PC restarting on its own

Discus and support PC restarting on its own in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I shut my desktop and printer off last night because of storm forecast. After shutting down I walked by and noticed my computer was on. So I shut it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, May 28, 2018.

1. Nikilet Win User

I shut my desktop and printer off last night because of storm forecast. After shutting down I walked by and noticed my computer was on. So I shut it down again and this time waited for it to go black. I thought it had shut down. I came in this morning to start it and discovered it was already on.

Can anyone help me with why this is happening and what I can do about it?

:)

Nikilet, May 28, 2018
  2. sofokles5 Win User

x7 restart on its own

the phone was bought on saterday 15/10/2011.

i am going to count here how many times will restart on its own.

today it is the third 3nd).

sofokles5, May 29, 2018
  3. Anju Thekkethil Win User
    Windows 10 -- Issue: computer randomly restarts on its own

Hello Benjamin,

To see if any other Third party software is causing the issue, I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: If the issue still persists then,

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 29, 2018
Thema:

PC restarting on its own

PC restarting on its own - Similar Threads - restarting own

1. More 1803 woes - system loop on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    More 1803 woes - system loop on restart: I downloaded 1803 yesterday; at the completion of the download (option to update). I shut down the PC (normally) with a view to complete the update today. There is virtually nothing on the PC apart from Chrome. Today when I boot up all I get is a loop with the date screen,...
  2. 0x0000001e Windows 10 blue screen error and auto restart

in Windows 10 Support
    0x0000001e Windows 10 blue screen error and auto restart: I installed win10 to my new computer. But it often unpredictably jump into blue screen error and auto restart.(didn't run any heavy load program). The error code is as follow, Does anyone know what's the problem and how to solve it? THX 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc0000005,...
  3. Windows 10 blue screen error and auto restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blue screen error and auto restart: I installed win10 to my new computer. But it often unpredictably jump into blue screen error and auto restart.(didn't run any heavy load program). The error code is as follow, Does anyone know what's the problem and how to solve it? THX 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc0000005,...
  4. BSOD During Restart, following new RAM upgrade & fresh Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD During Restart, following new RAM upgrade & fresh Windows 10: Repeated MEMORY MANAGEMENT error BSOD after RAM upgrade from 2GB to a new 4GB Kingston DDR3 1600Mhz, 1.35V. Installed a fresh Windows 10 & did all automatic driver updates. Still got a BSOD during restart. I checked the ram with Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool & found no...
  5. Windows starts and runs about 3 mins then restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows starts and runs about 3 mins then restarts: I just upgraded my computer including changing from an Asus M5A99FX motherboard to a Gigabyte x470 Aorus. My problem is that when I boot the computer it starts and runs windows for about 3 minutes then this message pops up: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart....
  6. Internet connection won't restart with computer restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet connection won't restart with computer restart: If I am connected to the internet and need to restart my laptop (Win10) the internet is NOT reconnected when the computer reboots when restarting. Any ideas? 111650
  7. wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Support
    wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis: my wins 10 would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis, and not doing the updates.... at the beginning, the the computer would hang and I need to reboot it, and this would cause my win icon rearranged, there was a time, my wins would tell me it is fixing my...
PC restarting on its own solved