Windows 10: PC restarting on its own

Discus and support PC restarting on its own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I shut my desktop and printer off last night because of storm forecast. After shutting down I walked by and noticed my computer was on. So I shut it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, May 28, 2018.

1. Nikilet Win User

PC restarting on its own

I shut my desktop and printer off last night because of storm forecast. After shutting down I walked by and noticed my computer was on. So I shut it down again and this time waited for it to go black. I thought it had shut down. I came in this morning to start it and discovered it was already on.

Can anyone help me with why this is happening and what I can do about it?

:)

Nikilet, May 28, 2018
  2. sofokles5 Win User

x7 restart on its own

the phone was bought on saterday 15/10/2011.

i am going to count here how many times will restart on its own.

today it is the third 3nd).

sofokles5, May 29, 2018
  3. Anju Thekkethil Win User
    Windows 10 -- Issue: computer randomly restarts on its own

Hello Benjamin,

To see if any other Third party software is causing the issue, I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: If the issue still persists then,

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 29, 2018
Thema:

PC restarting on its own

1. PC restarting on its own - Similar Threads - restarting own

2. Random restarts on boot after October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random restarts on boot after October 2018 Update: Sometime, 1-3 day interval computer restarts on boot. After restart all is ok. Before October update all working not any problems. Error event: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 18.10.2018 19:38:38 Event ID: 41 Task...
  3. PC randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarts: Hi, I've been having an issue with my pc restarting itself during gaming: kernel-power 41 (63) error. I've tried troubleshooting this with no luck. I just downloaded Aida64 to test my system stability, when I selected the GPU it notified me that tdrDelay was set too low. Is...
  4. windows 10 keeps reverting data back after a restart and keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 keeps reverting data back after a restart and keeps crashing.: The most recent update for windows failed in the middle of installation. I can not get the update to install and my computer keeps randomly crashing. Upon restart, all of my files and programs have been reverted to a point about a week ago. programs I have uninstalled are...
  5. System restarted unexpectedly

System restarted unexpectedly: Hi, I was downloading a movie on my PC and was just using my phone, suddenly I noticed my system restarted automatically. I suspected a BSOD, even though I didn't notice. When I checked the minidump folder, I found a .dmp file in there. Hope anyone can help me to find the...
  6. PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen

PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen: Every time the PC crashes it will boot up and stay stuck on a black screen. Once it is shut down manually then booted up again it is fine. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:...
  7. Blue screen: Laptop restarts, it starts up on the auto repair, then it says repairing drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen: Laptop restarts, it starts up on the auto repair, then it says repairing drives: So i was using my Laptop, and i get a bluescreen, When my Laptop restarts, it starts up on the auto repair, then it says repairing drives, but it keeps failing, and bringing me to this screen that gives me the option to shut down or advanced settings, i tried System restore,...
  8. Restart/reboot resets brightness from 100% down to 50%

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Restart/reboot resets brightness from 100% down to 50%: This is occuring with a fresh install of 17763.1 and updated to 17763.55. Brightness ignores my setting. Gort 119895
  9. My computer freezes and then restarts

My computer freezes and then restarts: My computer freezes and then restarts, upgrades from Windows 8 to Windows 10, has 3 years with me, any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-freezes-and-then-restarts/3bfcdf2e-cb2e-4f31-852d-31ab21ee34a4
  10. wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Support
    wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis: my wins 10 would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis, and not doing the updates.... at the beginning, the the computer would hang and I need to reboot it, and this would cause my win icon rearranged, there was a time, my wins would tell me it is fixing my...