Windows 10: PC restarts every time after shutdown. Need help.

Discus and support PC restarts every time after shutdown. Need help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I've been having this issue for quite a while now. Basically, the pc starts itself every time immediately after shutdown and I'm forced to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LilDedushka, Aug 27, 2020.

1. PC restarts every time after shutdown. Need help.

Hello. I've been having this issue for quite a while now. Basically, the pc starts itself every time immediately after shutdown and I'm forced to turn it off with holding the power button for a couple of seconds. Every setting for waking the pc is disabled, power options, I did all that. However, I recently checked the option powercfg /waketimers in cmd and here's what I found:

Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker) expires at 2:24:11 PM on 9/10/2020.

Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Backup Scan' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

Timer set by [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe expires at 2:24:11 PM on 9/10/2020.

When I go and try to disable the permission for waking the pc in Task Scheduler, it pops up some user account window and asks for a password, which I don't have it. You have to have some kind of super admin permission to disable these settings I guess. Also, I'm using Windows version 1909 and I have the update for 2004. I don't know if that would fix my issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/LilDedushka
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LilDedushka, Aug 27, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Aug 27, 2020
  3. drpet23 Win User
    Pc restart instead of shutdown after brief powerloss.

When powerloss ( 1 second ) ( due to switch of electric fuse ) is very brief pc will restart or shutdown. ?

My pc get restarted instead of shutdown.Any ideas?

I ask because i have in bios option AC Power Loss POWER OFF.

When i manually cut power for longer time pc will not boot itself when power back, because i have AC POWER LOSS POWER OFF in bios.
    But few days ago when power due to switch of electric fuse was off only for 1 second pc restarts instead of shutdown.

drpet23, Aug 27, 2020
  4. PC restarts every time after shutdown. Need help.

little cat, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

PC restarts every time after shutdown. Need help.

1. PC restarts every time after shutdown. Need help. - Similar Threads - restarts every shutdown

2. Inaccessible_boot_device, then PC restarts, then works. Every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible_boot_device, then PC restarts, then works. Every time: This is a very unique problem. Since Feb 6th 2024 every time I boot my PC it hangs on the boot for about 2 minutes then crashes to Inaccessible_boot_device bluescreen, then restarts, then boots up normally.I have tried driver rollbacks and all sorts of things but it still...
  3. Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening: Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening And all the desktop files disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-the-pc-is-shutdown-or-restart-all-the/dbb54361-83e9-4e2b-b1a9-ff71436d46a9
  4. Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening

Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening: Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening And all the desktop files disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-the-pc-is-shutdown-or-restart-all-the/dbb54361-83e9-4e2b-b1a9-ff71436d46a9
  5. BSOD "critical process died" every time I restart or shutdown my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD "critical process died" every time I restart or shutdown my PC.: My PC goes into BSOD every time I try to restart, shut down, even log out of my user. It gives me code:critical_process_died. Resetting the PC doesn't work. I tried to update with windows installer, same thing. I don't know what to do....
  6. BSOD "critical process died" every time I restart or shutdown my PC.

BSOD "critical process died" every time I restart or shutdown my PC.: My PC goes into BSOD every time I try to restart, shut down, even log out of my user. It gives me code:critical_process_died. Resetting the PC doesn't work. I tried to update with windows installer, same thing. I don't know what to do....
  7. BSOD "critical process died" every time I restart or shutdown my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD Every Time PC Restarts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD Every Time PC Restarts: Hey guys, for the last few days my computer has been randomly BSOD with the same error every time, "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION". It usually only happens when I restart my computer and sometimes IO get stuck in a loop and can't get in for several minutes. I've read that it may be...
  9. [HELP] Frustratingly long time to startup after restarting every time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Frustratingly long time to startup after restarting every time: My laptop takes around five minutes every time I restart. It usually takes less than 10 seconds due to the SSD. Could it be because I've turned on insider updates ? I have checked my task manager and disabled all non essential apps to run on startup - Spotify , Discord,...
  10. Pc restarts itself after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc restarts itself after shutdown: When I press shutdown button in start menu,It restarts itself.Usually it happens at night. How can I fix this? 139074