Windows 10: PC restarts after win 10 update

Discus and support PC restarts after win 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi,ever since i recently updated win 10 to fall creators (1709) my PC has started to randomly shut down and instantly reeboot (slowly) without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrMaj3stic, Feb 8, 2018.

1. PC restarts after win 10 update

hi,ever since i recently updated win 10 to fall creators (1709) my PC has started to randomly shut down and instantly reeboot (slowly) without warning,the event log is showing error 10016,and critical 41.i have done everything i can as a basic pc knowledgable user,SFC,virus scan,the PC is running cool,i changed sockets on the wall,bought a new surge protected strip extension,error checks on HDD,clean install,but all seem ok.what could be doing the shutdowns?.
    i am at my wits end,i had a previous PC that started doing the exact same thing when i upgraded it to WIN 10 from 7,this replacement had it pre installed.any assistance would be greatfully received.
    DESKTOP-ALV6EGA-08_02_18_234356_96.zip

:)

MrMaj3stic, Feb 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 anniversary update stuck during update at 14%

During updating WIN 10 AU on my PC having WIN 10 ver 1511 with windows update every things going on during downloading and reparing for install, but after restarting my PC for updating it says updates going on dont' turn off screen comes and there is no
    activitity after 14% for 3 days. after that I simply poweroff my PC and switched on again. But it says rollback to prevous windows version. Again I am trying to update but there is no update for WIN AU ( 1607 ) in windows update and says your pc is upto date .
    Please help to update WINDOWS 10 AU ( version 1607 )

Sak

sakthi9816, Feb 8, 2018
  3. [Solved] Nokia Lumia 930 update 10.0.14393.448 error 0x800f081f

Hi everybody,

After I read what means the error, I have decided to install again all from scratch and finally I have Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.14393.448!

I don't know if it mattered but this time, I have restarted the phone after each major update (Windows style) and everything was set to English US:

- Windows Device Recovery Tool: Win 8.1 -> restart

- All updates (apps) for Win 8.1 -> restart

- Upgrade Advisor: Win 10 10.0.10586.107 -> restart

- All updates (apps) for Win 10 -> restart

- Update Win 10 to 10.0.14393.448 -> restart

- All updates (apps) for Win 10 -> restart

Kind regards,

Gabriel

GabrielGHEORGHIU, Feb 8, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

PC restarts after win 10 update

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

I would check your hard disk for errors and make sure you have everything backed up and a system image just in case it fails.

PC restarts after win 10 update [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Also perform a CHKDSK scan.

philc43, Feb 8, 2018
  5. thank you for you response,here is requested,will run a CHKDSK scan next,just doing a system backup and image.

MrMaj3stic, Feb 8, 2018
  6. philc43 Win User
    I would say those results are not great but at least it is not showing imminent failure. Once the average transfer rate starts to drop below 50MB/s I start to get worried.

Lets see what CHKDSK shows. If you like you could run the extensive test (see option 3):

Open an administrative command prompt and type (or copy and paste): chkdsk /x /f /r

You will be asked to schedule this for next time the system restarts.
    This may take many hours to run so plan to run it overnight.

philc43, Feb 8, 2018
  7. Just to update you,currently running a CHKDSK it has been running now for a couple of hours,and it’s still at 10%,like you said,it may be a while.will let you know the results when they are in.

MrMaj3stic, Feb 8, 2018
  8. philc43 Win User

Yes, expect it to take 4 hours or more depending on what it finds.

philc43, Feb 8, 2018
  9. hi philc43 the CHKDSK finished no errors,i looked at the event logs,and today there was a lot of disk event id 51s,but no more criticals,restarts.i did update AMD drivers a couple of days ago which i thought might be the problem,but not the case.

CHKDSK.2.txt

MrMaj3stic, Feb 8, 2018
  10. philc43 Win User
    It is also worth running a system file check just in case any files are corrupted from the previous shutdowns.

After that, if you are still getting restarts, post a new set of logfiles.

philc43, Feb 9, 2018
  11. okeydoke,i ran SFC and Dism,both fine.today,so far,no resets,if it happens over the course of the next 24h,i will post a new set of log files.

MrMaj3stic, Feb 9, 2018
  12. zbook New Member
    zbook, Feb 10, 2018
  13. PC restarts after win 10 update

hi zbook,everytime i try and run seatools it gets stuck at USB scanning for supported drives,tried re installing,as admin,all no good.i installed WD data life guard,and ran a few tests,along with SMART,all ok.here are all the results.

*Name: DESKTOP-ALV6EGA (2018-02-11 12 16).zip Views: 0 Size: 491.8 KBDESKTOP-ALV6EGA (2018-02-11 12 16).zip

MrMaj3stic, Feb 11, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    Which version of Sea Tools was used Windows or Dos?
    Was it downloaded onto the computer or used as USB?

If it has not been tried see if you can use Sea Tools for Windows and download and install on the PC. Then launch to run SMART, short and long generic.

zbook, Feb 11, 2018
  15. it was windows that i downloaded straight to pc.could it be that i have 64-bit and the tool is 32?.

MrMaj3stic, Feb 11, 2018
Thema:

1. PC restarts after win 10 update - Similar Threads - restarts update

2. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  3. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  4. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...
  5. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...
  6. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  7. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  8. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  9. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  10. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...