Windows 10: PC Restarting Overnight

Discus and support PC Restarting Overnight in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, looking for some advice on my PC. It has been restarting of its own accord intermittently over the last few nights. I've checked Update and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stevemackenzie, May 30, 2020.

1. PC Restarting Overnight

Hi, looking for some advice on my PC. It has been restarting of its own accord intermittently over the last few nights. I've checked Update and it doesn't look like there have been Windows updates put through on either night.

I'm running Windows 10 on a desktop PC and Windows update are set to automatic.

I've also checked Event Viewer - it shows a critical issue happening once the PC has been put to sleep. The message shows "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I'm not sure what else to look for to find out more info of what is causing the reboot.

Any advice would be appreciated to narrow down what is causing the problem.

:)

stevemackenzie, May 30, 2020

2. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, May 30, 2020
  3. yoops Win User
    PC restarts overnight

Hey guys,

I have this problem with my PC being restarted when I wake up in the morning... and I have no idea what is wrong with it.. The most recent changes I did to my PC was when I optimized my PC using the 'Windows XP Optimization Guide' stickied on this forum... I didn't make any changes to my registry though.. Anybody care to help?

yoops, May 30, 2020
  4. PC Restarting Overnight

PC restarts overnight

Are you overclocking at all? That could make it unstable. Another possibility is a minor power cut, if the power flickers off for a split second that makes my PC restart. Don't think the network should cause it.

I'm assuming it was a one-off? Maybe even just a software glitch.

Jimmy 2004, May 30, 2020
Thema:

PC Restarting Overnight

1. PC Restarting Overnight - Similar Threads - Restarting Overnight

2. Random restart PC for multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restart PC for multiple times: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false NonInteractiveNuget : true AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  3. Random restart PC for multiple times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restart PC for multiple times: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false NonInteractiveNuget : true AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  4. Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu: So, I am trying to open the Start menu, but it's not responding and after that, it crashes and restarts. Every time I press the Windows button to open the Start menu, the desktop flickers and the taskbar restarts itself. How do I fix this?...
  5. Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu

Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu: So, I am trying to open the Start menu, but it's not responding and after that, it crashes and restarts. Every time I press the Windows button to open the Start menu, the desktop flickers and the taskbar restarts itself. How do I fix this?...
  6. Windows 11 Not Restarting Overnight to Install Windows Updates/ Sleep Mode?

Windows 11 Not Restarting Overnight to Install Windows Updates/ Sleep Mode?: Hi All,New computer, Active Hours are from 7am-1am. I put my PC to sleep outside of Active Hours when updates are in the query. The problem is the laptop has not restarted outside of Active Hours when I I wake up in the morning. Can closing the lid, sleep mode be a cause of...
  7. Windows 11 Not Restarting Overnight to Install Windows Updates/ Sleep Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Restarting Overnight to Install Windows Updates/ Sleep Mode?: Hi All,New computer, Active Hours are from 7am-1am. I put my PC to sleep outside of Active Hours when updates are in the query. The problem is the laptop has not restarted outside of Active Hours when I I wake up in the morning. Can closing the lid, sleep mode be a cause of...
  8. After shutting down PC overnight and turning on in morning cannot log in (restart fixes)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After shutting down PC overnight and turning on in morning cannot log in (restart fixes): So I had this issue once or twice before but it's becoming more common. I would shutdown my pc at night, turn on in the morning(no fast boot/using NVME SSD) and I would type my password in but couldn't press enter and log in, it would just highlight my password. So I removed...
  9. Windows 10 UPDATE now Computer Won't Restart afer overnight

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 UPDATE now Computer Won't Restart afer overnight: So on 8/14 system installed new update for Windows 10. The monitor shuts down after 10 minutes and mouse movement will wake it up. But overnight computer sleeps? or something. When I move mouse it doesn't wake up. I hear it running but I have to shut it off and reboot...
  10. Is there a way to know if the computer restarted by itself overnight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to know if the computer restarted by itself overnight?: My computer would occasionally make a short buzz sound (1/2 second), then get a blue screen and restarts. I took everything apart and found my video card, Nvida GeForce GTX 660, to be full of dust. I took it apart and cleaned it. Now, I want to know if it is fixed, and I'll...