Windows 10: PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD

Discus and support PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is extremely annoying. New PC, built it myself about a month ago, no prior experience. System Builder - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RayThePurple, Oct 30, 2019.

1. PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD

This is extremely annoying. New PC, built it myself about a month ago, no prior experience.

System Builder - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING, MX330 ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker Windows 10 pro. Had some kinks to work out in the first week but it's been pretty good since and the last few days it's just restarted a lot without warning. No blue screens.

It's not the CPU temp - been monitoring with Core Temp, it has restarted with the temp 50-60C.

I thought it might be Windows updater because of what the reliability control panel shows here

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...99/unknown.png

See? Windows Defender updates happened after some bunches of restarts... so I turned off windows updater...least I think I did. I went to Services App, and disabled Windows updater and Windows Update Medic Service. It shows them as disabled/manual, and not currently running. I set my 'active hours' from 9 a.m. to 1a.m. to keep it from doing any auto updates/restarts in that period. I also set my network connection to Metered. I've tried sfc /scannow, no integrity violations. It has happened while watching TV with VLC. It has happened while streaming games on twitch (several times in between matches of Apex Legends, but not in the middle of a match). it has happened while running games off-stream. it has happened while all that was running was discord and Firefox trying to solve the problem. It has happened while all I had opened was control panel. It has even happened before I opened anything at all. Tried some stress testing, simultaneously ran Prime95 Small FFT and Unigine Valley at max settings and my PC didn't restart so I don't think it's CPU/GPU/PSU, they got pretty warm. It does seem to be the worst when trying to play/stream games but it's so inconsistent. My best guess is the 'Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus' because that seems to always show up on reliability monitor after a bunch of restarts but I don't know what to do about it or why it would cause multiple automatic restarts per update...

:)

RayThePurple, Oct 30, 2019
  2. bbmarley Win User

BSOD randomly

friend keeps getting BSOD
    any suggestions?

PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD 2e3s7lz.jpg

bbmarley, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Tau45 Win User
    Pc restarts randomly

I've got a problem with my pc, it restarts randomly without any bsod, I get event 41 only. Can it be caused by bus speed spikes? Here are some I saw:

PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD 4brp7d5zwgs4-png.png

PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD 6e4084lck2gg-png.png

As you can see the cpu multiplier is set to 40. The bus looks like raising close to 103MHz, it doesn't seem ok.

Here's the setup:
    PSU: Corsair VS 450W
    MOBO: MSI H81M-P33
    CPU: Pentium G3258 @4ghz 1.2V
    RAM: Crucial 8GB 1600MHz CL11
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX950
    HDD: Samsung SP2504C
    ODD: Asus DRW-24F1ST
    Windows 10 64-bit

It's crazy because I can run world of tanks and it will restart over and over, then I would run gta 5 and it will be fine.

Tau45, Oct 30, 2019
  4. PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD

Pc gets BSOD randomly

Hello I wanted to know if anyone can help me stop my pc from getting the BSOD. It randomly occurs while booting up of after being in use. The minidump says it was caused by svchost.exe. (I did a fresh install of windows but it didn't fix the problem) any
    suggestions?

AndresMontanez, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD

1. PC Restarting randomly, no warning, no explanation, no BSOD - Similar Threads - Restarting randomly warning

2. My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD: I need help. My PC suddenly powers down and restarts without any warnings or such. Usually it happens when I'm playing games, mostly Apex Legends. It will occur usually after 1-2games of TDM, sometimes in BR as well. Now recently, i've only been using it for work and it...
  3. My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD: I need help. My PC suddenly powers down and restarts without any warnings or such. Usually it happens when I'm playing games, mostly Apex Legends. It will occur usually after 1-2games of TDM, sometimes in BR as well. Now recently, i've only been using it for work and it...
  4. My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My PC randomly restarts without any warning or BSOD

My PC randomly restarts without any warning or BSOD: My issue is that sometimes when I use my pc it just randomly restarts without giving any warnings. Its pretty inconsistent so you can't exactly tell when it'll happen and you can use the pc longer sometimes before it happens and sometimes shorter. Whenever I use my pc whether...
  6. My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD

My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD: My issue is that sometimes when I use my pc it just randomly restarts without giving any warnings. Its pretty inconsistent so you can't exactly tell when it'll happen and you can use the pc longer sometimes before it happens and sometimes shorter. Whenever I use my pc whether...
  7. My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD: My issue is that sometimes when I use my pc it just randomly restarts without giving any warnings. Its pretty inconsistent so you can't exactly tell when it'll happen and you can use the pc longer sometimes before it happens and sometimes shorter. Whenever I use my pc whether...
  8. My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD

9. PC randomly restarts with no warning

PC randomly restarts with no warning: Hello, I recently built a PC and the PC is restarting with no warning. In the Event Viewer, there is not really any information, as all I see is the Kernel Power Error 41, which does not tell anything about why the PC is crashing. I believe this is a software issue or a...
  10. Windows randomly BSOD no explanation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows randomly BSOD no explanation: PC specs: IntelR CoreTM i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz Gigabyte Z77-D3H 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz 250 WD Green SSD Cooler Master Bronze 80PLUS 650W Asus ROG Strix RX 570 OC 8GB Gaming < *new* So recently I bought a new GPU previously ran on iGPU and went to reinstall Windows 10 Home, on...