'm facing this issue.When i open 3-4 tabs in google chrome. After sometime, my laptop restart automatically.I have update my graphic card driver.But i couldn'd find any solution as of now.Kindly help me asap....
  4. How can I find/prevent automatic computer restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find/prevent automatic computer restart?: Hello I recently joined the IT department as a technician, I have laptops HP ProBook 455 G7 that automatically restart during use and close all applications. I use Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.I've even disabled automatic restart on system error in settings but it still hasn't...
  5. How can I find/prevent automatic computer restart?

How can I find/prevent automatic computer restart?: Hello I recently joined the IT department as a technician, I have laptops HP ProBook 455 G7 that automatically restart during use and close all applications. I use Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.I've even disabled automatic restart on system error in settings but it still hasn't...
  6. Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...: Hello. I have a laptop that I use at work for a single automated email process, so I need to have Outlook open all the time. I've got Outlook in my Startup folder, so when the automated Windows updates happen and a restart occurs, Outlook opens as it should. But when there...
  7. Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...

Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...: Hello. I have a laptop that I use at work for a single automated email process, so I need to have Outlook open all the time. I've got Outlook in my Startup folder, so when the automated Windows updates happen and a restart occurs, Outlook opens as it should. But when there...
  8. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  9. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  10. My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds: As it restarts automatically. I can't complete the shift + f10 method. After writing regedit and browsing to to setup or status it just turns off...