PC restarting on its own

Discus and support PC restarting on its own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I shut my desktop and printer off last night because of storm forecast. After shutting down I walked by and noticed my computer was on. So I shut it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, May 28, 2018.

1. Nikilet Win User

PC restarting on its own

I shut my desktop and printer off last night because of storm forecast. After shutting down I walked by and noticed my computer was on. So I shut it down again and this time waited for it to go black. I thought it had shut down. I came in this morning to start it and discovered it was already on.

Can anyone help me with why this is happening and what I can do about it?

:)

Nikilet, May 28, 2018
  2. sofokles5 Win User

x7 restart on its own

the phone was bought on saterday 15/10/2011.

i am going to count here how many times will restart on its own.

today it is the third 3nd).

sofokles5, May 29, 2018
  3. Anju Thekkethil Win User
    Windows 10 -- Issue: computer randomly restarts on its own

Hello Benjamin,

To see if any other Third party software is causing the issue, I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: If the issue still persists then,

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 29, 2018
Thema:

PC restarting on its own

1. PC restarting on its own - Similar Threads - restarting own

2. Windows 10 Spring Creators Update doesnt install after restarting nor using the Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Spring Creators Update doesnt install after restarting nor using the Windows 10...: I have been using this installation of windows for a while and I have disabled the Windows Update Services to stop downloads but now I have decided to update I notice that the installation of the Windows 10 version 1803 doesnt install, when it asks to restarts it shows that...
  3. How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When a critical error is encountered by the Windows operating system, the system throws a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This Blue Screen of Death then throws in the error code on the bottom left region and then reboots the [...] This post How to disable Automatic...
  4. Windows 10 update won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update won't restart: Windows 10 update now will not boot, recovery does not allow keyboard layout selection, USB keyboard now disabled Exact same results - 2 identical desktops...
  5. BSOD on Restart - Windows 10 Laptop

BSOD on Restart - Windows 10 Laptop: Hi, My otherwise flawless laptop has suddenly started crashing on Restart. It happens virtually every restart, but not all, and by restarting repeatedly, or shutting down and Starting, I have been able to get into windows. Once into Windows it works fine. I have spent...
  6. I want there to be no circumstances under which my computer restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    I want there to be no circumstances under which my computer restarts: Look, I cannot arrive at work in the morning and my computer has reset itself and I lost the things I was working on. How do I do this? 116034
  7. Windows 10 FREEZES when automatically reopening apps after restarting due to UPDATES.

Windows 10 FREEZES when automatically reopening apps after restarting due to UPDATES.: Take Spotify (desktop player app) for example. I have Spotify preferences set to NOT automatically start Spotify when Windows starts but Windows 10 will open it automatically, anyway, after the system restarts. These restarts are due to Windows Updates but probably have no...
  8. Update and restart --> BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and restart --> BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Update suggests and frequently forces an Update and Restart. This seems to work but the next time at boot time: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. Windows attempts and fails at a repair and that reboots successfully in current OS version. After this the start menu still has the...
  9. Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up: Hello I've had this problem for over a month now and I do not know what has caused it Every time I start my computer up or restart (sleep not affected) my desktop icons are all gone If I go on file explorer and check my drives, everything is still there but if I try to...
  10. wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Support
    wins would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis: my wins 10 would restart one to two times on its own on a daily basis, and not doing the updates.... at the beginning, the the computer would hang and I need to reboot it, and this would cause my win icon rearranged, there was a time, my wins would tell me it is fixing my...