Windows 10: PC Restarting by itself

Discus and support PC Restarting by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi my PC had started rebooting without any user input, this seems to be happening only when the PC is not in use. I'll leave the PC with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daniellouwrens, Dec 15, 2016.

1. PC Restarting by itself

Hi

my PC had started rebooting without any user input, this seems to be happening only when the PC is not in use.

I'll leave the PC with a browser window up or just on the desktop and when I come back a while later
    it is at the login screen.
    As far as I can tell this happens about 20 minutes after I have left it.
    Other than this the PC seems to be working well.

I had a look in event manager and found a recent error dialogue, it
    read

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e
    (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8057b1438e4, 0xffffb7011a6872b8,
    0xffffb7011a686ae0). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report
    Id: 6be9570e-5a88-4b28-ae21-653fc91f78b5.

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly"

Any ideas on why this is happening and what I can do about it.

:)

daniellouwrens, Dec 15, 2016

2. phone restarting by itself

I have a Microsoft 950xl that will not stop restarting on its own. No sd card. No WiFi in use. Did factory restart, no result. Can't get anyone on the phone about this. I am losing out in life. Thinking of approaching this with a lawyer. I feel like I
    was scammed by Microsoft. Can anyone heeeeeellllllllppppp?!?!

ahmedcarroll, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Nokia N82 restarting by itself

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it I'll ley you know if this procedure is effective. good lord, i almost didn't open this account for almost a month..

gadget_lover, Dec 15, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

PC Restarting by itself

Have you more than one AV installed, for example MBAM and Hitman Pro or any other third party, beside your main AV?
    I had the same problem as you.....mine was rectified by uninstalling Hitman Pro.

dencal, Dec 15, 2016
  5. Hi

I have MBAM pro and Defender.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Dec 16, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    My problem was my computer was not cleanly shutting down....same as yours but perhaps for a different reason.
    My anti-virus being Avira, added to with Mbam and Mbae.
    Installed Hitman Pro Alert as Avira flagged an infection.
    Found that each time I turned off computer it restarted on its own, reason Hitman Pro Alert was still running.
    Removing it solved problem.

Just a suggestion.....try disabling MBAM pro to see if it solves your problem....you can always turn it on again.

dencal, Dec 16, 2016
  7. Okay, I'll get back to you

8. PC Restarting by itself

Hi

I tried it but it did not work, the PC restarted on it's own about 60 minutes after
    I shut MBAM down.

BTW, my PC does shut down completely when I shut it down.

Cheers

Daniel

9. dencal Win User
    Try this Daniel....open Settings, type power as shown in box, and try adjusting the following....see attachment

dencal, Dec 16, 2016
  10. Hi

as far as I can see there is no option in power plans settings that call for the PC to reboot itself under any or specific conditions.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Dec 17, 2016
  11. Bree New Member
    Your PC is rebooting from a Bugcheck, otherwise known as the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This is because a fatal error has occurred. It is something else that's being called for, the reboot is a side effect of it crashing. This could be a BSOD on trying to go to sleep, something that may well be called for after 20 minutes of inactivity.

12. Hi

all relevant options are set to turn off "Never" so BSOD seems likely but not because of inactivity.. I think.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Dec 18, 2016
  13. PC Restarting by itself

Could I suggest that you set your system to not auto restart after a BSOD. You can then get information about driver or dll that Windows believes took it out. Nirsoft BluesecreenView may also shed some light on this.

To change auto restart behavior, Control Panel, System and Security, System, on left Advance System Settings, Startup and Recovery, Settings, Uncheck box for Automatically restart. While you are there you can change to a mini dump which I believe BlueScreenView requires.

If you set automatic restart to off you will have to power down and then power on to initiate boot. If system has reset button that will also start boot.

You will see a BSOD Crashes and Debugging section in forum. There are some specific posting requirements in a sticky should the issue persist.

Caledon Ken, Dec 19, 2016
  14. Hi

sorry it took so long to get back to you, your advice is good, I will do as you say in a couple of days.

The PC was sent out for repair and seemed okay, no restarts for a few days then they started again.

At the moment I am testing to see if it is a software issue, I have cloned the drive onto a backup drive
    and installed Vista to see if it still happens, so far so good after a day.

I'm not real hopeful but we shall see.

Regards

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Jan 1, 2017
  15. Hi

Thank you so much for your input, it was 100% the right thing to do, I loaded back the original OS, changed the BSOD to stop,
    and within an hour the BSOD showed the problem, it was a graphics driver issue, I could have kicked myself because when I had more time to focus "reinstall the Graphics Driver" was always the first thing I did when I had a problem with any of my PC's or Laptops, and it usually worked.

I have put up with this issue, paid money to have it fixed, without success, all because I did not follow my own rules.

The PC has been running now for 14 hours without a restart, if it happens again I will replace the card but I think it will all be okay.

Thanks again.

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Jan 2, 2017
Thema:

PC Restarting by itself

1. PC Restarting by itself - Similar Threads - Restarting itself

2. Windows 11 new PC keeps restarting by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 new PC keeps restarting by itself.: I've been having random restart issues since October of last year with this new PC that I bought in September. I sent it back to the manufacturer for repairs and was told that they replaced the power supply and GPU and just got it back in the mail a week ago. Today it...
  3. Windows 11 new PC keeps restarting by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 new PC keeps restarting by itself.: I've been having random restart issues since October of last year with this new PC that I bought in September. I sent it back to the manufacturer for repairs and was told that they replaced the power supply and GPU and just got it back in the mail a week ago. Today it...
  4. Windows 11 Home PC keeps restarting by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home PC keeps restarting by itself.: I've been having random restart issues since October of last year with this new PC that I bought in September. I sent it back to the manufacturer for repairs and was told that they replaced the power supply and GPU and just got it back in the mail a week ago. Today it...
  5. Windows 11 Home PC keeps restarting by itself.

Windows 11 Home PC keeps restarting by itself.: I've been having random restart issues since October of last year with this new PC that I bought in September. I sent it back to the manufacturer for repairs and was told that they replaced the power supply and GPU and just got it back in the mail a week ago. Today it...
  6. my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...: laptop is only two years old but the shift key now comes on without me pressing it and i cannot get rid of it without restarting my laptop is there a quick fix as i am pretty sure its not the fault of sticky keys...
  7. my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...

my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...: laptop is only two years old but the shift key now comes on without me pressing it and i cannot get rid of it without restarting my laptop is there a quick fix as i am pretty sure its not the fault of sticky keys...
  8. I am greeting 6062-Lso was triggered on my intel wireless AC-9560. It restarts by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am greeting 6062-Lso was triggered on my intel wireless AC-9560. It restarts by itself: My laptop shutdown by itself . I am using windows 11 internet wireless AC-9560. Getting error 6062 also was triggered.Activation permission for the COM server application withCLSID...
  9. I am greeting 6062-Lso was triggered on my intel wireless AC-9560. It restarts by itself

I am greeting 6062-Lso was triggered on my intel wireless AC-9560. It restarts by itself: My laptop shutdown by itself . I am using windows 11 internet wireless AC-9560. Getting error 6062 also was triggered.Activation permission for the COM server application withCLSID...
  10. Factory reset itself and bought all file back after i restart my pc 2 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset itself and bought all file back after i restart my pc 2 times: idk how it happened but im just curious why my files got away and came back after i turned it on after committing 2 restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-itself-and-bought-all-file-back/dd391c99-af15-4c88-a8f5-302e22fb861f