Windows 10: PC restarting instead of hibernate

Discus and support PC restarting instead of hibernate in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC restarts whenever it goes into hibernating after being unused for some time. It shows a blue screen with this error code CRITITAL_PROCESS_DIED... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Windows-0-User, Oct 10, 2020.

1. PC restarting instead of hibernate

My PC restarts whenever it goes into hibernating after being unused for some time. It shows a blue screen with this error code CRITITAL_PROCESS_DIED

:)

Windows-0-User, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Hibernate/sleep option restart the PC.

Hello,

The Sleep/Hibernate is a useful power option for computers. We recommend following the method below to resolve the issue where your computer restarts instead of sleeping/hibernating.

Run the Power troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box, then hit Enter.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Select Power option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Get back to us for the result.

Ryan Pag, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Calon Win User
    How to hibernate then restart and have my PC restored

I'm using Task View and I have a few virtual desktops, each with its own applications. I hibernate whenever I go home but I was wondering if I could hibernate then restart my PC later on and have everything back the way it was?

Any good suggestions are appreciated.

Calon, Oct 10, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

PC restarting instead of hibernate

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

PC restarting instead of hibernate

1. PC restarting instead of hibernate - Similar Threads - restarting instead hibernate

2. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  4. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after hibernation: I hibernate computer every afternoon using Scheduler and command line shutdown/h. It works fine.I would like to restart computer at 7AM. Tried the command line shutdown/r on Scheduler, but it does not work. Any ideas on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated....
  5. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart after hibernation: I hibernate computer every afternoon using Scheduler and command line shutdown/h. It works fine.I would like to restart computer at 7AM. Tried the command line shutdown/r on Scheduler, but it does not work. Any ideas on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated....
  6. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 hibernates instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hibernates instead of sleeping: I have checked the advanced power options, and everything says that closing the lid and pressing power sleeps the laptop. But it hibernates instead. It doesn’t allow you to sleep it in the Start menu options either. This started happening after my laptop’s battery died. (it...
  8. How to hibernate then restart and have my PC restored

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hibernate then restart and have my PC restored: I'm using Task View and I have a few virtual desktops, each with its own applications. I hibernate whenever I go home but I was wondering if I could hibernate then restart my PC later on and have everything back the way it was? Any good suggestions are appreciated. 148360
  9. Hibernate Slow to restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hibernate Slow to restart: Since most recent updates when I resume after hibernation usually overnight my system is incredibly slow to work Does anyone have a fix, I've tried clearing cache before hibernation....
  10. Making W10 **SHUTDOWN** Instead of HIbernating

in Windows 10 Support
    Making W10 **SHUTDOWN** Instead of HIbernating: How can I make Windows 10 shutdown instead of hibernating? Everytime I shutdown, then turn my PC back on, I have to do a hard reboot because VeraCrypt gets all confused. 48965