Windows 10: PC restarting

Discus and support PC restarting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC every now and then turns off then restarts. Please help I've had this PC for almost three years and never had this problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by joshuaarnold3, Mar 2, 2020.

1. PC restarting

My PC every now and then turns off then restarts. Please help I've had this PC for almost three years and never had this problem.

:)

joshuaarnold3, Mar 2, 2020

2. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

PC restarting [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

PC restarting [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Mar 2, 2020
  4. PC restarting

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

PC restarting

1. PC restarting - Similar Threads - restarting

2. Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu: So, I am trying to open the Start menu, but it's not responding and after that, it crashes and restarts. Every time I press the Windows button to open the Start menu, the desktop flickers and the taskbar restarts itself. How do I fix this?...
  3. Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu: So, I am trying to open the Start menu, but it's not responding and after that, it crashes and restarts. Every time I press the Windows button to open the Start menu, the desktop flickers and the taskbar restarts itself. How do I fix this?...
  4. Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop: Hi,every day I keep changing Adobe being a default app for pdf files. And every day when I start my laptop, Adobe is back to Chrome. This is ridiculous to be doing every day.Thank you....
  5. Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop: Hi,every day I keep changing Adobe being a default app for pdf files. And every day when I start my laptop, Adobe is back to Chrome. This is ridiculous to be doing every day.Thank you....
  6. Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop

7. Adobe is being reset to Chrome every time I restart my laptop

8. "Select a sound output" from Taskbar Crashes and Wont Reopen until PC Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Select a sound output" from Taskbar Crashes and Wont Reopen until PC Restart: I am getting an intermittent error when I click "Select a sound output" from the taskbar. When I do get the error it hangs for about 2-3 seconds and then the popup closes and cannot be reopened until I restart my computer. I can still go into the "Volume mixer" in Windows...
  9. "Select a sound output" from Taskbar Crashes and Wont Reopen until PC Restart

"Select a sound output" from Taskbar Crashes and Wont Reopen until PC Restart: I am getting an intermittent error when I click "Select a sound output" from the taskbar. When I do get the error it hangs for about 2-3 seconds and then the popup closes and cannot be reopened until I restart my computer. I can still go into the "Volume mixer" in Windows...
  10. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games: An issue started for me last week where I would be playing a game and suddenly both monitors would go black and not come back. I tried using Ctrl-Alt-Delete, disconnecting and reconnecting the monitors but I can only bring the display back by forcing a restart. It's happened...