Windows 10: PC restarting on its own

Discus and support PC restarting on its own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I shut my desktop and printer off last night because of storm forecast. After shutting down I walked by and noticed my computer was on. So I shut it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, May 28, 2018.

1. Nikilet Win User

PC restarting on its own

I shut my desktop and printer off last night because of storm forecast. After shutting down I walked by and noticed my computer was on. So I shut it down again and this time waited for it to go black. I thought it had shut down. I came in this morning to start it and discovered it was already on.

Can anyone help me with why this is happening and what I can do about it?

:)

Nikilet, May 28, 2018
  2. sofokles5 Win User

x7 restart on its own

the phone was bought on saterday 15/10/2011.

i am going to count here how many times will restart on its own.

today it is the third 3nd).

sofokles5, May 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 -- Issue: computer randomly restarts on its own

Hello Benjamin,

To see if any other Third party software is causing the issue, I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: If the issue still persists then,

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 29, 2018
Thema:

PC restarting on its own

1. PC restarting on its own - Similar Threads - restarting own

2. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  3. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  4. audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  5. audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  6. Pc keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps restarting on its own: My Pc keeps restarting on its own and it seems to happen whenever I switch games. I've tried turning off fast start up, uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and I've updated the bios. Every time it restarts I'll see these two messages in the event viewer....
  7. Pc keeps restarting on its own

Pc keeps restarting on its own: My Pc keeps restarting on its own and it seems to happen whenever I switch games. I've tried turning off fast start up, uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and I've updated the bios. Every time it restarts I'll see these two messages in the event viewer....
  8. Pc keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  10. Computer is restarting on its own

Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...