Windows 10: PC restarts after win 10 update

Discus and support PC restarts after win 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi,ever since i recently updated win 10 to fall creators (1709) my PC has started to randomly shut down and instantly reeboot (slowly) without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrMaj3stic, Feb 8, 2018.

1. PC restarts after win 10 update

hi,ever since i recently updated win 10 to fall creators (1709) my PC has started to randomly shut down and instantly reeboot (slowly) without warning,the event log is showing error 10016,and critical 41.i have done everything i can as a basic pc knowledgable user,SFC,virus scan,the PC is running cool,i changed sockets on the wall,bought a new surge protected strip extension,error checks on HDD,clean install,but all seem ok.what could be doing the shutdowns?.
    i am at my wits end,i had a previous PC that started doing the exact same thing when i upgraded it to WIN 10 from 7,this replacement had it pre installed.any assistance would be greatfully received.
    DESKTOP-ALV6EGA-08_02_18_234356_96.zip

:)

MrMaj3stic, Feb 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 anniversary update stuck during update at 14%

During updating WIN 10 AU on my PC having WIN 10 ver 1511 with windows update every things going on during downloading and reparing for install, but after restarting my PC for updating it says updates going on dont' turn off screen comes and there is no
    activitity after 14% for 3 days. after that I simply poweroff my PC and switched on again. But it says rollback to prevous windows version. Again I am trying to update but there is no update for WIN AU ( 1607 ) in windows update and says your pc is upto date .
    Please help to update WINDOWS 10 AU ( version 1607 )

Sak

sakthi9816, Feb 8, 2018
  3. [Solved] Nokia Lumia 930 update 10.0.14393.448 error 0x800f081f

Hi everybody,

After I read what means the error, I have decided to install again all from scratch and finally I have Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.14393.448!

I don't know if it mattered but this time, I have restarted the phone after each major update (Windows style) and everything was set to English US:

- Windows Device Recovery Tool: Win 8.1 -> restart

- All updates (apps) for Win 8.1 -> restart

- Upgrade Advisor: Win 10 10.0.10586.107 -> restart

- All updates (apps) for Win 10 -> restart

- Update Win 10 to 10.0.14393.448 -> restart

- All updates (apps) for Win 10 -> restart

Kind regards,

Gabriel

GabrielGHEORGHIU, Feb 8, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

PC restarts after win 10 update

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

I would check your hard disk for errors and make sure you have everything backed up and a system image just in case it fails.

PC restarts after win 10 update [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Also perform a CHKDSK scan.

philc43, Feb 8, 2018
  5. thank you for you response,here is requested,will run a CHKDSK scan next,just doing a system backup and image.

MrMaj3stic, Feb 8, 2018
  6. philc43 Win User
    I would say those results are not great but at least it is not showing imminent failure. Once the average transfer rate starts to drop below 50MB/s I start to get worried.

Lets see what CHKDSK shows. If you like you could run the extensive test (see option 3):

Open an administrative command prompt and type (or copy and paste): chkdsk /x /f /r

You will be asked to schedule this for next time the system restarts.
    This may take many hours to run so plan to run it overnight.

philc43, Feb 8, 2018
  7. Just to update you,currently running a CHKDSK it has been running now for a couple of hours,and it’s still at 10%,like you said,it may be a while.will let you know the results when they are in.

MrMaj3stic, Feb 8, 2018
  8. philc43 Win User

Yes, expect it to take 4 hours or more depending on what it finds.

philc43, Feb 8, 2018
  9. hi philc43 the CHKDSK finished no errors,i looked at the event logs,and today there was a lot of disk event id 51s,but no more criticals,restarts.i did update AMD drivers a couple of days ago which i thought might be the problem,but not the case.

CHKDSK.2.txt

MrMaj3stic, Feb 8, 2018
  10. philc43 Win User
    It is also worth running a system file check just in case any files are corrupted from the previous shutdowns.

