Windows 10: PC restarting on its own

Discus and support PC restarting on its own in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Product: HP Elite 7500 Series MT Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) I am desperate. My PC restarts on its own all of a sudden while I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A-M-70, Feb 21, 2019.

1. A-M-70 Win User

PC restarting on its own

Product: HP Elite 7500 Series MT
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am desperate. My PC restarts on its own all of a sudden while I am working, once or twice a day, even if in Windows Update I set those hours as working hours.

There is no error message. It restarts just like there were Windows updates, because then the screen says WORKING ON UPDATES, the percentage increases until it arrives at 100% and the PC starts with the normal screen and no error message.

I will list all I already have attempted.

Please help me, I am on a deadline and desperate about the waste of time this creates.

System is Windows 10Pro 1809 latest build 17763.316

- The HP check gives no errors, nor hardware nor software. Tests have been passed all the time. No hardware damage. CPU is fine

- Antivirus checks and antimalware (Malware bytes, windows antimalware) show no malware

- I thought it was overheating, we cleaned the PC and put new paste around the CPU, but it keeps restarting at random

- All the drivers are updated as per Driver Booster and the HP website and manual update on Windows

- I have done 2 different help sessions with Microsoft support, because I thought it was linked with Windows Update or the definition updates in Windows Defender.

We did system cleaning, DISM image check, SFC SCANNOW, clean start with msconfig, error check, to no avail. The problem is still there.

- I already tried to install Window Updates with WSUS but it says all necessary updates are there

- I updated Flash

- I cleaned the REgister with Wise Registry

- I followed all the tutorials on similar problems, to no avail.

- I think it might be connected with savings settings, because sometimes it restarts when I leave the PC on for 15 minutes or so on my coffee break

- also, it restarted twice when I performed Windows System Cleaning as an administrator, deleting all files in the list

Basically, I am desperate. What to do? The only two things left are

1) updating the BIOS (AMI American Megatrends 8.21 10/20/2014 but I cannot find any updated BIOS

2) overwriting a clean Windows 10 installation over my files (but I can't now, I'm on a deadline)

Any advice for me? My HP is no longer under warranty and no updated writers are supplied, so I needed to rely on Driver Booster for that.

Do you need logs or other info?

Attached is complete HWINFO log at this link

:)

A-M-70, Feb 21, 2019

2. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

PC restarting on its own [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

PC restarting on its own [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Feb 21, 2019
  4. PC restarting on its own

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

PC restarting on its own

1. PC restarting on its own - Similar Threads - restarting own

2. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  3. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  4. audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  5. audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  6. Pc keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps restarting on its own: My Pc keeps restarting on its own and it seems to happen whenever I switch games. I've tried turning off fast start up, uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and I've updated the bios. Every time it restarts I'll see these two messages in the event viewer....
  7. Pc keeps restarting on its own

Pc keeps restarting on its own: My Pc keeps restarting on its own and it seems to happen whenever I switch games. I've tried turning off fast start up, uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and I've updated the bios. Every time it restarts I'll see these two messages in the event viewer....
  8. Pc keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  10. Computer is restarting on its own

Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc restarting on its own