After that, if you are still getting restarts, post a new set of logfiles.

philc43, Feb 9, 2018
  11. okeydoke,i ran SFC and Dism,both fine.today,so far,no resets,if it happens over the course of the next 24h,i will post a new set of log files.

MrMaj3stic, Feb 9, 2018
  12. zbook New Member
    zbook, Feb 10, 2018
  13. PC restarts after win 10 update

hi zbook,everytime i try and run seatools it gets stuck at USB scanning for supported drives,tried re installing,as admin,all no good.i installed WD data life guard,and ran a few tests,along with SMART,all ok.here are all the results.

*Name: DESKTOP-ALV6EGA (2018-02-11 12 16).zip Views: 0 Size: 491.8 KBDESKTOP-ALV6EGA (2018-02-11 12 16).zip

MrMaj3stic, Feb 11, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    Which version of Sea Tools was used Windows or Dos?
    Was it downloaded onto the computer or used as USB?

If it has not been tried see if you can use Sea Tools for Windows and download and install on the PC. Then launch to run SMART, short and long generic.

zbook, Feb 11, 2018
  15. it was windows that i downloaded straight to pc.could it be that i have 64-bit and the tool is 32?.

MrMaj3stic, Feb 11, 2018
Thema:

1. PC restarts after win 10 update - Similar Threads - restarts update

2. Endless restart Loop - win 10 will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Endless restart Loop - win 10 will not update: exact steps to install the update manually?Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2Installed on ‎8/‎16/‎2020OS build 19042.867Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0...
  3. Files are gone after restart for updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are gone after restart for updating to Windows 10: I restart my laptop and all of my files are gone. I even did the system restore thingy but it doesn't work. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-gone-after-restart-for-updating-to/55323080-1a9a-4103-969b-af1ffff750bf
  4. Eject/Dismount USB Drive Before Restart/update

Eject/Dismount USB Drive Before Restart/update: I once lost a lot of data from an external USB drive because windows automatically did an update when the drive was connected, and erased all the data.If I am at the computer when it has updates available then I would remove the drive manually, but I am wondering if there is...
  5. File explorer restarts anytime i click on an app icon in the taskbar after the latest update

File explorer restarts anytime i click on an app icon in the taskbar after the latest update: Every time i click on an app icon in the taskbar, or try to drag the taskbar which doesn't work, all of the app icons disappear, then reappear again; and all of the file explorer folders that had been open are closed. Basically it looks like the file explorer is restarting....
  6. when I update INTELRGRAPHICS driver. After restart of windows it display's cursor in black...

when I update INTELRGRAPHICS driver. After restart of windows it display's cursor in black...: when I enable IntelRHD Graphics display adaptor in device manager then my windows 10 shows blue screen error VIDEO TDR FAILURE . After automatic restart, then it shows cursor in the black screen and I can't open windows 10. After all this in safe mode > start>right...
  7. Windows 10 apps updating ownself after computer restart

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 apps updating ownself after computer restart: Im trying to download something from the Microsoft Store, and the download showed " Aquiring License", so i restarted the computer and after doing so, i saw a notification saying that they are updating cortana, i didnt even ask them too. then, almost all of the default...
  8. windows makes me restart every day to update maybe Security intelligence updates for...

windows makes me restart every day to update maybe Security intelligence updates for...: every time I start my computer and I check the power options in my start menu it always shows theres an update that needs to be done, but whats really annoying is that everyday sometime in the afternoon i get a popup telling me to restart now, or it will restart in an hour...
  9. How to stop automatic restarts or shut downs related to Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop automatic restarts or shut downs related to Windows Update: Is there a way to stop Windows from randomly restarting or shutting down to finish updates? I have several PCs that I need running constantly without shutting down or restarting and the Windows Update keeps doing that Thanks 180016
  10. Windows 1909 to 20h2 update black screen after restart

Windows 1909 to 20h2 update black screen after restart: hi guys, so my computer is on windows 10 1909, and windows has been prompting me to restart my computer for ages in order to update. problem is, every time i click on "update and restart", it goes smoothly till the part where windows tells you that it is going to restart...